Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mordaedil posted:

First session I did in pathfinder, I had one of *those* arguments with a new player on why he wasted his action, I think I urged him to "Aid another" and he gave the rogue a +2 to hit, but the rogue whiffed and he started arguing about how he should have been granted his action back again. Was rough telling him it really didn't work like that. Previously he didn't like slowly moving forward in a trap-filled hall-way, so he decided to say "screw it" and walked right into a sliding blades trap and nearly died to it, even as the rogue was doing his best to detect and disarm traps.

We never resumed that session, but I think it burned him a bit on the game too. It burned me on wanting to host a session.

IME there's a lot of people who just want to play it like a video game where they basically just run from battle to battle. All they want to do is throw out some high damage numbers and that's about it. My primary group back in highschool was like that; half the time was spent combing through various supplemental books trying to find the most broken combination possible. It's fun for a little while but we never had a campaign actually last more than a handful of sessions because there was never any RP and nobody actually cared about any kind of worldbuilding..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Something like that came up in a Shadowrun game I got dragged into in my senior year of college. I liked the role-playing aspects of the game and created an Elf Decker with a backstory, an interesting mix of useless skills, and randomness even gave him a few more interesting features that I was having fun with. Unfortunately, most of the rest of the group put all their points into combat-related stats and spent most of the time looking for fights, often to the detriment of the missions. Also, there was another Decker in the group who had better stats than mine as well as combat capability, although the player didn't seem to appreciate the finer points of role-play much and consistently made a fool of himself in various ways. (His efforts to pretend that he wasn't ACTUALLY acting on out-of-character knowledge never fooled anyone.) So I retired my character and switched to a Troll with top skills in all the weapons she could physically haul around and, to compensate, the minimum intelligence stat, which I role-played the hell out of. She also enjoyed nothing so much as fighting, partly because I felt that would fit in better with the group, but also because it led to some fun situations when the other characters/players would underestimate either her bloodlust or the shallowness of her intelligence. My favorite story of this character is from a mission where we were searching for an enemy hideout in a dense jungle. We knew we were being watched, and of course, the troll was itching for a fight, so she asked for permission to fire a few grenades into the trees. The leader granted this. The resulting retaliatory carpet bombing effectively killed everyone but for the grace of the GM, who was highly amused and gave everyone a one-time pass - except my character, who was so overly buff that she not only survived, but was still on her feet and fighting when the bad guys came to collect what was left of the corpses. There was another consequence to that owing to the little bit of role-play potential I'd put into the character, but I've always found the idea of a cleanup crew expecting to haul away, or more likely shovel up, a dead body instead finding a pissed-off troll shooting at them to be pretty funny.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

After following the 13th Age LP for several years now, I'm afraid playing in a tabletop group myself will never live up to the exceedingly high expectations Ironicus and crew have set for me. They make roleplaying and worldbuilding the most enjoyable part of the game with combat as a (still entertaining) afterthought.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Thief is pretty bad, though. And I don't think ninja is all that great either. Worse offense and defense than a knight and the black magic is past the point that it's very useful. The only thing they really bring to the table is FAST, but not only do you have to be very high level to get it, if you want a character that can cast FAST and fight well, you may as well just take a red mage, which gets the key spell much earlier, is very useful right from the start, has a whole lot more versatility and doesn't even end up doing all that much less weapon damage than a ninja. Other than thief/ninja, though, the game is remarkably well balanced and there are good reasons to take all the other classes.

The only upside to thief is that it can basically always escape from fights where possible, and Ninja can use almost all the gear in the game in its quest to be a mediocre attacker.

People are also confusing 'Balance' with 'beatable when you know the game inside and out and can outlevel the content.' A good team can beat the game under level 20, a lovely team is probably lucky if it can beat the 4 fiends by level 20.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

People are also confusing 'Balance' with 'beatable when you know the game inside and out and can outlevel the content.' A good team can beat the game under level 20, a lovely team is probably lucky if it can beat the 4 fiends by level 20.

I once read a journal of someone who beat the game with a solo thief. The amount of grinding he had to do just to beat Astos was very depressing. I'm just about positive he was over level 20 at that point.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Other then teams with little offensive power (Four White Mages, Four Thieves pre Ninja) I can't really think of many that would have this problem.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

Other then teams with little offensive power (Four White Mages, Four Thieves pre Ninja) I can't really think of many that would have this problem.

