Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
First, I'd outsource GBS to India as it's a case where Quantity > Quality actually works. Next, to cut our electrical expenses, we have tasked the good netizens of Science, Academics and Languages to develop a new source of energy for the servers. So far, our best bets are composting shitposts and using everyone who argues with Nintendo Kid as a triboelectric generator. To save on hosting costs, we'll rehost SA through the Private Game Servers subforum. If those servers could run pre-Microsoft Minecraft no problem, I'm sure it can handle whatever's left of Radium's code. Last but not least, we will sell organic honey harvested from our community's lucrative investment in beecocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
You know, there's probably some really great blackmail material in E/N. I bet it's worth a lot to the right buyer.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Leviathan Song posted:

That seems like a terrible idea. Wouldn't you just be leaving the forums that instigate the most bans? How would you figure out which forums are encouraging archives purchases? How do you know whether the high spenders are driven here by their posting behavior or their lurking behavior? Wouldn't that saved bandwidth just migrate to GBS? Is bandwith even a major cost driver?

If SA really does need money, monthly fees or more add-ons makes a lot more sense than trimming content.

Pretty sure it was just BFC corporate-speak for "delete FYAD and GBS."

I've changed my mind and now think that we should adopt a F2P gaming model on the forum. You can make five posts per day, with an additional post recharging every 6 hours. If you'd like to post more often, you can buy new posts using GrenadeCoins, the forum currency. You can either buy those GrenadePoints with cash, or win them in the weekly Helldump tournaments.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 29, 2015

• Locked thread