Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

And even that's all contingent on CQC having his poo poo together, which he never does.

He is just finishing the annotations. :airquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Theoretically, if I wanted to make John Romero's Daikatana run on a post-2001 PC, how should I go about doing so?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wales Grey posted:

Theoretically, if I wanted to make John Romero's Daikatana run on a post-2001 PC, how should I go about doing so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoZQ0fMvU2Q&feature=youtu.be&list=PLujD0YTbg-wHEl-I_EPZzgecdd_BE2vgS

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Kris Kross is really good

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

No commentary this episode because it's only 9 minutes long and nothing interesting even happens in it.

Next video will be E4DM, which we're still having trouble scheduling. If we can't get it out for next week then I think CQC might have a bonus video he can put up. E4M6 will go up after E4DM and will be the last video.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 27, 2016

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
I would like to think that even the likes of Daikatana can be vastly improved by suitable music choices. Also it''s really too bad that Mikiko can't be arsed to hit the N key as you would not have to do ridiculous puzzles to make a wooden ladder drop (and from the looks of it you could just jump with 5 acrobatics anyway.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

ModeWondershot posted:

I would like to think that even the likes of Daikatana can be vastly improved by suitable music choices. Also it''s really too bad that Mikiko can't be arsed to hit the N key as you would not have to do ridiculous puzzles to make a wooden ladder drop (and from the looks of it you could just jump with 5 acrobatics anyway.

This is interesting actually because the music for this level is actually really good (you get to hear some of it towards the end) and also that Mikiko only needs to be at the lowest level of the ladder room to trigger the next level. My first time playing I thought that the ladders spawned incorrectly so I nocliped up top and then was surprised that it let me transition with her at the bottom.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
We did the MP4, but somehow the audio for the first session isn't there, I blame chrono.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Watch Mad Bull 34

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Watch Mad Bull 34

This. Also, I spent a Saturday afternoon watching anime and playing Daikatana. What am I doing with my life.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Watch Mad Bull 34

Mad bull rocks.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

E4DM ended up being probably the least crap. To everyone's surprise the Kineticore was the best weapon but it wasn't completely unfun like the C4/Eye/Stavros were in the previous DM sessions.

Thanks again to Commissar and HOTLANTA, and sorry we had to play without you NextSunday.

Next week's video will be E4M6 which is the game's grand finale.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
#Trump2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Only 14 and a half minutes? Wow, it seemed longer :v:

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Thank you DA PANET EARF.
Goodbye Handuar.
And to DoctorStrangelove:

Congratulations!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DA PANET EARF posted:

Thank you DA PANET EARF.
Goodbye Handuar.
And to DoctorStrangelove:

Congratulations!

See you, time samurai!

NextSundayA.D.
May 13, 2009
I work Friday nights so i couldn't make it anyway. Sorry I didn't notice the pm. I don't get that many and never check them.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Clearly the Republican presidential candidate should be determined with a match of Daikatana. It's the only thing that could make the election circus more entertaining.

Also, I am ashamed to admit I knew what you were talking about when you brought up the toothbrush.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
This concludes Daikatana the annotated series.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So that was it

huh

well time for you to start let's play hunnie pop

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey you guys wanna be in my Bad Rats LP

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I'm one of those suckers that played Super Moses 3d Super 3d Ark and yeah, the final weapon is huge. It got retconned from bible cannon for being op.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I'm one of those suckers that played Super Moses 3d Super 3d Ark and yeah, the final weapon is huge. It got retconned from bible cannon for being op.

I don't know if you knew this by the way, but the game got semi reverse engineered and got loving added to steam via color dreams. which still exists, if you wish to play this... thing. Also if I remember correctly the way they got the music to work is nothing short of insanity and involved like emulating the SNES sound chip or something equally as insane.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i'm sorry, did the final quit screen message make a loving ultima 5 reference??

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, Superfly was a security chief right? Why the gently caress is he sitting in on a meeting between an Ebihara and Kage Mishima? He's just some guy.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Anachronox owns.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Welp, thank you guys for bringing us this travesty of programming and business with which I might now freely torture my friends. It was a lot of fun to see and hear, and I will look forward to whenever Stalin Subway gets played, and would be happy to be roped into co-commentary, given that you guys seem to have some fun doing it.

Also, CQC should absolutely add me on Steam so that I can gawk at his game list.

Have fun playing Huniepop.

Omedetou, bitches.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

ModeWondershot posted:

Welp, thank you guys for bringing us this travesty of programming and business with which I might now freely torture my friends. It was a lot of fun to see and hear, and I will look forward to whenever Stalin Subway gets played, and would be happy to be roped into co-commentary, given that you guys seem to have some fun doing it.

Also, CQC should absolutely add me on Steam so that I can gawk at his game list.

Have fun playing Huniepop.

Omedetou, bitches.

I actually might have CQC beat since he doesn't have Sakura Spirit or Hyperdimension Neptunia.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Thank you, so now if anybody asks me if the plot of Daikatana is as stupid as everything else in Daikatana, I can emphatically say "yes"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I can't leave this thread without my buddy Superdly

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Welp this certainly was a game!

I played that stupid Noah's Ark shooter because the neighbor's kids I sometimes hung out with had uber christian parents who thought all video games were evil if they weren't specifically about the bible. Didn't matter if it was a lovely Doom rip off, the name was all that mattered, and it was the closest thing to a 'fun' game they were ever allowed to play. And then the computer was taken away from the kids because they installed Chex Quest. That's my bad video games story bye

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Broken Box posted:

Welp this certainly was a game!

I played that stupid Noah's Ark shooter because the neighbor's kids I sometimes hung out with had uber christian parents who thought all video games were evil if they weren't specifically about the bible. Didn't matter if it was a lovely Doom rip off, the name was all that mattered, and it was the closest thing to a 'fun' game they were ever allowed to play. And then the computer was taken away from the kids because they installed Chex Quest. That's my bad video games story bye

That's a shame to because chex quest loving owns bones all kinds of hard. Also the creator released Chex quest 3 for free, which has CQ 1 and 2 built into it.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I actually might have CQC beat since he doesn't have Sakura Spirit or Hyperdimension Neptunia.

No.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
a) why do you have three loving copies of daikatana listed 2) dota isn't in "bad non shooters"

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

CraigK posted:

dota isn't in "bad non shooters"

Dwarven Sniper, possibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

CraigK posted:

a) why do you have three loving copies of daikatana listed 2) dota isn't in "bad non shooters"

One of them is the GOG version, one of them is the steam version, and the other... uhh... I legit have no idea what it is or where it came from.

EDIT: turns out that it is the GOG version again. No I have no idea why I had 2 shorcuts to it on there, and why one is capital D and one is lowercase d.

• Locked thread