Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've been watching the Simpsons since day one. I now watch out of habit, like SNL, in hopes I'll get to see a great episode.

At this time, season 17 is the last one available as a DVD box set (a no-frills set of season 20 was issued to take advantage of the mid-season switch to HD). The rumor is that, due to decreasing sales and the rise of streaming services, they will not offer any future sets. It seems that they could go to MOD (Manufacture on Demand) for the hardcore fans who must have pristine copies.

I have bought several TV shows that way and have had no problems. The lack of extras like deleted scenes and commentaries is of no concern.

It's a little disappointing because I really want to hear the writers get increasingly defensive about the show in the commentaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bullshit.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also how is Marge's father a character that's never been on the show before? Seems perfect for jokes suited to the lazy writing of the last 15 years.

• Locked thread