Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kheldarn posted:

FFTPatcher lists them as being immune to Invite, Blood Suck, Float, and Transparent, so Sleep should work.

Warlock is listed as being Immune to Innocent, so I don't think Doubt Faith would work on him...

Innocent as in the temporary status effect. AFAIK permanent brave and faith changing effects affect any unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kheldarn posted:

Warlock is listed as being Immune to Innocent, so I don't think Doubt Faith would work on him...

Yeah, I meant the Mediator move that lowers Faith by 20, in case I got the name wrong. Solution, maybe? It's been a while. At any rate, those moves work on everyone. Not everything is vulnerable to Chicken status from <10 Brave from Threaten, for example, but everything can be brought down to 1 Brave.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Update 02

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Update 03

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Ouch, that execution site... but at least you got his stuff in the end!

Good show with Queklain. Using Throw Stone to kill him is kind of funny.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm wondering, how would a feasible (and reasonable) All-Calculator run work? I can't commit due to school stuff, but the idea and basic groundwork struck me today.

I was thinking something like:

-You may ONLY use Calculators in story battles, but are free to grind up magic from other Jobs off-screen (maybe even hack in some basic magic to start with for the first couple of fully-controlled battles?)

-You unlock all of the Arithmetic parameters from the start. Consequently...

-You may only cast magic through Arithmetic.

And to keep it from being spamming Holy on everything near the end...

-Limit yourself to one school of magic per story battle, and try to keep from using the same school twice in a row (obviously exempting the latter bit if you've hit a roadblock).

Does that sound reasonable, or still overpowered/needlessly burdensome for the person playing?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Even with some restrictions, anything allowing use of THE MATHS is probably going to be fairly cake given it's free and lets you drop instant damage and/or ailments anywhere you like - especially if you also unlock their full skillset from the beginning.

On the other hand, if you think you can have fun with it, why not give it a shot? The more the merrier, and you don't have to finish it if it turns out not-fun.

On a completely different note: ninjas can all go to hell. To hell, I say.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like fun. I look forward to seeing it through to its conclusion.

In about 4 years.

Because Calculators are slow.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Regalingualius posted:

I'm wondering, how would a feasible (and reasonable) All-Calculator run work? I can't commit due to school stuff, but the idea and basic groundwork struck me today.

Maybe if you can't cast the same spell twice in a battle, this could be reasonably difficult. But even then, they're so crazy good.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Calculators are slow.

But how many turns will they actually need to take?

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

One of the challenge variants of FFT is called the "Straight Character Challenge" (it's.... not well-named) which requires everyone in your party to use the same job class through the entire game. No secondary abilities, and reaction/support/move have to be from that class. I read through some GameFAQs walkthroughs for them, and each class was reasonably doable, with the sole exception of Calculator.

A "true" Calculator-only challenge would disqualify you from using Math Skill at all because it relies on abilities learned from other classes. Though some would consider that if you didn't learn any spells naturally, and just farmed them all from crystals, then you'd be allowed to use Math Skill. Otherwise, you're stuck using the Damage Split reaction ability and rods (or dictionaries :cripes:) to deal your damage. It's not quite impossible but might as well be. I wouldn't recommend doing those challenges as-is but maybe there's something you can incorporate into your own challenge idea.

Speaking of which, it seems a bit overpowered, especially with being able to grind out other abilities at will between story battles. I like the idea of not using the same spell twice in a battle, though. That could balance everything out. It requires you to get creative with spell choices, positioning, damage split use, etc. since you can't do HeightPrimeNumberHoly or CT5Cure3 every round.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Wait, SCC doesn't stand for Single Class Challenge? :psyduck:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unreal_One posted:

Wait, SCC doesn't stand for Single Class Challenge? :psyduck:

gamefaqs.txt

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

gamefaqs.txt

That about sums it up, yes. It's been years since I looked at the communities surrounding FFT challenge runs but that name is what was prevalent back then.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
My super-into-FFT friends who do this kind of stuff all the time always called them Single Class Challenges.

