Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lady Radia posted:

no one is asking folks anything? What

DrSunshine posted:

Paradox Goons: Have you witnessed anything like this in your meetings and teams? Do you have women employees in your team? What do you do to include their input?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

quote:

as recommended by Paradox staff unions

That’s the lesson that no American studio employee base is going to take from this.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

idhrendur posted:

Huh, that would mean my compilers class lied to me so many years ago. The instructor indicated it was all about lexx and yacc. Though we do better than the other session that was hand-writing tokenizers. Theirs would take tens of minutes to do that step alone whereas were sub-second.

I think the hotness these days are GLR parsers, and there are some production C++ compilers that use them. Bison can generate them. lex/yacc are fine if your grammar is amenable to LALR parsing, but doing that with C++’s grammar requires a lot of hacking around to keep extra state and so forth.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OddObserver posted:

Didn't expect category theory in this thread.

is the Bosphorus a monad?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DrSunshine posted:

I always looked forward to dropping a couple quarters into the big HOI3 cabinet. The game truly is best experienced with a joystick and a pair of plastic buttons.

It was always fun to put my replica medal of Hero of the Soviet up on the ledge to indicate that I got the next battle.