Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wouldn't new software and moving the forums off of Katrina-era hardware onto a cloud-hosted solution be a bit cheaper? I mean, if we're believing it costs thousands a month to run this place, then there has to be some costs that can be scaled down with as much bandwidth and computing power as there is available today.

I could also be full of poo poo because my job is just to take the engineers requirements and make sure they're fulfilled correctly.

I'd imagine there would be a large one time cost for the move and Lowtax doesn't think it is worth the cost since it isn't like it would lead to a whole bunch of new registrations. Though a couple more downtime incidents might change that calculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread