Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I want anime soldiers. Make your games more anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't there a CK2 mod that replaces rulers with anime girls?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

I guess you might be waiting for it to be released, but remember there's a big rework of the Random New World generator in progress, so CoP should be more appealing to use/buy when it's done.

It's gonna be so rad.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I just want the counters so I can play HoI4 without my computer exploding from too many moving 3D models.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I just want the counters so I can play HoI4 without my computer exploding from too many moving 3D models.

Have you considered upgrading from your Voodoo 2 card?

(3D models are not what slows down our games)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

gradenko_2000 posted:

Isn't there a CK2 mod that replaces rulers with anime girls?

Oh yes

I think there also used to be a Touhou mod, which is... are there even maps of Gensoukyou?

e: Actually, hey, this mod has a consistent art style for all ethnicities! I wish vanilla could pull that trick off.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

podcat posted:

pretty sure that was a joke, but yeah we dont have a nato counter DLC :D (or do we! :dukedog:)

The level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new NATO counter DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

quote:

For the alien creature designs we aim fairly high in terms of scope. We wanted as much variety as possible, and for the player to find many new aliens each new session they played. We have tried to make them as varied as possible, but there are of course some constraints. For instance, they all are sentient creatures who in the end were able to one way or another develop tools, technology and finally spaceships. So they probably have some sort of extremities with which to grab items, be it tentacles or fingers, but it is rather hard to get around this of you want to escape your planet.

sell outs.

not buying this "game" until I can wage war on limbless sea sponges who have no concept of space, war, or love.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Mantis posted:

sell outs.

not buying this "game" until I can wage war on limbless sea sponges who have no concept of space, war, or love.
That's specifically rival space empires. I think they are on record that research events can include non-spacefaring local creatures and civilizations. So even if there's no sea sponge events in the base game it should be a fairly simple event mod.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Autonomous Monster posted:

Oh yes

I think there also used to be a Touhou mod, which is... are there even maps of Gensoukyou?

e: Actually, hey, this mod has a consistent art style for all ethnicities! I wish vanilla could pull that trick off.

That honestly doesn't look that bad. I'm sure there's horrific anime waifu bullshit mods out there but that just looks fairly neat, IMO.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zedprime posted:

That's specifically rival space empires. I think they are on record that research events can include non-spacefaring local creatures and civilizations. So even if there's no sea sponge events in the base game it should be a fairly simple event mod.

I think I remember one interview saying that you could even play a part in raising up pre-spacefaring races to be spacefaring races, which sounds pretty cool.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
The thing that baffles me about Stellaris is that the time ticks are like two hours long. I think they were stated as ten a day.

Which is weird to me.

I mean, I get its an abstract measurement, but given your building a huge interstellar empire I was picturing time ticks as being days at a minimum or even weeks or months.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

I think I remember one interview saying that you could even play a part in raising up pre-spacefaring races to be spacefaring races, which sounds pretty cool.

laffo like I'm not just gonna conquer the primitive fucks

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Agean90 posted:

laffo like I'm not just gonna conquer the primitive fucks

Canceling my pre-order if I can't use pre space faring species as a luxury food resource.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

ulmont posted:

The ability to put individual buildings all over your empire, instead of assigning spending priorities by slider, sounds like a great feature until it turns into micromanagement hell.

I agree MoO1 feels less bloated, and much more its own game rather than sci-fi-skinned Civilization.

This. MoO1 style planet management has a few advantages, one of which is that it's so easy to automate that the AI can also do a great job optimizing their planets.

Distant Worlds almost gets close, but the low taxes = massive pop boom combined with no settings to have super low tax on worlds that aren't maxed out combined with high taxes on maxed out worlds is its own level of micro hell.

I just want a space game where setting up a planet is as simple as a few clicks, and the grand strategy involves the mix of planets that you devote to various areas at different times. Most space games end up with the player in control of 30-40 worlds, and microing each planet's output is a nightmare.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Fintilgin posted:

The thing that baffles me about Stellaris is that the time ticks are like two hours long. I think they were stated as ten a day.

