Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I once took an "agile developer"role at a Pension Software firm (yes they may be running your pensions)

Agile apparently meant

Every morning the team stands around for 10 minutes waiting for the head of operations to turn up.
Then he tells everyone what they are doing
Then we do it.

Stand ups are too short to have discussion or any input from the team.
and if you want to refactor any code please liase with the head developer who is working off site 300 miles away and he was a "its my baby" dev who refused to accept any changes..

I left after 2 months (I also won an award for my first month there as going above and beyond the call of duty by staying late my first week to help the existing team fix the issues (and i had never seen the code base before)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Contra Duck posted:

Hi I'm your new client. I'm very excited that we're going to be doing this agile thing but please take understand that we will need 7-10 days to make even the simplest of decisions.

they obviously don't get agile, part of the pain with agile is whilst developers sign up the management is still under the remit of them versus us, rather than we all work together

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

OWLS! posted:

From an employee perspective, it's an amazing thing. Short, dense meetings with "go offline for the detailed tech stuff after we're done here" is pretty much my gold standard at this point.

The meetings we have we do this, but then the people needing to talk never do.

• Locked thread