Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scoring on cloak and dagger is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was only able to play one match of Bounty and it seems fun. Hopefully this weekend we can organize a squad.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I haven;t gotten into a match yet, keep getting booted from the session. I assume the servers are being blitzed right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah I haven;t gotten into a match yet, keep getting booted from the session. I assume the servers are being blitzed right now

I actually had zero problem at all once I realized the reason my download speed was so low was that I accidentally had utorrent open on my PC.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

piracy is illegal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was downloading a car.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cloak and Dagger on the omega map is some god. drat. win.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've enjoyed what I've played so far. TheRedSuit on PSN if anyone cares

Edit: I'd like to see more game modes but the three they have all different enough to be pretty fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one thing j didn't see in my one game was a clear way to exit MGO and go back to single player except to kill the whole game

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've been playing for the past 6 hours and screaming and hollering at my tv about r-tards not shooting fulton balloons.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"This guy has a 10+ bounty, but shooting at this person halfway across the map is more important than stopping him from getting fultoned." :downs:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

The one thing j didn't see in my one game was a clear way to exit MGO and go back to single player except to kill the whole game

if you're on ps4, hold down the left part of the pad. also I finally got to play just had to quit and restart and MGO owns. the cloak and dagger mode is super fun and I feel super sneaky when i play it

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh I've been getting a disconnected from the session error for like 40 minutes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

From the 5 minutes of this I've watched it looks exactly as Meh as I expected.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It'll probably become a lot more interesting when people start utilizing the different classes more. I'm enjoying it a lot so far though, mostly because I've been waiting for a decent new third person shooter for ages.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

From the 5 minutes of this I've watched it looks exactly as Meh as I expected.

I played about an hour today and it felt very generic. No one is a very high level yet sommaybe that will mix things up. Also really disappointed that Black Site is only a fraction of Camp Omega with a bunch of crates thrown everywhere

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

I played about an hour today and it felt very generic. No one is a very high level yet sommaybe that will mix things up. Also really disappointed that Black Site is only a fraction of Camp Omega with a bunch of crates thrown everywhere

The fact that that has to occur first is part of why this will be assy, in my view.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The coolest thing seems to be you can pick from all the previous games musics.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Xp in multiplayer shooters is retarded and it's painful they felt they had to do it here. I think all their Sweet micro dough is coming from cosmetic gear anyway so idk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It pissed me off that you can't change classes and you can't try any of them without being locked into it for at least 6 levels which is loving retarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the Bounty thing is a nice take on deathmatch but it's a shame that it has to be in what looks like a sloppy, probably campy CoD style thing. Trying to have exciting third person shooter regenerating health multiplayer seems like such a farce to me especially if they don't give you any reason to control different parts of the map at different periods of time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By sloppy I mean it probably still controls like MGS5 which is nice but not great and it looks like playing GTA multiplayer where you can shoot 5 feet behind people and they die but it takes the game a second to actually show them dying so they slowly start sliding on the ground and it doesn't look like there's much feedback on hitting people and all the CQC looks a lot like you'd expect a game that already has those other problems would be. I'll probably try it but it looks like something I'll have to be reminded when it comes out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doubly a shame because all the info it gives you when you die and a bunch of other little stuff looks neat. A game where shooting doesn't look like it feels that great having a heatmap of a hitbox and where your bullets landed on it is almost a cruel joke...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I picked scout

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I picked enforcer

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

infiltrator is good. tranquing snipers is very fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cloak and Dagger looks kinda cool but again... too bad.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm having fun with MGO and am confident that they will add new content that will only up the entertainment value.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm also glad that there's a Martyrdom perk and that increased grenade damage is part of it.

E: Also, it is ONLY Snake and Ocelot as unique characters, but the language used on loading screens, tooltips, and the unique perk system makes me think that more will be patched in.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 7, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Include the tag as well, please.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

E: Also, it is ONLY Snake and Ocelot as unique characters, but the language used on loading screens, tooltips, and the unique perk system makes me think that more will be patched in.

What language is that?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
On the loading screen it talks about, "Unique characters, such as Snake or Ocelot." Which I think implies that they'll add more, but with Konami waffling on game development I can't know for sure. I'm just holding out hope they keep updating MGO.

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's insane that skullface isn't playable. he has that unique gun in single player and everything

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If I understand correctly, MGO2 released with only Snake as a special playable character, and then had three expansions, each one adding two new characters. So maybe theres cool stuff down the line.. Idk. I certainly didnt expect them to add new weapon ranks, UI changes, or dlc costumes to the base game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQj0ihkjtg the period in a multiplayer game's launch where everyone's still learning how the mechanics work ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wish the picking a loadout screen gave you like 5 more seconds

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku posted:

if this is even 1/10th as good as MGS3: Online. or even MGS4: Online, then it will be one of the best MP games of all time
Lol this post makes no sense if you think about it logically. Just sayin.

• Locked thread