Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Cloak and dagger seems fun but in the 1 game I played I was awful.

so was i . u gotta learn the maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It also helps if you just hide out for a while so that the people who run out and get killed don't gently caress your stealth camo up.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
It's fun but it's not as good as splatoon, the only other console online shooter game I've regularly played

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cloak and dagger gets a lot better at higher level with better non lethal equipment.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm enjoying Comm Control a lot more than I did initially.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like cloak + dagger adn even bounty hunter a little bit but i dont like comm control at all. u just cant be stealthy in it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I really like cloak and dagger it's super tense as either side. I'm surprised you don't like comm control, some of my sneakiest moments have come from it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i like cloak + dagger adn even bounty hunter a little bit but i dont like comm control at all. u just cant be stealthy in it

untrue... my best stealthy moments were in comm control.. both in point defence and in sneaking up behind someone manning the turret and taking them out before they ntoice me and then gunning down the entire rest of their team

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cloak and dagger >> comm control >>>>>>>>> bounty hunter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bounty hunter is nothing but people in d walkers and 5 guys in stealth camo trying to CQC him, from what I've seen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

It's fun but it's not as good as splatoon, the only other console online shooter game I've regularly played

Yeah. Splatoon is also better than Goldeneye 64, the previous last console shooter I've regularly played

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I thought automatch searched for lobbies of people around the same level as your highest level guy, but it actually matches you with/against people at the level of the character you join the game in... Which means if you select a level 1 character in freeplay you can join a lobby of really low level people and switch to your high level/equipment guy to stomp n00behs.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I discovered this when I created a scout and joined a game where no one was above level 4, except one level 31 guy on the other team going 22-0.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Finally unlocked the beret.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Whoa

[Auto-matching]
- You will now be matched with players of similar level to your highest character level.
- It is now less likely to join a host with poor network connection.

[Mission Adjustments]
- The game will now end once all teammates are stunned or tranquilized in CLOAK AND DAGGER.

[Loadout/Equipment Adjustments]
- The "E.LOCATOR" will now only available for the Scout class.
- Machines guns and launchers will now only be available for the Enforcer class.
- Shotguns will now only available for the Infiltrator class.
* As a result of these changes, custom loadouts will be initialized during the maintenance period following the update patch.

[Character Ability Adjustments]
- Overall movement speed will be increased.
- Mobility has been re-balanced to allow faster travelling between objectives.
- Infiltrators will have health and stamina decreased.
- Enforcers will have health and stamina increased.
- Scouts will have health increased.
- Scouts will be able to mark targets more quickly while using binoculars.

[Weapon Adjustments]
- Firing sway for Machine Guns will be reduced.
- Weapon sway will be reduced overall when aiming in first-person view.
- Damage inflicted by the Walker Gear's Gatling gun will be reduced.
- Walker Gears and Anti-Aircraft will now take more damage from certain weapons.
- Weapon damage of certain weapons are being adjusted for better balance.
- Damage value on the ISANDO RGL-220" will be significantly reduced.
- Reduced ammo count on "ISANDO RGL-220" .

- Max carry for "E.LOCATOR,""STUN GRENADE," and "SLEEP GRENADE" will be reduced.
- The throwing arch of the Empty Magazine will be invisible to enemies.
- The noise radius made by Empty Magazines when they land will be expanded.

[Item Adjustments]
- Max carry amount of "C.BOX" will be increased.

[Stealth Camo (STEALTH CAMO.PP) adjustments while using the STEALTH CAMO+ Ability]
- Stealth camo will be temporarily disabled when taking damage.
- Battery life will be reduced, and battery will take longer to charge.
- Marking time for cloaked players will be reduced.
- Cloaked players detected with NVG will be marked in standard marking time.

[CQC Adjustments]
- Range for CQC grabs will be narrowed.
- Icon for CQC grabs will no longer be displayed.
- Non-lethal damage done by CQC hits and grabs will be reduced.
- 1-hit CQC knock-outs will become exclusive to Infiltrators with "CQC STEALTH+" Lv.2 or higher.

[Fulton Adjustments]
- Fulton speed when using "FULTON+" Lv.2 or greater will be slowed.
- When a player fultons an enemy, the fulton balloon and the enemy will be invincible to other teammates.

[Buddy System Adjustments]
- Time required to establish a buddy link using the link action will be shortened.
- Link action will succeed regardless of the direction your character is facing, as long as you are in range.
- The buddy gauge will now clear at the beginning of each round.

[Other Adjustments]
- Search filters in "SELECT MATCH" will be now saved.
- Countdown time on the Spawn screen has been extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

The highlighted ones are what I'm looking forward to most, especially that last one. Sooo tired of teammates in Bounty Hunter shooting guys while they were being extracted.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I should probably focus on ascending my Infiltrator before the patch hits because they're going to get curb stomped rofl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow that's a lot of cool changes. I like the Removed CQC Icon because I remember knocking out completely invisible enemies by accident because I was close enough to them that the icon popped up

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scout buffs ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also you didn't highlight by far the most important changes which are the CQC icon being removed and now only infiltrators with a certain skill can do the CQC slam

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

- When a player fultons an enemy, the fulton balloon and the enemy will be invincible to other teammates.

Lol.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Teammate 1-5: Oh no, a big balloon... and even worse, it's our team's colour! We should all leave cover and shoot at it
Teammate 6: The rest of the boys will probably get a kick out of my roommate playing rock band drums on our apartment's second ps4 - a real morale boost - so I'll leave my headset mic next to him as I mash the dive button

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

no they will not posted:

Teammate 1-5: Oh no, a big balloon... and even worse, it's our team's colour! We should all leave cover and shoot at it
Teammate 6: The rest of the boys will probably get a kick out of my roommate playing rock band drums on our apartment's second ps4 - a real morale boost - so I'll leave my headset mic next to him as I mash the dive button

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm really happy that Konami is supporting both MGSV and MGO3 post-release, and that most of the changes seem to be for the better.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

no they will not posted:

hahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Well, Konami just shut down the LA studio and fired everyone there. RIP MGO3 I guess.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Welp, looks like Karl isn't the only one who is in dire need of a good rear end raping.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well, Konami just shut down the LA studio and fired everyone there. RIP MGO3 I guess.

RIP.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Hopefuly us PC gamers will still get Metal ear Online 3.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

Hopefuly us PC gamers will still get Metal ear Online 3.

I hope you do too... It's just good clean fun.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ffs Konami

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

Ffs Konami

im starting to think that they don't even give a crap at all.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Multiple sources reporting work on MGO was moved to the Japanese studio the day after the console release. Apparently the team still working on the single player & FOBs is in charge of this too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

No.

• Locked thread