Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Pretty much. I mean part of his lack of success is caused by bad luck, but a lot of Bob's failures in life are his own fault. He's a great chef because he's extremely proud of his work and he refuses to compromise his values, and he's a terrible business man because he's extremely proud of his work and he refuses to compromise his values. His greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

Yep. Like with the plaque, he refused it even though it would have probably brought people in, but Bob couldn't accept that people were coming because of some morbid story from the past rather than his food. He wants to succeed or fail on his own.

JD posted:

When I grill a burger at home, I always eat them with baked beans.

On topic, this episode was super good. Bob playing along was excellent.

I've been trying to find baked beans to make. I just failed at working at a healthy fast food place (it was too face paced and I would panic and make mistakes, or I was too slow and avoided mistakes) that had excellent baked beans that it got out of the bag. I've been trying to find something akin to that but all the grocery stores near me just have raw beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

twistedmentat posted:

I've been trying to find baked beans to make. I just failed at working at a healthy fast food place (it was too face paced and I would panic and make mistakes, or I was too slow and avoided mistakes) that had excellent baked beans that it got out of the bag. I've been trying to find something akin to that but all the grocery stores near me just have raw beans.

Dude, you can turn raw beans into baked beans

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Still going through old episodes, man the first one was so different but so good.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

ChesterJT posted:

Still going through old episodes, man the first one was so different but so good.

There was kind of an improv vibe to it, right? Every now and then one of the kids would tell a quick joke and Bob or someone would chuckle. I heard they still do that but I think it's much more scripted now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I have now watched this too many times.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gorilla Salad posted:

I have now watched this too many times.

It's just perfect. I watch it every time someone quotes it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

boom boom boom posted:

Dude, you can turn raw beans into baked beans

Yea, but those recipes take forever.

My biggest problem early on with BB is that the first handful of shows were about is the "Restaurant going to close!???" plot, which is so cliche it was actually unfun to watch. At least that was broadcast order, i'm sure production order didn't have that.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Actually, the first episodes were all really funny and enjoyable to watch.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

sector_corrector posted:

Wagstaff isn't the sort of town that can support Bob's gourmet aspirations

pretty sure the town's not called Wagstaff, right? That's the school, but they've never actually said the name of the town afaik.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
:siren:100th episode and season finale alert!:siren:
Secret Admiral-ier
While volunteering at a nursing home to get a Thunder Girls badge, Tina's ideas of romance and love are tested; Bob finds new friends who influence him to make odd choices.
Glued, Where's My Bob?
The kids are involved in a sticky prank war on the same day a journalist is visiting the restaurant to write a profile, causing the whole town to get involved.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are they airing both today?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Looks like it. 19 is a weird number to end a season on but that's probably because it's the 100th one.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

MrSlam posted:

Looks like it. 19 is a weird number to end a season on but that's probably because it's the 100th one.

My guess is all the preempting that happened. What are the times for this?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

smashpro1 posted:

Bob finds new friends who influence him to make odd choices.[/i]
This is gonna be good, the last time it happened he met Marshmellow and pulled down the pants of the night.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"You're supposed to hold my hand when we cross the street!" "Oh my God, a street!" "YAAAY!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Joel will never be able to pull those off!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Another musical Finale? Yes please.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Goddamn, this musical number is amazing!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

StalkofWheat posted:

Goddamn, this musical number is amazing!

I really like Louise being in somewhat denial that this whole thing is her fault.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

TOILET BOB

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
"I'm a notary if that helps"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That was heartwarming, good 100th episode and season finale.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Great finale, nice to see something good finally happen for Bob.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

TOILET BOB! TOILET BOB!

That was really good! That could've been the series finale quality-wise.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That was phenomenal.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Bob finally got another win in the most Belcher way possible

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Aww, the Bob & Louise emotional stuff always makes me tear up. Her admitting that Bob makes really good burgers got me like when she accidentally let it slip that she sees herself taking over the restaurant at some point.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 23, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

We're all glued to a toilet called Eaaaaaaaaaaarth!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
"He doesn't expect privacy on the toilet anymore. We've broken him."

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That song was catchy AF.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Episodes that heavily involve Bob and Louise are some of my favorite ones. This last one, Hawk and Chick, and the museum episode are all great. I wish they'd do more of them... it's always nice to see Louise's cynicism melt away.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Episodes that heavily involve Bob and Louise are some of my favorite ones. This last one, Hawk and Chick, and the museum episode are all great. I wish they'd do more of them... it's always nice to see Louise's cynicism melt away.

Oh totally. Tina may be the show's MVP, but Bob and Louise's relationship is magic.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I got a little misty eyed over Louise and Bob

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh totally. Tina may be the show's MVP, but Bob and Louise's relationship is magic.

I think what makes it work really well, is that normally when shows do the, "Aww the really do love each other episodes," they tend go all sappy and sentimental. But on Bob's Burgers, Louise is willing to let her guard down for a moment and admit she admires her dad. Just don't quote her on that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Y-Hat posted:

They are always great, because they feel like genuine moments on a ridiculous animated comedy. I don't wish they'd do more of them because I don't want it to get played out at become old hat.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I actually wish they'd use Gene more. He's the least developed character out of the family, and episodes that focus on him are usually great.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Dental drat!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Why the hell can't you buy little plastic Bob people? All the ones I can find are horrible 'stylised' things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I actually wish they'd use Gene more. He's the least developed character out of the family, and episodes that focus on him are usually great.
Gene is just Eugene Mirman as a cartoon 11-year-old. There's not much to develop from that.

• Locked thread