Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Cuntpunch posted:

As a comparison, despite the agile suggested recognition that pointless wastes of time are pointless, we continue to do standup for approximately 15 minutes each day where the only thing anyone pays any attention to is whether its their turn to spout some words.

This is my life but with derails often. I gave up trying to right the ship and just sinking with the rest of the crew.

Last week our 15 minute stand up turned into 2 people talking for 30 minutes. I know this from another team member because I disconnected after 5 minutes of derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I feel that pain so much. I basically lose my mornings every day until our 9:45 standup is over. I get in around 7:30 when the rest of the team shows up around 9 to 9:30 so I spend most of the morning in our public team chat rooms answering questions or fighting the first fires of the day. I've found if I don't log on to our chat until after stand up I'm much better off. This only works probably until a hand grenade is left brewing in a chat room early morning and nobody sees it. Yay DevOps that is being treated like an Operations team right now. Maybe I should start coming in to work later...

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

H2Eau posted:

We have quite a number of these particular workers, and good goddamn are they the worst. I know meetings are important, but there is an upper limit on how many you can have in a day before your productivity suffers.

Anything past a standup is loving worthless for 99% of devs.

• Locked thread