Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hmm. At least I have the half sized robotic arm that I haven't taken out of the box and probably never will, along with the making of bluray that's up on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything but how do i get it :P

It's on the MGSV PSN store page under DLC.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's on the MGSV PSN store page under DLC.

You're great...!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

You're great...!

It confused me too at first- I'm glad they got around it in a way that benefits everyone. KojiPro LA FTW

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything but how do i get it :P

PSN store -> Add ons -> MGSV

edit: gently caress; beaten

edit; quote =/ edit

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i really like multiplayer especially cloak and dagger its a thrill to try stealth techniques i used on AI in singleplayer on live targets. i dont even bother running and gunning

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So how does this compare to MGO2? Loved that little add on for MGS4, and I'm wondering how the next iteration is. I google searched some reviews, and was lead to a GameFAQs board that was full of people pissing and moaning about how they just want their MGO2 back because it was developed by the Japanese.

While I loved MGO2, I'm expecting this to be completely different. And as long as it's fun, I couldn't care less. Just curious for what I'm in store for when I pick this up next week.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I got my PS3 a few months after they took MGO2 offline... My only experience with it is playing five minutes of Team Sneak at a friend's house back in high school.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was pretty cool. Team Sneak, and just the plain Sneaking missions where two teams would be in a standard Deathmatch, while one person played as Snake with his Octocamo and had to run around trying to collect dogtags from players. Also, if enough people, someone would play the entire round as the Mark II, and you could stun people with an electric whip.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

MGO2 had an expansion named The MEME Expansion, which is some pretty serious win.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i played MGO2 almost until it was shut down and i like this one more

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The only change I'd make so far: Get rid of that honking noise in Amber Station.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The REX helmet makes you a more obvious target, it reveals where you are more easily while you're in cover, and it makes it really hard to aim in third person view, but I love it anyways because of how cool it looks on a armored Enforcer.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cloak and Dagger is extremely fun as both the attackers and the defenders which is more than I can say about almost every asymmetrical shooter in the last 10 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm at 93% in SP and might start playing this once I finish all the mission objectives tomorrow.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I don't see the DLC stuff in the add-ons page, it just gives me the MGO data and MB coins packages :(

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I don't see the DLC stuff in the add-ons page, it just gives me the MGO data and MB coins packages :(

Turn the PS4 off and turn it back on.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im kind of poo poo at mgo even though im rank 250 in the world for FOB missions in the reguklar game lol. wtf

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

im kind of poo poo at mgo even though im rank 250 in the world for FOB missions in the reguklar game lol. wtf

no man can be all things to all people

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well ... i just captured my first disk .... so things are looking up. guess i just need to learn the maps

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the cloak and dagger mode is great. its too bad that most groups I end up with just run right in as the cloaked squad. I think generally the playerbase hasn't learned the value of marking enemies yet.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Love that feeling of tossing an enemy locator and seeing three or more dudes behind cover/cloaked get lit up

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'd kind of like if they made sensor grenades Scout only. Infiltrators aren't too OP or anything but there aren't really any advantages to picking a Scout until many levels in except faster marking I guess.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

It's totally different from FOB stuff different skill set and you can't take your time either

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Infiltrators probably are a little OP right now. They basically get every good weapon and piece of equipment except for the NVGs, and 9/10 times the Scouts I've played with are utterly useless at marking and just camp out in bushes and go 3/1 every round. Enforcers are fun but they really don't do anything that the other classes don't do just as well, aside from taking a few extra bullets to the chest. The sensors definitely seem more like a Scout tool, but oh well. It's mostly not a big deal unless your team is just terrible at using sensors / marking / glancing around once in a while. I am pretty consistently amazed by how many people can miss an enemy CQC slamming and Fultoning a teammate right next to / behind them, though.

Also the weapon emplacements are fun as hell in MGO if the other team doesn't know to respond to them. I can't count the number of giant killstreaks I've gone on with the AA guns and mortars. I had a mortar shell wipe out the entire enemy team 30 seconds after spawning and then the host quit. :(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

It's totally different from FOB stuff different skill set and you can't take your time either

im learning pretty quick now that i know the maps roughly :D

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

theres really no reason to not play as an infiltrator, it is metal gear after all

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i played like 2 games of this and its fun. i am going to rpogress in the main game before i play more

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

ill make sure to keep everyone updated

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

I'll make sure to keep reading intently.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

thansk

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
keep updating...I'm reloading

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

a Loving Dog posted:

i played like 2 games of this and its fun. i am going to rpogress in the main game before i play more

hell yeah.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Thank you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just got the smg for my enforcer and i like him a lot better now than before.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope a future update lets you bring your party into free play mode.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The XP Boost is up in the PSN store now btw.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope a future update lets you bring your party into free play mode.

i reall bope they implement host migration, it sucks to find a good team of randoms only to have them dissapear after the host leaves

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Whoa the XP boost lasts 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cloak and dagger seems fun but in the 1 game I played I was awful.

• Locked thread