Below level 20 it's pretty much Fighters or bust. Secondary attackers barely scratch bosses and at level 20 black mages can't do much against most of the endgame bosses.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I once read a journal of someone who beat the game with a solo thief. The amount of grinding he had to do just to beat Astos was very depressing. I'm just about positive he was over level 20 at that point.

Was it a synopsis of this? It was one of the rare times I've cringed reading a screenshot LP.

Skyridge posted:

After following the 13th Age LP for several years now, I'm afraid playing in a tabletop group myself will never live up to the exceedingly high expectations Ironicus and crew have set for me.

Every group is different, but the majority of tabletop games I've been in have been pretty casual, roleplay-light and combat-heavy games (almost always with adventure paths since Pathfinder took over). The big problem is the "Heckler's Veto" dilemma, since in order to have a world-building and roleplay focused game you have to have a lot of player buy-in, and it only takes one person who finds that stuff boring and is in the game for the tactical combat aspects (especially in 4E/13A where that's more developed than earlier D&D) to derail the game.

But hey, you'll never know if you don't try. :)

As far as thieves go in FF1, RUN is only partly bugged; their starting luck does guarantee a 100% chance to escape (as long as the enemy formation slot isn't flagged to be inescapable, of course), but only if your party formation and status are good.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Skyridge posted:

After following the 13th Age LP for several years now, I'm afraid playing in a tabletop group myself will never live up to the exceedingly high expectations Ironicus and crew have set for me. They make roleplaying and worldbuilding the most enjoyable part of the game with combat as a (still entertaining) afterthought.

The thing about tabletop rpgs, as I saw someone say on /tg/, is that some people consider it an "intellectual" hobby (cause it's not sports or whatever), and therefore, if they're into it, they're smart and they know better, and it makes for a bad time for everyone

The biggest risk of tabletops is the biggest risk of anything that relies on human communication: having to deal with douchebags. 13th Age LP is really nothing special, I don't think. It's a good campaign because people in it are interested in having fun, and not proving something to someone

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Skyridge posted:

Thanks! But don't worry about it. Get yourself some time, some friends, and some snacks and see what happens. Games are meant to be fun, don't stress.

dasmause posted:

13th Age LP is really nothing special, I don't think.

...thanks?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, remember that tabletop RPGs started as an addon for a really groggy wargame that barely amounted to a pamphlet. True to tradition, many of them contain hundreds of pages on combat resolution and some handwaving about everything else.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Wayne posted:

Every group is different, but the majority of tabletop games I've been in have been pretty casual, roleplay-light and combat-heavy games (almost always with adventure paths since Pathfinder took over). The big problem is the "Heckler's Veto" dilemma, since in order to have a world-building and roleplay focused game you have to have a lot of player buy-in, and it only takes one person who finds that stuff boring and is in the game for the tactical combat aspects (especially in 4E/13A where that's more developed than earlier D&D) to derail the game.

This is pretty much why I never got very heartbroken about being too nerdy to play D&D. I'd want to play for the fantasy and adventure and story, not for crunching numbers. It's similar to why I never got into MMORPGs. The standard player is more interested in grabbing the loot and increasing their stats than actually living a fantasy life. meh.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

If there is one thing that I find great with one group that I always game with it is that we have an agreement that we will RP as often or more often than we battle, no matter who may be DMing whichever evening. That and I have gotten quite adept at making "gimmick" characters i.e. I roll a character that seems somewhat identical to a cartoon character or a book character and so my RP will be acting like Tina Belcher, or George Fox.

I don't do that with other groups but then I don't consistently game with other groups for that reason, because the douchebag who made a broken character so that they can "break" the game isn't any fun to play with

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Aces High posted:

If there is one thing that I find great with one group that I always game with it is that we have an agreement that we will RP as often or more often than we battle, no matter who may be DMing whichever evening. That and I have gotten quite adept at making "gimmick" characters i.e. I roll a character that seems somewhat identical to a cartoon character or a book character and so my RP will be acting like Tina Belcher, or George Fox.

I don't do that with other groups but then I don't consistently game with other groups for that reason, because the douchebag who made a broken character so that they can "break" the game isn't any fun to play with

I'm the douchebag.

It really all boils down to what the group can handle and what they want. I've been running games every Sunday for about 4 years now with a group that still doesn't seem to know or care what's going on most of the time. It's basically nerd poker and comedy hour and I'm their host and comedian. We do about as much gameplay as we do watching stupid poo poo they've found this week and making each other laugh. When I first started playing with them (friend of mine was DM'ing) I really did play some of the most broken characters. I'd sandbag a lot to let them have their fun and involvement but I was pretty much a safety valve for if poo poo ever got too deep for them. All in all only the two rpg veterans survived (an old roommate and I) and everyone still had a blast. They still make jokes about how hard it was to actually kill my character.

In the subject of 13th age: firstly, I can't listen to the podcast anymore. It makes me want to pull my hair out most of the time. But that's because I'm not a good fit for the group that does the podcast. I wouldn't gel well at all trying to play a game with them. That having been said, if anything (this LP, people talking about pen and paper RPGs, whatever) piques your interest you should give that LP a listen. Even if you don't like it, it's still a great source of good RPG habits. Ironicus is good at crafting something for the players to run through, but frankly his adaptation and way with description and willingness to feed off the players' ideas is very excellent. If you let the world get created by everyone, it's a lot less burden on the game runner. And it gives everyone else a sense of involvement.

And there are tons of different genres to choose from, whether you want sci fi, horror, anime, something involving spies, Vikings, Greek gods, Cthulhu... the list could go on for pages. Anyway, if it sounds like fun and you want to have a regular get together with friends where you joke, have a good time and use your imagination... find a way to do it.

Before I get too far off topic I just wanted to say that I really admire the way this LP is going. Greatly looking forward to more.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 6, 2015

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I need to get back into the 13th Age LP at some point, the chunk I listened to was pretty drat great and I loved all of the D&D LP.

I've played a few tabletop sessions and even GMed a couple of Dungeon World attempts, though they all fell apart due to scheduling conflicts/one guy RPing his characters as giant assholes. Don't know if I could gather up more interest in one nor do I really have the time to anymore, but it's a nice way to do stuff with friends and relax. Worth checking out and doing at least once, and there are tons of systems out there now that you'll likely find something that'll work for your RP-heavy/combat-heavy/rear end in a top hat-heavy group.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Ugato posted:

I'm the douchebag.

Well when I say douchebag I really do mean it as those people that don't take into account what everyone else in the group wants, they only care about "winning" the game in whatever manner possible. One of my buddies makes characters in ways that you describe but we wouldn't call him a jackass or anything because he still wants everyone else in the group to have fun and these days combat only occurs sparingly in that group.

I still hear stories from groups that I used to game with that talk about "loving ____, he's always making these broken loving characters and complaining when we aren't fighting or when he isn't killing everything in one blow" or similar.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
The best part of games is the math and also I guess somebody said "Hey everybody what's your life story" at some point and I missed it?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I'm slightly burned out on fantasy RPGs these days because of too many rules, not enough player engagement. A rowdy adventure slowing to a crawl because one fight takes two hours to resolve is a bad feeling.

The best time I ever had with a tabletop RPG was a Shadowrun campaign where we'd spend two sessions planning a major mission and doing some minor favors to gather resources, and the third session wherein the major mission is 20 minutes of frantic d6-throwing with the remainder dealing with the disastrous, hilarious fallout because the guy who owned that office building was some kind of wizard and now the city block has mutated into an autonomous battleship and that's enough to deal with while trying to figure out why we're now cradling a newborn baby with demon horns that multiple corporate parties have expressed interest in adopting.

The other best time was the Call of Cthulhu game where I played Master Shake.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mazed posted:

I'm slightly burned out on fantasy RPGs these days because of too many rules, not enough player engagement. A rowdy adventure slowing to a crawl because one fight takes two hours to resolve is a bad feeling.
Sounds like a badly designed bar fight!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Now that we have the key, I guess we better go get those treasures.

Hey, just so you know, this dungeon really sucked.

These treasures really suck. Don't we have, like, a hundred thousand gold now? A grand ain't poo poo.

Well, you weren't exactly supposed to fight those things for half a session.

And this room doesn't even have a treasure in it. What the hell is this?

I'll take that, though.

DR6 to DR17? Yeah, I'll really take that.

But this dungeon still sucks.

Seriously. Did you use your high school's floor plan or something?

Sweet, I found a bird in this chest.

Tch, it's a sword!

That's not what your drawing looks like.

So how come you guys didn't get this the last time you were here?

We were doing more important things.

Mm, saving money is really important.

Then why did you complain about--

'Cause you don't put random encounter money in a treasure chest.

Hey, catch, brah!

Thanks.

Aw no, don't throw my brews around like that, you'll--

poo poo, sorry dude. Try grab me some paper towels?

Wasn't there a door in the ruins up here, too?

Cool, a magic weapon! So what makes it special?

... Nothing.

Then what's the frickin' point?

Well, no, I mean, it's a sword that used to be a sword.

It's cool that we can still examine these doors, though, and see that they're supposed to be locked.

So this is a sword that's... shaped like a dragon?

Mm, close, it's green like a dragon.

That's it?

That's it.

If it fits in a treasure chest, this must be one of those lovely hipster houses that won't exist for another twenty years.

We still have time, let's go kill the guy who's gonna invent them.

We're just some poor dudes playing pnp in your crappy studio apartment. The guy who invents them was already born super rich, he'd crush us.

But if he's super rich, why does he need to invent lovely tiny expensive houses?

Because there's a sucker born every minute.

... So where'd he go? He just disappeared.

Insha'Allah.

Insha what?

You'll, uh, you'll understand when you get older.

This doesn't look like a very nice town.

Sweet, I played a new video game about this, like, last month.

I know, right? Where do you think I got the idea?

Dude, don't make us roll a fuckin' d100 to talk to random NPCs and then put ones like this in the table.

Yeah, no, I'm not even gonna touch that armor.

Oh, great. Here we go again.

No, it's not just you. Something weird's going on here.

It's because your skill is not enough.

Are you disrespectin' me?

N-no, I mean, like, "your dude" your.

You're drat right.

Okay, let's go kill a fuckin' vampire!

I know, he's standing in our way. Let's just kill him.

You can't kill him, that's not the vampire.

Well then what was it?

It was just a huge dude.

No problem, let's kill it!

I'm not gonna let you turn this campaign into one of those again.

I feel really disenfranchised right now. Like, you don't even know.

Good.

Oh, look at me, I'm so edgy, I make my maps look like a fuckin' swastika.

... Oh. Oh, poo poo. I didn't mean to, I swear.

Why are we running into something every step? This is poo poo.

He's trying to make us forget that he made a nazi dungeon.

Hmm, he's deeply troubled.

Screw you guys, it was seriously an accident.

Now I know why he keeps asking me to bring Oktoberfests from Cali.

Oh, I can already tell I'm gonna love this floor.

Mm, yeah, any rear end in a top hat can throw a bunch of square rooms together.

Jeez, these things wrecked us. Are you mad that we're talking poo poo about your junk dungeon or what?

... What?

... Wait, that's it?

That was the whole first boss?

Hmm, could ME smash it?

Yes, he could, but he doesn't want to.

Well gently caress him. We tell him he needs to fuckin' smash it.

He tells you you need to get me a beer.

Will he smash it if I do?

No.

Well, tell him that you can get your own goddamn beer.

And what's this RUBY for?

... Actually, I forgot to put the NPC who tells you that on the roll table, so if you get me that beer, I'll tell you.

Oh, that's dumb. Who could've figured that out?

Why would you do this to us?

That was the dumbest thing you've ever made us do in a game.

Mm, it was worse than the time you made us roll characters and buy equipment, and then you started the story with us getting captured and having all our stuff stolen.

Wait a second, what the gently caress happened to my guy?

Yeah, me too :(

By the way, you don't get experience for that fight.

I load our last save.

A BAT stands in your way.

I kill the bat.

You can't.

Well, then we fuckin' walk around it.

There's no room. You have to wait for it to move.

Several hours later...

Heheh, his ball.

You guys are such loving children.

We need some boss music.

Does this work?

No, it sounds like you phoned it in. This is crap. Just use the regular battle one if you can't come up with something good. Jackass.

Okay, jeez.

drat, I'm so great.

That's for coming up with that lovely song.

Oh, so that was the boss.

Weaksauce.

Look, I can't make you get bad rolls.

So what do we get?

You get to fill in an ORB on your character sheet!

... And? Can I shoot a Kamehameha out of my mouth now or something?

No. No, you can't.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 9, 2015

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
THAT loving BAT

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

This thread. :allears:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. Remind me, is this one of those games that was originally sold with a walkthrough in the box to tell you what to do? Stateside, I mean.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.

Glazius posted:

Hmm. Remind me, is this one of those games that was originally sold with a walkthrough in the box to tell you what to do? Stateside, I mean.

I believe it was, but only up to just after the second Fiend.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

Kliff posted:

I believe it was, but only up to just after the second Fiend.

And Nintendo Power released a full strategy guide for it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

MaskedHuzzah posted:

And Nintendo Power released a full strategy guide for it.

Yeah, I had it and they reveal everything up to the final boss.

It was great for maps, not so hot on advice. Like, it gave opinions for if spells were good buys or not (that's actually a useful walkthrough feature considering the limited spell inventory) however it's opinions were often wrong. Also, the people that wrote the guide were going on faith that everything worked. Weapon elements and some of the magic is just outright broken in this first version of the game and don't do what they're supposed to at all.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I don't remember stuff like being blocked by bats and ogres or whatever demanding arbitrary things when I played through the PSP redo of this game years ago. Did they end up removing some weirdness in an attempt to have it hold up next to 'modern' games, or what?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Titan is an intentional roadblock. I think someone mentions that he likes rubies, but it's one guy in a sea of villagers who say "Heroes! Return the light to the crystal!"

The bat, however, is just a regular NPC that happened to RNG-path down a one-tile-wide hallway.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Titan is an intentional roadblock. I think someone mentions that he likes rubies, but it's one guy in a sea of villagers who say "Heroes! Return the light to the crystal!"

Pro tip: talk to everybody.

Also here is a cool collection of some of the Nintendo Power guide's artwork that people were talking about earlier. Get some sweet classic 90's video game art.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Pro tip: talk to everybody.

Also here is a cool collection of some of the Nintendo Power guide's artwork that people were talking about earlier. Get some sweet classic 90's video game art.

Wow they put a huge-rear end house into their pockets.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It looks like a bouncy castle.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

:weed:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Mazed posted:

I don't remember stuff like being blocked by bats and ogres or whatever demanding arbitrary things when I played through the PSP redo of this game years ago. Did they end up removing some weirdness in an attempt to have it hold up next to 'modern' games, or what?

The "hall of giants" is a pointless corridor on the left hand side early into the earth cave where the encounter rate is jacked up to nearly 100% and every fight is with Giants. It's a decent grinding spot at that point in the game outside of the peninsula of power if that's your thing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

And yet, you smash the plate with it, instead of lifting it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Wow they put a huge-rear end house into their pockets.

Pockets Of Holding. And in the case of this LP, I'm sure one of the players has a Portable Hole Full Of Beer...

P.S.: Come join the FFT 5 Job Fiesta, OFS!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

And yet, you smash the plate with it, instead of lifting it.

I always thought the Rod was just a crowbar.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kheldarn posted:

P.S.: Come join the FFT 5 Job Fiesta, OFS!

Every time I've tried a challenge run of FFT I just get bored of it. A lot of what I like of FFT is playing with all the pieces it gives me even if it does destroy difficulty in the process, so not having complete freedom is just dull to me.

Anyway, FF1 unused content: ain't a lot of it! Most of what's interesting is regional revisions. What we've seen so far is removal of religious symbolism.

And the revival guy taking off his hat.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Choco1980 posted:

The "hall of giants" is a pointless corridor on the left hand side early into the earth cave where the encounter rate is jacked up to nearly 100% and every fight is with Giants. It's a decent grinding spot at that point in the game outside of the peninsula of power if that's your thing.

It's guaranteed battles of specific types. Same as the tile in front of the crown with the... whatever they're called there. The mindflayers. You can get a varied number of them in that fight, so the difficulty can be pretty wildly different. There are tons of tiles in the game that are guaranteed fights and any of them can be used to grind on, though none spring to mind as good for grinding other than these (and it's more about he gold from the giants). Most of them are located around treasure, but sometimes the game is a dick and puts it in a doorway too.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 12, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Ugato posted:

It's guaranteed battles of specific types. Same as the tile in front of the crown with the... whatever they're called there. The mindflayers. You can get a varied number of them in that fight, so the difficulty can be pretty wildly different. There are tons of tiles in the game that are guaranteed fights and any of them can be used to grind on, though none spring to mind as good for grinding other than these (and it's more about he gold from the giants). Most of them are located around treasure, but sometimes the game is a dick and puts it in a doorway too.

I've heard of people grinding the Eye later on, since it's pretty fragile IIRC.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I've heard of people grinding the Eye later on, since it's pretty fragile IIRC.

It also works pretty well for single class challenges, since it gives a decent amount of XP and can be completely neutered by a Pro-Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
My favorite part of the NP guide was when I got the AD&D 2nd Edition Player's Handbook years later and was like "oh, now I get what they were going for with the art."
And the biggest regional difference in this game is that one particular enemy got redrawn so Square wouldn't get sued by TSR.

• Locked thread