Which is weird to me.

I mean, I get its an abstract measurement, but given your building a huge interstellar empire I was picturing time ticks as being days at a minimum or even weeks or months.

The tick rate hasn't been looked at in a while, it happens to be functional for dev purposes. We'll be tweaking it, but I can't promise that it's temp because 10 ticks per day might turn out to be the magic number. :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Wiz posted:

Have you considered upgrading from your Voodoo 2 card?

Oh haha I get it, I must be using a Windows 95 computer still :rolleyes:

I'm not Johan.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

LordMune posted:

The tick rate hasn't been looked at in a while, it happens to be functional for dev purposes. We'll be tweaking it, but I can't promise that it's temp because 10 ticks per day might turn out to be the magic number. :v:
It sounds weird because the longest existing Paradox game is CK2 which runs for less than 700 years, so people are reasoning that if a Stellaris game takes about the same number of ticks you're going from your first colony to galactic domination in 70 years.

Of course there's no way to combine a more "realistic" time frame with battles that last multiple ticks, but EU and CK go the other direction with battles that last for weeks so people are used to that.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 29, 2015

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LordMune posted:

Is this because space battles are supposed to resolve quickly (i.e. measured in days or hours) like HOI rather than slowly (measured in weeks or months) like in EU?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

AdjectiveNoun posted:

That honestly doesn't look that bad. I'm sure there's horrific anime waifu bullshit mods out there but that just looks fairly neat, IMO.

It did have a hilarious bug at one point where people's eyes would show up way off the portrait of they were certain cultures thanks to a conflict with a portrait pack dlc.

The anime mod is kind of ugly (I don't dismiss anime out of hand, but that particular one is not good), but I think a "portrait" style mod that made them all look like medieval paintings would be cool.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The anime mod is kind of ugly (I don't dismiss anime out of hand, but that particular one is not good), but I think a "portrait" style mod that made them all look like medieval paintings would be cool.

So, a CK1 portrait pack then? :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Mantis posted:

sell outs.

if i can't pretend i'm generalissimo zapp brannigan then i'll eagerly anticipate to cancel my pre-order.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

Canceling my pre-order if I can't use pre space faring species as a luxury food resource.

I will be honestly disappointed if I can't play like cartoonishly evil space invaders from cheesy sci-fi

Reminds me of that one rts game that had a race that were basically war of the world style invaders so they could literally harvest humans for resources, loving owned.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm very eager to deploy all the might of my interstellar empire to dicking around with some primitive shitlords who still think FTL is impossible. I want to genetically manipulate them so that privileged people give birth to historically oppressed groups, like if rich white people IRL started having black babies out of nowhere. I want to fling an asteroid at the capital of their largest empire and see what happens. I want to put a terraformer in orbit and start stealing all their air. I want to funnel suitcase nukes into the hands of their most vicious terrorists. I want to arrive and make broadcasts about how we're going to help this world and gift them technologies that will solve 80% of their ills and then ignore the intelligent simian species completely, don't even react to them, while we uplift and civilize lobsters. Or to engineer a loving gigantic lobster and unleash it upon them, and keep throwing more and more kaiju at them.

Paradox I better be able to be the biggest dickhole imaginable to these assholes :colbert:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Mantis42 posted:

I want anime soldiers. Make your games more anime.

