Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Let's all post our favorite starters from each gen. Ok, I'll start. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Turtwig, Oshawott, and I've forgotten the name of the frog starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's insane that in order to complete your Pokedex in gen 1, you had to trick several little brothers into getting the starters and trading them to you for hours. Same with fossils.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I picked squirtle in blue so I've always chosen the water starter since. It's never steered me wrong.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The first gen is a tough one because i like all of them equally but I guess I'll go with Bulbasaur. then its Totodile, Treecko, Turtwig, Tepig, and Chespin.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i made the mistake of picking charmander and ran into the brick wall of the rock gym. this is before they added in a mankey close to the gym to make it easier, you had to evolve a butterfree for confusion and pray 2 god

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The starters were like difficulty settings. Grass was easy and fire was hard. Grass was super effective first two gyms, water only first, fire weak to both

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

charmander, cyndaquil, torchic, turtwig, snivy. runners up are squirtle, mudkip, piplup, and oshawott. all of the xy starters blow

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

froakie's line is ok i guess but its the first gen where i didnt want to use any of the starter pokemon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Let's all post our favorite starters from each gen. Ok, I'll start. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Turtwig, Oshawott, and I've forgotten the name of the frog starter.

I heard you like Mudkip :D

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i only played sapphire and i can't remember what the starters were.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i only played sapphire and i can't remember what the starters were.

Torchick, Mudkip and Treecko.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Torchick evolves into the coolest Pokemon of all time, Blaziken, which is also going to be my main in the Pokemon Tekken game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

You heard right my man, and straight from the source.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Blaziken is a Digimon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Blaziken is a Digimon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blaziken_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Torchick, Mudkip and Treecko.

mudkipz

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I usually replace my starter with a pokemon of similar type I like better.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Er, sorry. He looks like a Digimon.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

can't say i agree

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's just the way I feel. Some people feel that way, some don't. To this I say what ever.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think Totodile is my favorite starter of all time.. usually even my favorites of the generation have a evolve stage that doesn't look as cool or just totally goes crazy with the design in an unexpected way. But Totodile looks great now matter how many times you evolve him.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the gen 4 starters are the best imo. all 3 have cool designs with interesting type combinations that let them all fight each other somewhat evenly. they were also all just good, strong pokemon. not a bad choice among them

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

I usually replace my starter with a pokemon of similar type I like better.

that's horrible i always use my starter through the game. it was your first pokéfriend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked Blaziken so much that I bred my Blaziken 6 times and got 6 Torchicks and leveled all of them to level 100 so I could beat the elite four with nothing but Blazikens on my team.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

that's horrible i always use my starter through the game. it was your first pokéfriend

Pokemon are tools you use to battle other people.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pewdiepie posted:

youre a tool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

youre a tool

Pwned.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's true

Soral
May 30, 2009

sharrrk posted:

charmander, cyndaquil, torchic, turtwig, snivy. runners up are squirtle, mudkip, piplup, and oshawott. all of the xy starters blow

x and y is the first generation where i benched my starter in the pc and never got them back out

Soral
May 30, 2009

but also in that gen you get a second starter from the kanto set and also they gave away a free torchic for like a year so at least it had that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I liked Blaziken so much that I bred my Blaziken 6 times and got 6 Torchicks and leveled all of them to level 100 so I could beat the elite four with nothing but Blazikens on my team.
Don't support Torchic mills.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

this

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

chesnaught is really cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

x and y is the first generation where i benched my starter in the pc and never got them back out

I benched both starters and used my main man talonflame as my starter.

my favorite starter is snivy and I named mine in black 2 sniggy. ftw.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Torchick evolves into the coolest Pokemon of all time, Blaziken, which is also going to be my main in the Pokemon Tekken game.

I'm going to use American Dragon Pikachu

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the cool thing about xy and the crazy amount of EXP you get with the EXP share is that you could have a team of more than 6 and just rotate them out in each area, and maintain a decent level on all of them

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

where the gently caress is pokemon z.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

where the gently caress is pokemon z.

They released images of a new zygard so soon probably

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Average Bear posted:

They released images of a new zygard so soon probably