Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"Am I an unsalted pretzel?"

"I could eat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I couldn't stop laughing at Jordan trying to eat Tina's face. Also Teddy getting confused at Bob and Linda's contradictory reversing instructions, then freaking out and driving off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That has to be one of my favorite episodes yet. Everything was so on point.

victorious posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at Jordan trying to eat Tina's face. Also Teddy getting confused at Bob and Linda's contradictory reversing instructions, then freaking out and driving off.

That was such a great visual joke.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There were so many great one-liners and pieces of character dialog here. Like Jimmy Jr. and Tina talking about Ghost Boy in the boys' bathroom.

text editor posted:

was that nathan fielder again

edit: yes
I thought it was Demetri Martin until I heard the Canadian lilt in Jordan's "tomorrow."

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 12, 2015

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Looks like next week they are at 9PM

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm suspicious that Fox would put 3 shows that I actually enjoy, and want to watch in a row on their lineup.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'd like to say that I thought land ship was actually pretty cool.

Of course, they could have achieved the same things with a few long poles and lanterns.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Because I am literally too lazy to Google, does anyone know if the landship thing and drawing the British into the rocks was a real thing that happened?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Sooo Eugene Mirman has either gone nuts or turned into real-life Gene Belcher.

quote:

Eugene Mirman’s I’m Sorry (You’re Welcome) is a 9-volume, 7-LP comedy album that will be available worldwide on October 30th from Sub Pop.

I’m Sorry (You’re Welcome) is the culmination of a long-time dream of Eugene’s. It includes a vast array of sounds that can be described as varyingly poignant, erotic, practical, romantic, mind-altering, educational, and humorous. Need to learn Russian? Eugene provides. Meditation sounds? Eugene provides. The sound of a grown man crying? Eugene provides. Oh, also, this release contains a full set of live standup recorded at Columbia City Theater in Seattle, WA June 6, 7, & 8, 2014.

I’m Sorry (You’re Welcome) contents include:

LP1 - Live In Seattle At The Columbia City Theater
Good-humored noticings from America’s “Master of the Noticing!”

LP 2A - A Guided Meditation For The Thoughtful Body
A calming meditation to cheer and sooth the cluttered mind, the injured heart and the anxious body

LP 2B - Fuckscape
An erotic soundscape for lovebirds and adventurous friends

LP 3 - Eugene’s Comprehensive Sound Effects Library
Tremendous, mouth-made sound effects for amateur and professional foley artists alike

LP 4 - Digital Drugs
A binaural acoustic pharmacy for the carefree or ill

LP 5 - Over 45 Minutes of Crying
A full-hearted 45-minute cry-a-thon

LP 6A - Introduction To Spoken Russian
The language of Pushkin as taught by someone who left Russia at the age of 4

LP 6B - Ringtones & Outgoing Voicemail Messages For Your Personal Use
Turn every phone call you miss or receive into a thousand-million smiles

LP7 - 195 Orgasms
Sorry.

I’m Sorry (You’re Welcome) will be available digitally, or as a lavish, 7-LP box set from Sub Pop Mega Mart. Additionally, limited-edition embroidered robes and an armchair with embedded audio players, will also be available to purchase from megamart.subpop.com (while supplies last).
http://www.eugenemirman.com/news/im-sorry-youre-welcome

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Because I am literally too lazy to Google, does anyone know if the landship thing and drawing the British into the rocks was a real thing that happened?

Back in the day there were people in England who actually went out on the cliffs, slowly swinging a light back and forth, hoping a ship would think it was another ship. And after the ship wrecked itself on the coastline they would steal its cargo. It was actually a crime punishable by death to rock a lamp back and forth at the coastline if I remember correctly from that bbc doc I once saw. Wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened in the us at some point.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

quote:

limited-edition embroidered robes and an armchair with embedded audio players

I just want to see one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Illinois Smith posted:

He's always been nuts. That's not an insult, just a fact.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

mrfart posted:

Back in the day there were people in England who actually went out on the cliffs, slowly swinging a light back and forth, hoping a ship would think it was another ship. And after the ship wrecked itself on the coastline they would steal its cargo. It was actually a crime punishable by death to rock a lamp back and forth at the coastline if I remember correctly from that bbc doc I once saw. Wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened in the us at some point.

Not to say that it didn't ever happen but it wasnt really a thing, actually. Mariners would typically interpret lights as being lighthouses and so would try to avoid them.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Eugene Mirman is like Rodney Dangerfield's filthier progeny.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

It's easier to appreciate Gene when you realize he's just a cartoon version of Eugene Mirman.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I saw him in Atlanta once, a large part of his act was using a theramin to simulate whale sex.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Tonight's episode is airing at 9/8 Central.
Hauntening
When Louise states that she has never felt scared, the family goes to a haunted house to try to change that, but end up in a more terrifying situation than predicted.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Last Mouse on the Left

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Blood Bath and Beyond should be a real store. They could sell SFX props.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
His smell is horrifying!

Edit: New Boys4Now!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Let's see if Towme, Towme, Towme's still in business.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's probably just a murderer.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

It's Teddy! From your dads restaurant!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yes yes YES!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The music video was a nice touch.

It's like a reverse Thriller!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

That credits sequence is second only to the balloon fight one as my fave now.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Seeing Bob get more and more into things little by little until he's the wildest one partying is my favorite thing about this show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The song's already in my head now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Illinois Smith posted:

Oh god it's available in bathrobe and chair (chair sold out).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
it's ghost pee!

Is this going to hurt my grass?
No mom, it's non burning fire.

Ah, another one hit out of the park.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god it's available in bathrobe and chair (chair sold out).

That rear end in a top hat, I've been asking to see what the chair looked like before pre-ordering.

The episode was great. The amount of effort everyone went to scare Louise was impressive.

Pootybutt posted:

Seeing Bob get more and more into things little by little until he's the wildest one partying is my favorite thing about this show.

Party Bob is fun Bob, second only to Drunk/Loopy Bob.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

The song's already in my head now.
For me, it's since been replaced by other music, but there was a good half hour where it was stuck there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't had a song stuck in my head from an animated show since American Dad's Boys 12.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This season has 3 out of 3 great episode streak so far. It's again my favorite animated show this year.

Even though the twist was kind of obvious, I laughed so hard when Louise started screaming left and right, and they did those camera transitions and Gene took a picture of her.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Genes expression and dancing during the credits required at least 2 rewinds. Amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My teeth are pointy, my body's extra hairy...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This has probably been done in a better way before but just in case here is a crappy gif I made

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Another great episode. I love how so many episodes of Bob's Burgers are some sort of fun adventure and the organic humor that derives from that. I know that goes without saying, but it reminds of of 90's Simpsons, where you actually got invested in the story instead of just sitting through it for the jokes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Cage posted:

This has probably been done in a better way before but just in case here is a crappy gif I made

I vaguely remember making someone an av of this when it aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Illinois Smith posted:

I vaguely remember making someone an av of this when it aired.

Yeah, I definitely remember someone having an av of that for a while. I forget who and I haven't seen the av in a while so I assume that person either stopped posting or got a new av.

• Locked thread