Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Cost goes up by 2 each level till 100 then its 1 per level, you kinda quit worrying about it after like rank 85.

Yuri is alittle hard to work with, shes got fantastic line buffs but shes not ideal as an attacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Drakes posted:

Cost goes up by 2 each level till 100 then its 1 per level, you kinda quit worrying about it after like rank 85.

Yuri is alittle hard to work with, shes got fantastic line buffs but shes not ideal as an attacker.

Sorry I meant player 'cost'. Does it only increase when you evolve a character?

Ty about Yuri. I think she's worth investing into at my point, I'm only rank 34.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VelociBacon posted:

How exactly is cost calculated in this game? I'm worried I'll upgrade my players too much and be unable to fill a slot because :cost:.

e: Yuri's in-position effects seem really strong. Am I misled?

She's got a great totem buff (35% health is great, as is 35% attack) but her AI makes her suicide into stronger units, meaning she sucks in PvP if you place her in the back line or if you like playing on Auto.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

She's got a great totem buff (35% health is great, as is 35% attack) but her AI makes her suicide into stronger units, meaning she sucks in PvP if you place her in the back line or if you like playing on Auto.

Yeah at rank 34 I'm nowhere near getting seriously into PVP. Good to know though!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VelociBacon posted:

Sorry I meant player 'cost'. Does it only increase when you evolve a character?

Ty about Yuri. I think she's worth investing into at my point, I'm only rank 34.

Yeah, evoing is the only thing. Leveling, Superbering, adding stats, STing, etc. won't add more costs. Actually not sure about the STing part but I'm certain the others don't affect it.

Also, event bosses (5*s that can be obtained for free) have higher player costs, if I remember correctly.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Super Training does not increase cost.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dang. Managed to get 3 5*s out of my multi pull and just got another lynbell, Sage, and Vermillion Bird. All I want is Serestia, bleh.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Good luck hunting for legendaries, crazy rerollers can spend a few days hoping for one. But yeah 3 5*s outta a single roll is impressive.

Still waiting on the S2 thunder/WW legend, got 4.4k crystals waiting to be burned.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Last day to grab the Lilith waifu skin before they start charging for it, if you've missed it its under shop>skins>Lilith.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Drakes posted:

Last day to grab the Lilith waifu skin before they start charging for it, if you've missed it its under shop>skins>Lilith.

If only you could buy the skin without having found the character yet...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I did.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Blade gets to be a part-time waitress in her new skin. I guess soccer just doesn't pay all the bills in Metro City.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Didn't see a Hercules EE and a stitched together rabbitgirl coming.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Elaine nerf.... not as horrible as MW's but still a bit annoying since she's my ACE...

Time to try out Jeunesse maybe :p

VVV: alright then, time to go mono-thunder.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 7, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

He also got a slight nerf, as his active now costs 1 bar instead of .5

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it worth special training 4 star cards? My Constance, who's the only dedicated shooter I have at all jut hit 40 and I'm not entirely sure if I should bite the bullet or not. Leveling up characters in this game is really annoying if you miss out on the penguin matches, but I'm a bit worried about spending crystals on matches since I'm not sure how worth it it is before I get a more solid team.

I'm also a bit confused on exactly how leveled should my team be for chapter 7 in story mode. I've gotten to the point where the enemy midline usually is a huge stonewall for me. Here's my current setup, updated a bit since my last post about my team. Been trying to read the guides on reddit while at work so it might answer some of my questions but just thought I'd post anyways. I guess I also am not sure exactly where I should take this team, should I be rushing a particular character to max and trying to evolve or special train or what. I tried putting a 2* passer in my lineup like I was suggested earlier but I'm probably just stupid because I usually couldn't find a great way to utilize them since they would always get the ball and then immediately get it stolen from them before they got a chance to act.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Am I the only one, that upon evolving a female player, immediately sets the skin to put their goddamn clothes back on?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Drakes posted:

You've got alright players if theres anything bad to say, its that you got William as your freebie legend :negative:.

Also vacancy in BadAtSoccer.
William isn't so bad. I waffle between him and Sharr.

