Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I hadn't heard of Trump's tax plan before. I am no economic wizard, or even apprentice, but these things stood out for me.

Trump's tax plan posted:

The Trump Tax Plan Ends The Unfair Death Tax
The death tax punishes families for achieving the American dream. Therefore, the Trump plan eliminates the death tax.
Hail Plutocracy! Also calling it the "death tax" as opposed to the "estate tax", also taxes = punishment? :lol:

"Trump's Toupee's tax plan. posted:

These lower rates will provide a tremendous stimulus for the economy – significant GDP growth, a huge number of new jobs and an increase in after-tax wages for workers.
Just like in Kansas!

Trump's tax plan posted:

...it is only fair that corporations help make that move fiscally responsible.
Because as we all know, corporations love nothing more than fairness.

Trump's tax plan posted:

...but the foreign tax credit will remain in place because no company should face double taxation.
The concept of double taxation has been used before to argue against the taxing of dividends. Like, at all. This seems like it might be legitimate, but I would guess it can only be handled on a case by case basis. Still, I don't like the use of that particular buzz word. Or buzz phrase. Or whatever.

Trump's tax "plan" posted:

We will also phase in a reasonable cap on the deductibility of business interest expenses.
Of course you will. And of course it will be 'reasonable', whatever the hell that even means.

This almost looks more like a propaganda piece than a tax plan. Also I'm pretty sure Romney floated something similar (drop rates, remove deductions, friendly to middle class, revenue neutral) which a number of people poured over the details and basically declared Romney's ideas to be mathematically impossible.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread