Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The survey offered cyberpunk as one of the possible city sim settings and now I can't stop thinking about it.

"Consolidated Megacorp has declared sovereignty over the commercial district. Do you want to hire deniable assets to bomb their HQ?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
In case sectors were the deal breaker about Stellaris for anyone: next patch they're a static part of the map like de jure duchies in CK2, their internal economies are gone, you always have direct control over everything, and letting sector governors build to reduce planet micro is completely optional.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Bold Robot posted:

How is random new world these days? I remember when it came out it was considered kinda lovely but I haven't played EU4 in a few years now.
They eventually replaced the ugly procedural generator with a set of premade tiles that are placed randomly, so it looks much nicer but if you play enough games with it you'll start seeing duplicates.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Maybe instead of Dev Diaries they should just have someone like Jake stream the game for an hour.
They do streams all the time these days so I'm sure they'll do that once it's far enough along to be playable.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I hope it's CK3.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Don't forget that moving to 64 bit let them put about as many provinces (cities) in Imperator as CK2 has baronies. Even if bishoprics and towns remained unplayable that's a huge visual upgrade.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This week in "Imperator features I want to see in CK3," mercenaries are physically present on the map even when not working for anyone, don't teleport to your territory when you hire them, and are available based on diplomatic range: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/imperator-development-diary-7th-of-january-2019.1144406/

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

TorakFade posted:

Is this really a thing? I didn't hear anything that would make me think that but I don't follow all news closely, and it scares me - multiplayer is usually a highly competitive environment where people pile on the advantages and try to break the system so balancing for that makes for pretty bad single player, and I only play single player...
People have been making that complaint since the moment Paradox started posting about their office MP games and probably before then too. If you enjoyed EU4 for years I'm sure you have nothing to worry about

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They also said if you're curious about what year it is BC in Imperator there's a tooltip on the date that will tell you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Jeoh posted:

It would be nice if Paradox released more minor patches (and more frequently). Should make it easier on QA too.
It's actually the opposite. The less frequently you release the more real work gets done in the long run because you have to spend less time hammering the game into a fully playable state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Making the AI stupidly stubborn about peace is an unfortunate necessity because it's probably not possible to make it smart enough to know when it can't win and cut its losses early without making it easy to trick into white peacing out of wars it could win.