Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.

zedprime posted:

If backlash on the forums stopped them they would never release another game or expansion.

I expect the bigger problem is finding some sort of expansion niche since Sunset Invasion is cool but sort of a slapdash idea/implementation. But making an expansion something like Kaiserreich is a fairly large undertaking even in the recent scheme of expansions basically being new games.

HOI4 seems ripe for this sort of expansion. I would love the poo poo out of an actual, fully fleshed-out version of the Abyss/Armageddon scenario from HOI2, which I still think was an amazing idea with horrendous execution. Seems like it would be a natural choice for multiplayer as well.

Or just Plantinean War DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
Don't know if you guys have read today's dev diary on HOI4, but

podcat posted:

Since the question will be asked about guarantees.... it's worth pointing out that guarantees no longer come into effect if both sides of a war are guaranteed by you. So this means that the nations inside the US sphere of guarantees are protected from external attacks, but does not limit internal wars between nations. This should make playing a south american minor a lot more interesting than before!

It's what I always wanted :)

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

Kind of a mindfuck to see someone deliberately picking Grand Battleplan :haw:

It really does seem like it has some competitive bonuses. The maximum planning increase, if planning is as important as it seems to be, could be huge.