Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Seagull posted:

sick meme, did you cut that section from the video?

No, refer to the map of memes the game provides:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I suspect, Judge, that you were supposed to go back and talk to the dev's self-insert again, for that Zalgo thing.

bhlaab posted:

ok so I know this thread isnt the most appropriate place to ask about this but i already told my parents and they actually started trying to talk to me about like medication so i definately cant go to the police about this even though jerry is like my best friend. just please believe me because its true i need advice on this real bad.

ive been friends with jerry since preschool. we're in hs now and we kind of grew up together. now ive always kind of been a slacker but jerry like never misses a day of school. except for when he got one of his livers removed in 5th grade he just never has, and even then I knew about it six months ahead of time. so when jerry missed two straight weeks of school and i didnt hear a peep from him i got really concerned, especially since ive always been close with his mother, at least as close as a 15 year old kid can be with his best friends mom without it being weird.

so the next saturday i ride my razor scooter over to jerrys house to see what's up. i ring the doorbell like 3 times but nobody answered. i know this is wrong but i was worried about jerry so i start to look into the windows and stuff and i see someone moving around in there. it kind of looks like jerrys dad but that doesnt make any sense because his father died when he was in 3rd grade. so theres just this strange guy laying on the couch of jerrys living room and since jerrys been gone for weeks my mind starts to panic i think "did this guy kill jerry and his mom" or something like that, i don't know, and i made a stupid choice i get it and i busted the window and jumped in saying "where the h*** is jerry! what did you do to him!"

but then i take a look at who is on the sofa. its jerry. but its not him too. his body is different. it was older and flabbier. and he didnt have a shirt on and i could see that where he had a scar from getting one of his livers removed, but he didn't have the scar. ok this is going to sound crazy but his dad had a very unique body shape, and i could swear... no nvm i dont want to think about it.
i tried asking jerry what is up and its like im not even there he just keeps saying "coffee" "coffee". it was like he was dead but could still talk. i tried everything, tears in my eyes though, i went home. thats when i tried to tell my parents and i even got them to go to to jerrys house with me but he wasnt there anymore. in fact all the furniture was there. my parents said he must have moved away, but i saw him. after a while i stopped pushing it because they started saying i had manic depression or worse.

so the only thing i could do was log onto aol and search for "coffee". i expected to just get a bunch of stuff about lattes and espressos and cafe crema and cappucinos and mocha and frappes, but the first result was actually a minecraft lets play on youtube. its weird that it was the first result because it had zero views but i clicked it and it didnt really give me a whole lot of information but it was sort of weird. i mean it was just a regular minecraft lets play by some assholes but like the quality was kind of strange. it was HD but also looked worse than 240p and the colors were off. this is going to sound strange but i saw colors in the video that ive never seen before. i'd link to the video but ive since tried to find it and couldnt. all i find is stuff about cafe au lait and affogato and turkish blend and cortado.

but ever since i watched it ive been feeling kind of hungry all the time. ive just been eating and eating. my dad says its part of depression but thats easy for him to say hes actually been losing weight really fast and he doesnt even work out.

you guys seem to know about spooky stuff so i hope you can help coffee and maybe i can find coffee what happened to jerry. thanks, ill try to stick around but im just coffee hungry

W-was there hyper-realistic blood? :ohdear: DID A SKELETON POPPED OUT? DID IT!? :stare:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You guys were so close to the end, but I guess you were driven too insane to do anything else.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

azren posted:

I suspect, Judge, that you were supposed to go back and talk to the dev's self-insert again, for that Zalgo thing.

You were right! Here's the exciting conclusion!

pretend i put an Amy Winehouse song in at the end. Let's say "Tears Dry On Their Own".

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 24, 2015

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Why would you need to put in a song at the end? The game takes care of that itself.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Crepepasta

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol Amy Winehouse, I remember when she died.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
This video took the Coffeemen to new levels of inability to solve basic puzzles. It's a meme game for children! And yet still the best game we've seen so far. I'm going to look up some of these scary stories now.

Were you meant to go back and talk to that kid? Or pick option 2? I think you guys just kept picking 3.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Striking Yak posted:

This video took the Coffeemen to new levels of inability to solve basic puzzles. It's a meme game for children! And yet still the best game we've seen so far. I'm going to look up some of these scary stories now.

Were you meant to go back and talk to that kid? Or pick option 2? I think you guys just kept picking 3.

Yes, it's been added to the OP as well:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

judge reinhold posted:

No, refer to the map of memes the game provides:

That would have been much better than what we got

azren
Feb 14, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

That would have been much better than what we got

Only insofar as the memes present are more 2015 than the actual game.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Inkagames.com has a mind boggling number of these games. A full quarter of them focused on Obama.

Its like being invited into a crazy person's house. You walk in, see no furniture and 8 rescue bunnies. Your host is waiting for compliments as you process an emotional mixture of terror and awe.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Inkagames.com has a mind boggling number of these games. A full quarter of them focused on Obama.

Its like being invited into a crazy person's house. You walk in, see no furniture and 8 rescue bunnies. Your host is waiting for compliments as you process an emotional mixture of terror and awe.

"I'm glad you're doing so much to help those rescue bunnies, I just hope you are taking good care of yourself, too." :shobon:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

The horror finally reaches horrific levels this time!

The Men Drinkin' Coffee play some kind of hit game from 2012 or so and fight aliens just in time for the X-files reboot.