I imagine there might be some variety in what people know them as, but I have literally never heard of anyone calling them "Straight Character" Challenges.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I don't know how much of a community there was outside of GameFAQs for this stuff, but yeah, on GameFAQs back in the day it was definitely Straight Character Challenge.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Unreal_One posted:

Maybe if you can't cast the same spell twice in a battle, this could be reasonably difficult. But even then, they're so crazy good.

This... Actually sounds far more reasonable than "only cast from one school", even if it's kind of limiting for the early-game.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Sounds like fun. I look forward to seeing it through to its conclusion.

In about 4 years.

Because Calculators are slow.

It'd be even slower to start, considering I've still got a few major projects to be working on. :v: Honestly, I was more throwing the idea up here for the hell of it; it's been ages since I last did a complete playthrough.

And I'd imagine the Wiegraf/Elmdore battles will be a special kind of hell with Calculators' low speed stat.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
And All Calculator run is a sufficient challenge in itself because their base speed is so slow to counterbalance the whole 'ending every battle in one spell' potential.

They'd be getting double-turned by Gafgarion and Wiegraf, to point out the major stumbling blocks in all FFT games. Riovanes Roof might even be more of an RNG clusterfuck for that too :psyduck:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Update 04

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Throwing the book at Zalmo made me think that's what happened in OFS one. But he threw an axe instead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Throwing the book at Zalmo made me think that's what happened in OFS one. But he threw an axe instead.

It is, and he did. It also generated fan art where he accidently threw the Germonik Scriptures at Zalmo.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

It is, and he did. It also generated fan art where he accidently threw the Germonik Scriptures at Zalmo.

Ah yes, that's what I was thinking of.

Also nice tribute to punching the gently caress out of Wiegraf too

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Ah yes, that's what I was thinking of.

Also nice tribute to punching the gently caress out of Wiegraf too

That was unexpected, actually. I expected him to block or something, but nope.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Velius voiced by Robin Williams? It's just crazy enough to work...

Also, I'm 99% sure you can't use Alma in random battles, either. You can never use Guests in random battles, and only in the story battles they deign to join you in. The game is so tight-fisted with them I'm surprised they even let you touch their equipment and abilities (hi Gaf!).

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

Schwartzcough posted:

You can never use Guests in random battles, and only in the story battles they deign to join you in.

You can hack the game to change into special Job classes. No idea why you'd have anyone become Delita's Little Sis, but...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dotchan posted:

You can hack the game to change into special Job classes. No idea why you'd have anyone become Delita's Little Sis, but...

Novelty. Delita's Sis has Magic as her Job Command, and it contains Cure and Wish. However, she doesn't have any Battle Sprites, so she wouldn't really work anyway.

Edit: Maybe I'll just do Queklain, Velius, & Co....

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 31, 2015

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Novelty. Delita's Sis has Magic as her Job Command, and it contains Cure and Wish. However, she doesn't have any Battle Sprites, so she wouldn't really work anyway.

She also starts the battle dead and can never be revived.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

dotchan posted:

With enough gameshark codes you can have her get up and shuffle around in a horrifying mass of graphics errors, but at the end of each turn she collapses again.

Kheldarn posted:

Edit: Maybe I'll just do Queklain, Velius, & Co....

Using the Zodiac monsters in battle is an interesting challenge. They all have the ??? status when you face them as bosses, which multiplies their HP/MP by 10, I believe. But that means when they're on your team they have ridiculously low stats, and obviously they can't equip any armor to beef them up. So they have access to all sorts of crazy abilities, but they die to a stiff breeze.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dotchan posted:

Well, if I'm going to add her to my party, I have to edit her in. I can easily remove it, so that's a non-issue.

Schwartzcough posted:

With enough gameshark codes you can have her get up and shuffle around in a horrifying mass of graphics errors, but at the end of each turn she collapses again.

FFTEdit will allow me to remove that flag.