Yes - paradox should replace all soldier, ship and plane models with anime girls, and then replace all the anime girls with rugged 19th century Europeans because paradox games are historical and there are no women in history. (Also, when they do the models of 19th century Europeans they should remove anyone with a skin tone darker than khaki. )

:spergin:

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Ghetto Prince posted:

Yes - paradox should replace all soldier, ship and plane models with anime girls, and then replace all the anime girls with rugged 19th century Europeans because paradox games are historical and there are no women in history. (Also, when they do the models of 19th century Europeans they should remove anyone with a skin tone darker than khaki. )

:spergin:

They should go full Shakespeare and make all of the females be males in really lovely costume. It's period, guys :spergin:

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Sounds like a great idea for a portrait mod.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Paradox I better be able to be the biggest dickhole imaginable to these assholes :colbert:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

I'm very eager to deploy all the might of my interstellar empire to dicking around with some primitive shitlords who still think FTL is impossible. I want to genetically manipulate them so that privileged people give birth to historically oppressed groups, like if rich white people IRL started having black babies out of nowhere. I want to fling an asteroid at the capital of their largest empire and see what happens. I want to put a terraformer in orbit and start stealing all their air. I want to funnel suitcase nukes into the hands of their most vicious terrorists. I want to arrive and make broadcasts about how we're going to help this world and gift them technologies that will solve 80% of their ills and then ignore the intelligent simian species completely, don't even react to them, while we uplift and civilize lobsters. Or to engineer a loving gigantic lobster and unleash it upon them, and keep throwing more and more kaiju at them.

I want to serve man.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I'm all about playing the worst space-dicks, so I support these ideas.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

LordMune posted:

I'd like the see the time system be more abstract anyway.

Like the game starts on 1.1.1 (cycle.pulse.tick)

For every 10 ticks pulse increments 1, for every 10 pulses cycles increments 1. (Or something clean and decimal like that)

Get away from having it start in the year 2200 (*cough* A.D. *cough*) and be in terms of years/days and just be a abstract time system. This will help with my immersion in realizing I've built a massive interstellar empire in 37 years (137,050 ticks).

Refer to cycles in game, not years. Maybe they're a year long, maybe not. It's abstract.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I hope the game has space elves so I can have no moral qualms about running massive space gulags with only them in it and have them be the cannon fodder in my ground forces.

God drat this game is going to own even if it only delivers on 1/10 of the content.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

if I can't be an anime villain and betray my federation so that I can turn us all into energy beings or some other stand-in for eastern religious nirvana or whatever just because I personally have issues with interpersonal relationships then I too will not be playing stellaris

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I want my entire empire to fall apart because the people decided to elect a Slow Inbred Indulgent Wastrel as President-for-Life and I defunded the military so they can't stage a coup.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Adequate posted:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

One of the things I really liked about GalCiv was the Good/Evil decisions you could take, whereby you could either help the non-spacefaring natives of the planet you've colonised into your empire and allow space for them, or decide that they are delicious with a side of salad.

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...
So I just started playing Kaiserreich (and Darkest Hour) for the first time. I'm trying to get a CSA game off the ground but I dunno if I'm supposed to manually tag-switch/reload a save when ACW2 kicks off or if I just keep loving up the event chain and ending up stuck as the USA under MacArthur. Fuckin Syndicalist revolution, how does it work?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Frontspac posted:

So I just started playing Kaiserreich (and Darkest Hour) for the first time. I'm trying to get a CSA game off the ground but I dunno if I'm supposed to manually tag-switch/reload a save when ACW2 kicks off or if I just keep loving up the event chain and ending up stuck as the USA under MacArthur. Fuckin Syndicalist revolution, how does it work?

Yeah, manual save and reload is the only way. In fact, the only way to actually avoid the civil war is to elect Curtis, negotiate with Reed and assassinate Long - with any other option, the civil war will kick off, and if you elected either Long or Reed, they will with 100% accuracy get kicked out by MacArthur.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, manual save and reload is the only way. In fact, the only way to actually avoid the civil war is to elect Curtis, negotiate with Reed and assassinate Long - with any other option, the civil war will kick off, and if you elected either Long or Reed, they will with 100% accuracy get kicked out by MacArthur.

And this makes the whole thing sound so very boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Can you elect Brother Leader Huey Long?