Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Enjoy posted:

Different disciplines get different managers, I was a content designer and my manager was great.

But yeah QAs had a lot of complaints

Edit: May have figured out who you are. How you doin

LordMune fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Average Bear posted:

please avoid posting any more cringe.

Might be time to take your own advice there buddy

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

I need more content designers for CK3! We've had the occasional goon success story in the past, so if you think you have what it takes (and don't mind relocating to Stockholm) please give it a shot: https://career.paradoxplaza.com/jobs/784482-content-designer-crusader-kings-iii

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Family Values posted:

I don’t know about the ‘industry’, but all the streamers seem to refer to themselves as streamers, and generally when you ignore what people call themselves and apply your own label to them it betrays a certain amount of antagonism.

There are influencers that are not streamers, and streamers that aren't influencers. It's an umbrella term, and this post is ridiculous.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

gently caress Stellaris.

no... no!!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

lol nice

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Dramicus posted:

Hoi4 gets the Gold team, that means Paradox has rightfully recognized that it's much more important than Green or Red, right?

PDS Gold was originally "Yellow" IIRC

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

I... I don't think we've hired Guilli?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Vichan posted:

9 PM CET IIRC

8 PM CEST! In 3 hours and 43 minutes. Is the start of the announcement show.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

Paradox is a serious big boy company with stock prices and shareholder meetings and an HR department and sexual harassment scandals now. Sure the thread has a few favorites to pick on but I think it's honestly more a product of PDX blowing up and hiring enough lawyers to get you fired for saying anything that isn't on the list of marketing dept. approved vague yet broadly positive platitudes. It's not like goons were any more polite and friendly 10 years ago, it's Paradox that changed from a few weird nerds making janky indie games for other weird nerds to a giant corporation.

Eh. My experience is that I've moved on to positions of greater responsibility so I'm slightly more careful about what I say/have less time to say it, but that's the only relevant internal change. The tone of online discourse absolutely impacts willingness to engage.

DrSunshine posted:

Oh that is really gross and bad. Paradox Goons: Have you witnessed anything like this in your meetings and teams? Do you have women employees in your team? What do you do to include their input?

As mentioned, certain (ill-defined) public displays of disloyalty towards your employer are illegal in Sweden, so don't take silence/obliqueness on this issue from me or anyone else the wrong way. What I can say personally is that, uh, I'm a member of the union. CK3's content design team was majority-female for a long stretch while I ran it, and I worked hard to make sure that they were heard and seen. I recommended a woman to succeed me as content design lead on Stellaris. And there are others who share my values and priorities at PDS.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Northern Lords and Iberia were both kinda badly priced to begin with imo, resulting in a situation where if they change the price only going forward, even if it were a decrease, it devalues either past or future story packs and revives this exact discussion every time a new one is released. I can see the logic, without getting into exact pricing decisions.

Still sucks for the consumer tho