Schwartzcough posted:

Using the Zodiac monsters in battle is an interesting challenge. They all have the ??? status when you face them as bosses, which multiplies their HP/MP by 10, I believe. But that means when they're on your team they have ridiculously low stats, and obviously they can't equip any armor to beef them up. So they have access to all sorts of crazy abilities, but they die to a stiff breeze.

Again, though, I can use FFTEdit to change that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Update 05

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Well, if I'm going to add her to my party, I have to edit her in. I can easily remove it, so that's a non-issue.

FFTEdit will allow me to remove that flag.

Again, though, I can use FFTEdit to change that.

:corsair: You drat kids and your modern-day fancy programs. When I was screwing around with this stuff, it was using an actual gameshark plugged into the back of my Playstation 1 Video Gaming Console. I had to plug in all of the codes digit by digit using the controller!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

:corsair: You drat kids and your modern-day fancy programs. When I was screwing around with this stuff, it was using an actual gameshark plugged into the back of my Playstation 1 Video Gaming Console. I had to plug in all of the codes digit by digit using the controller!

I spent many a day using a GameShark, before there were any fancy FFT editing tools. And then things got easier when I discovered a program that, when I used a male/make printer cable and connect my GS to my PC, I could access the GS, and modify the files that were just text files. Type in my codes, set them to Active, and copy it to the GS.

It also let me mod my GS to play ISOs I burned to CDs on my PSX.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Update Six: Riovanes Castle (for real this time) to Bervenia Free City

I probably could've defeated the Wiegraf Zodiac boss battle with some slightly smarter strategy or dragging out the duel longer so Bartz gets more speed and levels, but for my own sanity I restricted myself to two consecutive failures. Despite playing the challenge several times now, I'm still terrible at long-term planning and exploiting the quirks of the game engine beyond the few tricks I've picked up (mostly from watching a guy speedrun it).

One grinding battle later, I'm ready to tackle the Riovanes Castle gauntlet again.

In the first battle, I forget to tack Arrow Guard on Krile, and this mistake kills her, but otherwise the battle is uneventful. (Rafa lasts longer than the first turn, but she's still the one who runs away.)

I remember from the previous attempts that Krile didn't do as much damage on Wiegraf with the bow as she did against the generics, so I put her on Mediator and Faris on Monk. I also picked up Earth Clothes from somewhere I don't remember off the top of my head, so I tack that onto Bartz to negate Earth Slash and give him the Jade Armlet. Everyone else also gets Jade Armlets except Faris, who wears the Barette Alma left behind (this is, incidentally, the only headgear that Monks can wear, and then only the females) and Diamond Armlet to up her PA.

In the duel, I gently caress up Bartz's placement and eat a death; on the second try, I learn my lesson and kite Wiegraf back and forth along the same set of squares until Bartz has gained additional levels and is almost twice as fast as Wiegraf.

This is it. I psyche myself up for the battle. Velius!Wiegraf, as last part's strategy noted, has at most 1000 or so HP. I have two turns before the Archaic Demons move into range and start wrecking my poo poo, which means that each character needs to do an average of 100 HP per turn.

Bartz moves first and gets two consecutive turns, so I have him Wave Fist Velius both times for 108 HP and run away behind Lenna on the second attack.

Then Velius moves into convenient punching/shooting range and casts Cyclops on Krile, who is the only unit that still has enough Faith to die to it.

There's enough time for Lenna to Charge+1 Velius before he finishes casting, adding another 189 HP worth of damage.

Galuf also uses a Wave Fist, doing 147 HP damage on Velius.

Krile shoots Velius for 96 HP and then runs away so she's the only one who gets hit by the summon.

Faris shoots Velius for 104 HP.

Bartz uses Wave Fist again, but since Velius is charging when he does so, this hits for 162 HP. At this point, the Archaic Demons start moving in to do (not negligible) damage, so I want to end the battle as soon as possible.

Cyclops goes off, killing Krile.