Also, join us https://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee Wednesday for two experiments!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'll let you know Lowtax managed to solve the riddle of the Horrific Horror without breaking a sweat.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I"m pretty sure the term "copypasta" came up in computer science, to refer to the way people tend to lazily copy and paste until their program turns into spaghetti code. It probably evolved into "creepypasta" when someone noticed how often the Microsoft clipboard pastes something completely different from what you told it to copy and wrote a horror story about it pasting "I will kill you" or something stupid like that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Close, it was more due to the fact that people on older boards would go around copying and pasting horror stories. A bit of cross pollination there.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It was wise of you to schedule the stream around the world series, which many tasters are sure to watch.

After all, the Mets and Royals are such titans in the field of.... Baseball?!?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Where did the heartrate monitor go for the SCP video?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It blinked.

Cant wait to see them play Luscious 2.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Umm the alien killed it. Are you spooked? It broke a UI element. That's pretty terrifying. How did it do that?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
if the coffee blokes aren't going to stay up to the standard for data collection maybe my analysis will have to be trash garbage too

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
i giggled a little everytime you said Mike Hawk. I wonder if the pun was intentional.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate the baselines.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Seagull posted:

if the coffee blokes aren't going to stay up to the standard for data collection maybe my analysis will have to be trash garbage too

The thing I like most about the tasters is this: they keep us honest!

Here's a re-uploaded video with the Fitbit. There's nothing else different, so don't even bother watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAOixJRCxjU

simonwolf
Oct 29, 2011
Don't let the "haters" get to you, ju'je, they're just trying to justify their dry cleaning bills after they got thoroughly "spooked" by that terrible SCP game.

When's the next Men Quaffing Elixirs dropping, by the way, I can't get enough of listening to one exasperated GM (that stands for "game maestro") and three players who do not wish to be there.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

simonwolf posted:

Don't let the "haters" get to you, ju'je, they're just trying to justify their dry cleaning bills after they got thoroughly "spooked" by that terrible SCP game.

When's the next Men Quaffing Elixirs dropping, by the way, I can't get enough of listening to one exasperated GM (that stands for "game maestro") and three players who do not wish to be there.

It's comin'. Just sit back and let the content come to you, my man!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
All LP's should get baselines, really.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Why do you have a vat of acid judge

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

PrinceRandom posted:

Why do you have a vat of acid judge

Everything turned out ok. Here's the video of the aftermath: https://www.facebook.com/jokes014/videos/434256616774908/ the skeleton is definitely dancing to Watch Me and not Thriller.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Oh man, I've played most of these games on my stream during my Bad Game Theater segment. Nice to see them taken into an experiment of most important science.

Should you need MORE science, here is a bundle of lovely games I have also done self-experimentation with https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/nightmares-bundle

i can confirm they all are Most Scary Experiences (except for The Path, which is some arthouse bullshit rape fantasy you should skip at all costs).

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
I wish you would have tried the door behind the desk that holds the shotgun in horribly horrific horror.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

It's too bad you're ending this thread with the stream

The Troma Project
http://store.steampowered.com/app/279640/
WARNING: Originally completed in the year 2001 this game was never released. It contains extensive swearing, rude language, sex, crime, splatter Horror - everything what was not acceptable for a Video game 15 years ago. If you play this game, please do not take anything too serious.

The Troma Project is the exciting turn based strategy game which puts you in the world of Troma and Toxic Mayhem! Featuring The Toxic Avenger, Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. and Super Tromette Tiffany Shepis, Toxic Mayhem is the fun and addictive game which allows players to mindlessly kill anything and everything that moves! And, at the beginning of every mission, Lloyd Kaufman will give you advice on how to get through it! Toxic Mayhem is the greatest video game since Toxic Crusaders for the Sega Genesis and Nintendo! Features: Turn-based Strategy featuring The Toxic Avenger and Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD! Seven chapters full of Fun & Gore! Be prepared for a long journey across the globe: Travel to Tromaville, Arabia, Motumbuland and other strange places! Meet Nelson MacMengele and dozens of other hosed up enemies! Amazing interactivity: go after hundreds of Tromatic weapons, drugs and other useful items. Mix your own drinks! Use your inventory to mess around with your equipment, make target-shots and blow up cars! Check out the Tromatic movie cutscenes in full-screen blood & gore while you follow the thrilling storyline to its dramatic conclusion! More than 25 tracks of music, featuring Nevermore, The Loose Nuts, songs from famous TopWare games and Troma movies, and many more!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
That looks good, but we gotta get this out there before Halloween!

Also,

https://t.co/BGytLQ2D1M

No Internet Name Anthony puts on his best NPR voice and uses his computer from 1997 to try and defeat SC

No Internet Name
Aug 13, 2012
Dear bhlaab,

I would legitimately play that game...without a drop of irony (except of course for the intended and intentional irony).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

judge reinhold posted:

That looks good, but we gotta get this out there before Halloween!

Also,

https://t.co/BGytLQ2D1M

No Internet Name Anthony puts on his best NPR voice and uses his computer from 1997 to try and defeat SC

I represent a big Hollywood video game studio, I saw your work kids and I think you've got what it takes to make the next creepypasta video game of the season. The coders are already working round the clock on the assets and we've got an endorsement deal from notable "let us player" markplier, I just need you to write a 200 page treatment on lore. We can have this baby in early access ready for purchase on steam by Halloween, we're predicting huge gains with the tweens demographic.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
We're live! https://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Aww man, I just found the perfect game for this great experiment, but it's too late. :(

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
It is strange to see Chris actually know how to play a game without being yelled at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Bemis posted:

It is strange to see Chris actually know how to play a game without being yelled at.

I yelled at him in advance.

• Locked thread