Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The coffee boys always discover these really avant-garde games, I don't know how they do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm amazed you managed to play the game for that long. I would have quit the game as soon as I saw that first clown it was so scary. :ohdear:

I don't know if Chris is that brave or that stupid that he manages to keep his cool under these psychological assaults surpassing the Great Old Ones themselves.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I think he got calmer after shooting his first clown.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I see this game took inspiration from Resident Evil with it's "unable to aim and move at the same time" schtick. Inspired by the very best in survival horror, 3 thumbs up.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SelenicMartian posted:

I think he got calmer after shooting his first clown.

He apparently got the calmest when he thought he got stuck in furniture and thought he broke the gem, aka the only time of peril in the video.

My theory is that Chris, used to life of abuse under the fickle old Judge, has conditioned himself to react to adversity by being as calm and passive as possible because that's the best way to stop the blows from coming.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This game should have been released the same way The Day the Clown Cried was.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

SelenicMartian posted:

This game should have been released the same way The Day the Clown Cried was.

:golfclap:

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

You got a game where none of the clowns were evil because they're all coin flips.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm impressed with how calm Chris was while using pro speedrun strats to breeze through the game. If I was trying to speedrun my heart rate would be beating a million miles (one million six hundred nine thousand three hundred forty-four kilometers) a minute!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Looks like the devs were familiar with MDC threads, haha!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

anilEhilated posted:

What horror? Is there even any kind of danger to you?

The clown stabbed us!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Conclusion: Diaper Chris is more afraid of low-poly JRPG characters than anything else.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Seemed like it was self-aware. And it's free on Steam! I am pro-Clown House.

Clown House posted:

The game offers a small room and three clowns by far. Wait for Clown House 2 for a big mansion and more clowns!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Striking Yak posted:

Seemed like it was self-aware.

Good point. I hate the Clown House.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Hey all! Professor Todd here. This seems like a good time to talk about the topic of the day: Science!.

Science is at once both art and another class you had to take so that you could graduate with full credits from your unaccredited LHS(local high school). And, as a Professor I Professionally do science all the time! I confess that more than once I've professed to make a mess with...weird science.

An important subject when you're getting ready to perform science is safety. And with that, let's jump right into what our good Honorably J Reinhold, OHMSS, DDS, AS has been presenting us.

There's a few things you're going to need if you want to independently verify the results as obtained by the friendly lab ape known as the Diaper. Firstly!! You'll need some condoms...no, not for that! You're going to be much too busy observing your hypothesis for anything like that! Trust me, I'm a Professor of this stuff. You need them to protect your controller from the sweaty, greasy loving hands of your chosen subject. Apply them over the handles and stretch the ends to fit over the joysticks. That should keep any monk(ey)-gunk(y) from getting stuck in your limited edition Xbox 1 Pro Controller now available.

Secondly, a test subject. They're free! Go out and grab one!

Thirdly but not leastly, a sweet gaming rig.

Well that's all I've got time for on this public access computer. I'll see you next time on Todd's Technical Talks. There's a homeless man waiting to use this computer so he can masturbate to pictures of celebrities!

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
You should know this game is merely simulating Clown School.

It's how all clowns learn to clown.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shouldn't you guys have a non-horror game as a control?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Is it legal to name your game studio Aslan and have the logo be a lion? Like I couldn't start a company and call it Mickey Mouse Dot Com

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Lizard Wizard posted:

This is true. Without a control, the results of these games are statistically meaningless.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bhlaab posted:

Is it legal to name your game studio Aslan and have the logo be a lion? Like I couldn't start a company and call it Mickey Mouse Dot Com
It's literally Turkish Chinese for "lion". Lewis was obviously a fan of clowns and houses.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 2, 2015

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

IronSaber posted:

This is true. Without a control, the results of these games are statistically meaningless.

Isn't that what the baseline images did? We have observed the heart rate at rest, when exposed to stimulating images with an established pattern history and then during test conditions.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't know about you, but I've had more than a few nightmares start off with rubbing down a hunk.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ramos posted:

I don't know about you, but I've had more than a few nightmares start off with rubbing down a hunk.

Then they should still play it. :eng101:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

Then they should still play it. :eng101:

This article here http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/25/9398677/rinse-and-repeat-creator-speaks-out-against-twitch-after-ban leads me to believe this is one of them "making a point things" and that isn't what we're about. At least not without some of that $$$$$$$$$$$$$ (money).

muike posted:

Hey all! Professor Todd here. This seems like a good time to talk about the topic of the day: Science!.