Bartz's turn comes up again, and he finishes off whatever's left of Velius' health. However, there's no celebratory emote here, because I'm not out of the woods yet. Everyone switches to wearing Judo Clothes (except, again, Faris, who will not take that Barette off unless she leaves the Monk Job) and I brace myself for Rafa to kill herself a million times.

Roof of Riovanes Castle Map Overview
Replayable as Random Encounter: No.
Allies: The squad starts on the East die of the map. Ramza's placement doesn't matter as he always begins at South-East, on top of the stairs. Rafa starts just South of the Chimney.
Enemies: Elmdor (Samurai), Celia (Assassin), and Lede (Assassin). Elmdor begins to the West of Rafa, while Celia and Lede are to the North on the highest point of the roof.
Objective: Protect Rafa.

Roof of Riovanes Castle Battle Strategy Overview
  • Malak is dead throughout the battle and cannot be revived, and this denies you a slot for your squad.
  • The battle ends as soon as one of Elmdor, Celia, or Lede drops below Critical HP.
  • It helps to have a naked, or sufficiently low HP ally, to act as a distraction.
  • Rafa's AI is as suicidal as her character is in story. She may need to be healed if you can't end the battle fast enough.
  • Celia and Lede can instantly cause Stop, Death, or Charm, but your equipment can only block two of those three ailments.
  • It is not worth it to try to steal Elmdor's equipment in this battle, since he has Hamedo (which will attack any unit trying to steal from him unless you can lower his Brave)
  • You cannot learn Ultima from this battle, so don't bother even if you have Squire as a legal Job.

This is another one of FFT's notorious obstacles to progress. Even if you stack the odds in your favor, you're still at the mercy the RNG. Additionally, this battle is the last time the game denies you a party slot, and since the previous time it happened it was in Chapter Two, it throws you off your usual loadout. Plus, the Assassins, besides being dual-weilding bitches, has a slew of abilities that have to be specifically prepared against.

I was very surprised to see Rafa, after taking a Draw Out from Elmdor, running towards the squad for once. Usually she goes after Elmdor or one of the Assassins and costs me a reset.

Celia attacks a charging Rafa twice, putting her into Critical. :ohdear:

Bartz dies via double stabbage and I realize I should've packed Hamedo for this battle.

I start slamming damage into Celia as hard as I can, keeping my party members where they are so their next turn comes up faster. (Meanwhile, Rafa's Heaven Thunder goes off and hits Elmdor once.)

:woop: I still can't believe I managed this on the first try. Maybe all of those failures was sacrifices demanded by the RNG for the dice to finally land in my favor.

With the plot progressing into Chapter 4, it's time to get another Job!

:ninja:

Detailed Ninja Breakdown:
Ability: Throw, which uses your character's Movement to determine the range at which you can throw. The damage is fairly good (bombs in particular give you access to the rare but useful "water" element), but costs a lot of JP get the ability to throw everything, and it's expensive to keep stocked in the more powerful throwing items.
Reaction: Sunken State (Brave% chance to turn invisible if damaged) and Abandon (doubles evasion), both excellent.
Support: Two Swords (dual wield)--Ninjas have this by default, and they can use a number of weapons that can lay down serious hurting. Giving a Ninja the Monk Support ability Martial Arts turns them into even more efficient super fast, super evasive murder machines, and Two Swords means double the stabbing for any sword/knife/axe using class. (I haven't checked the other weapons yet, but I'm pretty sure those are the only ones that can be dual-weilded.)
Movement: Move in Water (treats water as normal terrain). Situationally useful, given that not all maps have water in them.

