Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

JohnGalt posted:

Ban everyone. Take the windfall from reregs and liquidate all assets.

This is the only answer, the exact same thing I'd tell someone if they were running a business that was dying due to progress like a newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Guest2553 posted:

Have recurring Purge style events where all name/av changes are free, after the fact people will pay to get their old ones back. Also make it cost more each time you change it, but buying a new account will reset the cost.

I'm willing to guess that Helldump and LF were immensely profitable for the forums, except for Secret Service visits.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I wish there were numbers on average age of user by year. I signed up when I was 20 almost solely because it was an older, more mature base that had some wisdom to dispense. Now I'm in that position and I don't see this being repeated.

this apparently was around the time Youtube launched; if we had just become a video sharing service lowtax would be a major GOP financier or something

• Locked thread