Science is at once both art and another class you had to take so that you could graduate with full credits from your unaccredited LHS(local high school). And, as a Professor I Professionally do science all the time! I confess that more than once I've professed to make a mess with...weird science.

An important subject when you're getting ready to perform science is safety. And with that, let's jump right into what our good Honorably J Reinhold, OHMSS, DDS, AS has been presenting us.

There's a few things you're going to need if you want to independently verify the results as obtained by the friendly lab ape known as the Diaper. Firstly!! You'll need some condoms...no, not for that! You're going to be much too busy observing your hypothesis for anything like that! Trust me, I'm a Professor of this stuff. You need them to protect your controller from the sweaty, greasy loving hands of your chosen subject. Apply them over the handles and stretch the ends to fit over the joysticks. That should keep any monk(ey)-gunk(y) from getting stuck in your limited edition Xbox 1 Pro Controller now available.

Secondly, a test subject. They're free! Go out and grab one!

Thirdly but not leastly, a sweet gaming rig.

Well that's all I've got time for on this public access computer. I'll see you next time on Todd's Technical Talks. There's a homeless man waiting to use this computer so he can masturbate to pictures of celebrities!

Thanks, professor!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I hereby recommend SCP: Containment Breach and Paranormal.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

One of the most stress-inducing things of modern life is interviewing for a job. But not all is at it seems...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This game didn't do well for my job interview anxieties... Good thing I've got a job.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

judge reinhold posted:

One of the most stress-inducing things of modern life is interviewing for a job. But not all is at it seems...

How did you already get the new season of Black Mirror?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

I really like how this game failed at every singe thing it tried to do, made me think about my life in a new way.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think the highest heart rate was while getting angry about Link.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The question you couldn't hear was "Would you rather die a hero or live a long life?" Not that it mattered in the end; it didn't look like the production values were high enough to support trying to steer you towards admitting to being one of multiple famous murderers/assholes in history which is the only way you could make this idea halfway involving.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Can't wait for the sequel, The Exit Interview, where it is revealed that the game is still terrible

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My question is, why does it say that Chris has a BPM of 61 while resting even though he usually stays in the 70-75 range for most of the video? Is the mere act of LPing enough to raise his baseline by 10+ points?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Wanamingo posted:

My question is, why does it say that Chris has a BPM of 61 while resting even though he usually stays in the 70-75 range for most of the video? Is the mere act of LPing enough to raise his baseline by 10+ points?

From the Fitbit FAQ:

HOW IS RESTING HEART RATE MEASURED?

Resting heart rate refers to the heart rate measured when you’re awake, calm, comfortable, and have not recently exerted yourself. Your tracker estimates your resting heart rate by measuring your heart rate while you’re asleep and while you’re awake but still during the day. Therefore, for best accuracy, wear your tracker to sleep. Note that your minimum heart rate during sleep is typically lower than your resting heart rate.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

From the Fitbit FAQ:

HOW IS RESTING HEART RATE MEASURED?

Resting heart rate refers to the heart rate measured when you’re awake, calm, comfortable, and have not recently exerted yourself. Your tracker estimates your resting heart rate by measuring your heart rate while you’re asleep and while you’re awake but still during the day. Therefore, for best accuracy, wear your tracker to sleep. Note that your minimum heart rate during sleep is typically lower than your resting heart rate.

So has he been wearing it to sleep for the sake of the LP?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Bemis posted:

So has he been wearing it to sleep for the sake of the LP?

Diaper decided to take his fitness into his own hands and bought a fitbit a while ago. He tells me regularly about how much water he drinks, his step count, etc. I warn him that only nerds are fit now and women want the dad bod, but he says that since he's married he can let himself go, which in today's crazy world means becoming an Adonis, which again is not preferred by society.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Going to Wal Mart has been a real treat ever since the new beauty paradigm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold posted:

Diaper decided to take his fitness into his own hands and bought a fitbit a while ago. He tells me regularly about how much water he drinks, his step count, etc. I warn him that only nerds are fit now and women want the dad bod, but he says that since he's married he can let himself go, which in today's crazy world means becoming an Adonis, which again is not preferred by society.

Sounds like he's really 'gamifying' his life. Tell him that if he does more recording sessions a week he'll get a fitbit achievement

• Locked thread