Other potential Jobs:
  • Bard/Dancer--Sing/Dance is pretty much the best ability for grinding JP, as songs and dances go off on their own timer and not the character's speed, and the buffs and debuffs can help in a pinch if you can keep your units alive long enough. Face (Faith) Up/Brave Up are pretty good reaction abilities as well, and Bards in particular get Move +3, which is great for any Job but especially high-Movement ones.
  • MONSTER--Now you'll be getting the best Monsters in the game (besides the ones the sidequests hand to you for free). Experiment with different Monsters to see which ones you prefer.
  • Samurai--Effectively a higher-tiered Summoner, as Samurais can instantly cast AOE damage/healing that distinguish between ally and enemy. And even without Mediator, Blade Grasp will help a lot in keeping your characters alive. The Draw out skill calculates damage based on MA, so it synergizes really well with Magic Attack Up (or any caster class).
  • Squire--The only saving grace about still having Squire in Chapter 4 is that Ramza can equip Knight Swords, which means he can make use of Cid's Excalibur, and he can also learn Ultima.

I grind propositions to unlock Ninja for all of my generics; Faris (who unlocked the Job first and thus has enough JP to learn Abandon) and Galuf immediately switch over, while Lenna is a Monk, Krile is a Mediator, and Bartz is an Archer. One visit to the store to see if there's any new gear I can buy later, I go to Dogoula Pass.

Doguola Pass Map Overview
Replayable as Random Encounter: Yes.
Allies: The squad starts on the West/South-West side of the map.
Enemies: Two Lancers, two Wizards, an Archer, and a Knight, all male. The Archer and one Wizard are on the North-East corner, while the others are on the East side.
Objective: Defeat all enemies.

Doguola Pass Battle Strategy Overview
  • The toughness of this battle depends on what Jobs you have--most of the challenge comes from the difficult terrain and that even the Knight may be able to damage you from at range depending on his secondary ability. Otherwise it isn't anything you haven't seen before.

Thanks to all of the stat dropping I did earlier, the Wizards are not the biggest threat this time, but the Lancers. I stay put as to not get surrounded, so it's the enemy that approaches first. When the Knight gets put into Critical HP, this causes the upper Wizard to target him with some form of White Magic.

The other Wizard tries to Haste himself.

Faris finishes off the Knight on her turn.

Galuf finishes off one of the Wizards.

Lenna eats a fatal spear-tipped Goomba Stomp.

I like to imagine that every time one of my squad successfully dodges, they do that Matrix slow-mo camera rotate thing.

While the portion of the squad on the upper plateau are cleaning up just fine...

The middle squadron struggles with staying alive, so I end the battle as soon as Krile drops because I have no means of resurrecting her.

If memory serves correctly, Meliadoul doesn't yet have the Accessory-destroying attack, so everyone except Krile (who will stay safely outside of her range and shoot her or muck about with stats) forgoes their weapons and armor, Galuf goes to Monk because he doesn't have enough JP to learn Martial Arts, and everyone (except Faris, who still has Abandon) switches to Arrow Guard as their Reaction ability.

Bervenia Free City Map Overview
Replayable as Random Encounter: No.
Allies: Squad 1 (Ramza + 2 Generics) starts at the South-West to South region, Squad 2 (2 Generics) starts at the South-East end.
Enemies: Meliadoul (Divine Knight), Summoners, Archers, Ninjas, all female.
Objective: Defeat Meliadoul

Bervenia Free City Battle Strategy Overview
  • Meliadoul can destroy your equipment if you move into her range unless you destroy/steal her sword first.
  • Meliadoul also has an accessory that grants Always:Reraise, Regen.
  • Meliadoul will flee at sufficiently low HP, but it is lower than her Critical threshold.
  • It is not recommended to go after a total enemy kill unless you can drop one or more enemies with the combined force of your allies between enemy turns.

Feel free to skip down until you see "Reset!", because this attempt is full of really dumb mistakes.

Dumb Mistake #1: Forgetting how the squads get placed after I field them.

The RNG Hates Me, Instance #Whatever: Fatal dodge fails.

Dumb Mistake #2: Forgetting to un-equip Galuf, who dies to a Shellburst Stab.

More RNG Hate: Meliadoul blocks an attack from Bartz with her shield. Then Bartz dies to double stabbing again because he's equipped with Counter rather than Hamedo.

Dumb Mistake #3: Not running away far enough with Krile, who eats a Shellburst Stab. (I've unfortunately already deleted the video, so you'll just have to take my word that it happened.)