Making the most out of him will come from team composition, though.
Besides the damage, William likes to swing in and smash faces. His reflexes aren't amazing, but he recovers a portion of the life he loses and works well with other players that can boost his action bar, reflexes and crit (I used Milky Way)

He might not make the biggest numbers, but he was very satisfying to play.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Iunnrais posted:

Am I the only one, that upon evolving a female player, immediately sets the skin to put their goddamn clothes back on?

I have Anael , Victoria and Lilith in my team, so I'm most definitely in the same club.

dra600n
May 2, 2014

So I kind of started last week, didn't like my level 30 legendary and then spent the better part of the weekend rerolling until I ended up starting with Lucid and got Metatron as my level 30 legendary. This is my current team and it struggles with decently leveled GKs, Colo stuff that has big team heals, and even other teams with similar team score in PVP. (The only other 5* I have is Jacob) There's a Ravian in my scout list. Should I get her? What else could I be doing?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is it worth special training 4 star cards? My Constance, who's the only dedicated shooter I have at all jut hit 40 and I'm not entirely sure if I should bite the bullet or not. Leveling up characters in this game is really annoying if you miss out on the penguin matches, but I'm a bit worried about spending crystals on matches since I'm not sure how worth it it is before I get a more solid team.

dra600n posted:

So I kind of started last week, didn't like my level 30 legendary and then spent the better part of the weekend rerolling until I ended up starting with Lucid and got Metatron as my level 30 legendary. This is my current team and it struggles with decently leveled GKs, Colo stuff that has big team heals, and even other teams with similar team score in PVP. (The only other 5* I have is Jacob) There's a Ravian in my scout list. Should I get her? What else could I be doing?

You both probably should spend some crystals increasing your storage space and start farming elemental matches, even if you only get low level ones you can fuse them together to make higher tier ones. Evolving doesn't reset the player level and brings a good boost to stats and a couple skills -- though be mindful as their cost does increase. Special Training is useful and eventually you kind of stop using 4* and lower players entirely (unless they're like Valkia or Eden), but afterwards you'll have to retrain them back up from level 1 again.

Ravian is extremely powerful right now, though tweaks to the PvE colo has made her less useful as goalie regen can negate her flat damage skill. PvP wise she's hated because she wins in three shots or so regardless of how high you pump your hp, she's probably the most unique striker in the current metagame. She appreciates reflex and speed over damage boosting skills, since she is designed to deal damage based on spamming multiple shots instead of carefully crafting one or two high-powered kill shots.

Constance isn't going to be as good as a 5 star in the long term, but there's no telling exactly when you're going to get a 5 star striker or even if they're going to be long-term worthy material, for every Hiro or Beatrice you could also wind up with a Latios or Kirin. Since you seem to be running green/dark with a preference towards dark, Ravian or Beatrice are some of the best options to look for. In the meantime though, Constance can do a decent job, though I'd not invest heavily into her unless you luck out and get her a few free superbs from dupes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iunnrais posted:

EE Ravian looks too cool to do that.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Its been awhile since someone ate a nerf like this, but yeah Elaine was really good probably the effectiveness of a non-metatron legendary. Herc could be a beast if he ruins 10% HP for everyline he pentrates, although they're likely to nerf HP reduction effects for PVP I'd wager. WW/Ardor EE should be coming up next, last three has been like thunder/dark/light? Then there were the Rasiel/BD EEs too.

No mention of new superb boss, maybe they'll cycle in Alice in.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

EE Ravian looks too cool to do that.

Man, I'd actually pay money to guarantee a Ravian. But the only packages they sell that look even slightly tempting are the $99 ones, and that's just stupid. Who is actually going to spend real money on this game when anything affordable is poo poo? I mean, buying extra 3* draws? Really? gently caress that.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah the packages are pretty bad and exist to reap in whales, the beginner packs and $5 monthly are the only things I've messed with.

As for finding Ravian, just hoard gold and go nuts hunting for a legendary. You'll pretty much find everything but the legendary :v:..

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The $5 pack seems like the only repeatable purchase worth buying. $100 for 2 guaranteed 5-6* cards or $100 for 15,000 total crystals and 550 cards (if you threw all of them into 10-draws)?

e: wow I math good

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 8, 2015

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Incidentally, I would need a new scout to do any worthwhile... scouting. The only scout I have makes swirlies and penguins appear more often. Are scouts other than the smoker dude just that rare? I've got half a dozen trainers, two sponsors, but only ever SEEN the one scout.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is Elliot worth 5*-ing? He fits great with my team but I don't want to waste the resources if it's not worth it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

Is Elliot worth 5*-ing? He fits great with my team but I don't want to waste the resources if it's not worth it.

Go ahead and ST Elliot if you want. His pass boosts are pretty high, though you have little control over who the ball goes to. Eventually you reach a point where you don't need 4*s anyway, and they're much easier to superb and can fill out less-vital roles until you can raise your Cost up. Worst case scenario is he sucks and you can use him to help special train a 5 star card.

I think Caron is pretty much one of the only scouters that you can easily get ahold of, Aaron is 4* and all the others are 5*, and unless you have six figures of GP the only one seriously worth buying is Marineco.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Drakes posted:

Its been awhile since someone ate a nerf like this, but yeah Elaine was really good probably the effectiveness of a non-metatron legendary. Herc could be a beast if he ruins 10% HP for everyline he pentrates, although they're likely to nerf HP reduction effects for PVP I'd wager. WW/Ardor EE should be coming up next, last three has been like thunder/dark/light? Then there were the Rasiel/BD EEs too.

No mention of new superb boss, maybe they'll cycle in Alice in.

Elaine allowed me to progress really fast through COD as she basically made Ravian's repeated shooting/steal shenanigans even crazier.... I'll miss her.

I managed to spend 9600 GP on new players while hunting for Metatron :v: All thunder, still have 8k gp left so who cares, since I never got more than 2 blue players until this week, it also filled up my book a bit and gave me crystals :D No metatron though, obviously.

Free box and 10+1 roll because Serestia obvious will be mine at this point:

- Raklet (free roll box)
- Hilde
- Veronica
- 6 4*

All dupes but I think the game is trying to tell me to shift to Thunder or something.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 8, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How are you guys mainly generating GP?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

Making it high in CoD, refreshing only when you can't go further. BP generating managers for more matches. Galaxy arena GP prizes, selling 3* (I keep 4* for ST fodder), the dailies and weeklies.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

VelociBacon posted:

For ST I focus on farming hard minion matches, they're usually alright unless its the angel minions, run CoD as much as you can and hope for champion matches those are like 17 GP if you avoid the elizabeth, then build up streaks in arena.

Try to set a popular ace to get some FP too, burn that FP for those occasional 3*s/littres/beels.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dang. Saved up for another multi pull and didn't even get a single 5*.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These days pulls are more for a desperate attempt at Metatron and a way of gathering 5*s I don't have so I can get links to get enough Dimension stones for a Metatron.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Thanks Ogre

Thogre.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is the free legendary season 1 player card for hitting rank 30 going away with the pre season thing ending? It's under normal achievements so I don't think so but mostly just curious if I need to grind out these last 3 ranks today to get it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is the free legendary season 1 player card for hitting rank 30 going away with the pre season thing ending? It's under normal achievements so I don't think so but mostly just curious if I need to grind out these last 3 ranks today to get it.

Nah, they refer to different types of season.

The game is currently in S2. S2 champs can't be scouted for GP, can't be bought with Dimension Stones, and are continuously being released.

Meanwhile, a pre-season is a period of 2 weeks before the beginning of a new season. A season is 6 weeks divided up by 2 weeks each. So the game operates by 2 seasons each, as you can tell by the seasonal achievement period. Each season generally features a new rival per week, while the pre-season will bring back one or two of the season's rivals so players can have an extra chance to earn 'em.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zadkiel just popped up on my latest scout. Her ability sound really good, is she worth the 1800GP? It'd pretty much bankrupt me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
No. The short list of managers worth getting are Lucy, Gerold, Marineco, and Perial. Getting free cards sounds nice until you see the kind of junk you get dealt 99% of the time.

• Locked thread