I make a last ditch attempt to stay alive, but Mimic Daravon doesn't work.

It finally ends ends as Krile gets a Summon dropped on her and then a Shuriken thrown at her.

(Reset!)

Trying a different tack: since Bartz and Galuf have Hamedo, I turn them into Mediators with Guns to see if that can preemptively take out the Ninja, give Lenna Arrow Guard instead of Abandon, and switch Krile to Archer with Martial Arts and Counter.

This time, the RNG is nicer to me,letting Lenna dodge the Ninja's thrown whatever.

I keep forgetting that Krile still has a pretty significant chunk of Faith and thus she dies to a Summon.

Galuf shoots Meliadoul into Critical, but this doesn't end the battle (which surprised me because I'd forgotten that particular detail). Meanwhile, Lenna eats some damage.

But she manages to dodge getting sliced in half.

Meliadoul tries to retreat, but it's not far away enough. Bartz shoots her on his turn and she's out of the fight for good.

Next time: the squad fords Finath River.

dotchan fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 4, 2015

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Woo, Ninja+Monk is one of the crazy-strongest combinations you can get. Very lucky. Watch, now Vilkacis will get Samurai and make a mockery of these challenges.

A few notes on these battles:
- The assassins can cast Ultima in the rooftop battle, as you note, but you CAN'T learn it here. Only Chapter 4 Ramza can learn Ultima.
- The range of the Ninja's Throw command is equal to their movement range. Their default movement range is 4, which isn't bad, but if you give them Move+3 and some battle boots, they have a throw range of 8, which is pretty crazy.
- What abandon does is it straight-up DOUBLES all your evasion rates. Class evade stat 10%? Now it's 20%. Got a shield with 40% physical evade? Now it's 80%. Got a mantle with 30% magic evade? Now it's 60%. And Abandon doesn't even rely on Brave for activation- it's always active. With a shield and a mantle you can get some INSANE evasion with Abandon. Easily in the top two or three reaction abilities.
- Meliadoul doesn't have to be brought into critical by Ramza, it's just that her "flee" threshold is lower than her critical threshold.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

did someone mention my name

Haha, I wish. First, we'll have to see if I can even get that far - still have to deal with Wiggy and the rooftop, and, well. :suicide:

Still, yeah, punch+ninja = very good. Even if you can only field one dualwielding monk and one punch arting ninja, that's still one hell of a damage output. Nice.

Anyway, on to bigger and better some godawful things!

11: Mother loving Ninjas

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Update 06

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Your chocobo battle reminds me of a random battle where I had a ninja with Counter and Secret Hunt/Poach equipped. I moved the ninja forward and waited, and then every single enemy monster moved up, attacked, and got counter-poached. I won the battle without taking a single action.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I never, ever had problems with the rooftop fight. Even on my first playthrough I found it to be laughably easy. I guess I never ran into Rafa's suicidal AI, because there are three enemies and you just have to get any one of them into critical HP. Even if they go first it's not exactly a long shot to bring one down.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

George posted:

I never, ever had problems with the rooftop fight. Even on my first playthrough I found it to be laughably easy. I guess I never ran into Rafa's suicidal AI, because there are three enemies and you just have to get any one of them into critical HP. Even if they go first it's not exactly a long shot to bring one down.
Except when they kill Rafa by going first. Multiple times I have her end her movement in range of the Assassin's, which causes one of them to shank her to death without me being able to get a turn at all. I don't think I've ever seen one of them use Stop Bracelet on her, but after Elmdor's Murasame (which is pretty much 100% his first turn) she has to dodge up to four attacks that will kill her and give you a game over. Before you can do anything at all.

After finally beating Weigraf and Velius I was stuck on this rooftop until the RNG swung in my favor and I was able to get one of them down. Which is really hard when Elmdor's far away and the Assassin's tend to stop bracelet/shadow stitch people right off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Update 07

(I may have had some free time over the weekend...)

• Locked thread