Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Good to know I shouldn't buy HoI4 then. :shepicide:

EDIT: Actually, I shouldn't. Not even joking. I hate the military aspect of all Paradox games. I can't even stand March of the Eagles, why would I try to play another pdox game centered around warfare?

Because greater Serbia needs you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
When I play as Germany in HOI I just disband every military division and allow glorious communism to be brought to Berlin. My conscience and education will only allow me to play video games through the lens of the proletariat.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Pharnakes posted:

Does this mean it can manage amphibious ops?

This man understands

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
We are all nervously joking about an EA take over as if it's not possible. There is a price to everything.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I have a degree in Serbian and Bulgarian studies with a focus on historical geographic boundaries.

Also baristas chat itt

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Pooned posted:

Hoi3 was a dream and does not exist.

More like nightmare. I know they have learned from it but oh boy that was an ugly launch. The pdox thread att was all pitchforks and torches over that let down.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Just as long as HoI4 is polished I don't care how long it takes.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I understand the bloat concerns as I've played ck2 since realize but gave it up after the expansion that added that ability to romance every character in the game..... And I can see eu4 sliding into that direction

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
So are we being ironic or is this the 18 month notice to pdox using freemium currency in-game?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

quote:

What could this mean? Let's see...

latin? Rome 2 confirmed!!!

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Can I get a preorder nato counter pack and beta key option?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I'm sure all soldier models can be made to look less thin, donkey sprites touched up to be more horse like, and Soviet counters added all for the low low price of $3.99 at launch.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Come on look at the business was model, this is all day one territory folks.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
They will fixed the party mandated sprites uniforms with period correct ones at $2.99 a pop. Free if you preorder I'm sure.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

GaussianCopula posted:

You just wait for when they implement the National Focus trees of some of the minors that have more combative communities, e.g. Serbia.

You only need to wait the hours after release when the steam workshop allows for mods to get your wish.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
The sketchy mods for Germany will be carefully worded, aka "historical accuracy" mod or "alt history" labels. But yeah day one they will be out there

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I don't mind dlc but I need to know what the offer is before I hand over cash, I'm not just taking the word of a business that it will be something at a later date.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
All this talk of a insane undead/ alt-history/ low fantasy dlc sounds like it could be a reason to get back into ck2 after a long hiatus. And if it pisses off the forum spergs even better.

Edit: it's a four year old game, pdox already has their money, make a kick rear end crazy alt history dlc and close out the development cycle on a high note.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Sindai posted:

Paradox is running a survey that is very interested in RPGs, action RPGs, and what makes them replayable: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/take-our-rpg-survey.962385/

Vampire action RPG confirmed. :tinfoil:

You knew they were going to take another crack at the rpg market after they folded their development project (whatever it was called). Hopefully they learned their lesson and understand that maybe, just maybe a game shouldn't need 2 dlc's to function as intended (looking at you stelaris).

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Anything without out auto-leveled loot and mobs please

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Eu4 was generally well received and the only detractors at launched screamed "monarch mana" or some bogus poo poo

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
The lengths people go to project onto the developers of their favorite games never fails to amaze me.

I mean the devs must have a drinking game for each of these forum posts, or a weekly over/under betting line

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
So Rome 2? Okay thanks for those beans

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
The dozen Vicky 3 dreamers are the most vocal, however we all know it's Rome 2 in the pipeline because pdox doesn't want to lose money.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Hoi4 is good. Fix naval and air warfare, and for some reason that air war interface and you'll be good.

Vicky can't be salvaged however

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

CharlestheHammer posted:

People are rembering HOI3 with some extreme rose tinted glasses.

Hold on as Bulgaria I claim the entire USSR and have the German AI conquer it for me, after I hosed around with the OOB for 3 hours.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I'll kickstart for whatever amount of money if I get to set the Germans tank stats to lower values than everyone else's in hoi4

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
It's is the game most deserving of a sequel, surpassing even that 19th century economics simulator

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Video games give me uncomfortable feelings about the value of a pop's life.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Bet you're regretting those Make Space Great Again hats now.

Nope that's quality banter, I'm sure professionals in this field can handle worse

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Mechanically it still results in a purge, they aren't in your planet so what do you care if space sponges end up in the care bear federation?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

DrSunshine posted:

What I wouldn't give for a modern-era political simulator where you play as a political party, and the central mechanic involved "Political tension" that you could exploit during elections and negotiations and passing laws and so forth.

Doesn't sound like it would sell very well

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Not a good look hiring a guy that has 100k of kickstarter money and pulls a disappearing act. However, don't write kick starter checks you don't mind never seeing a return on investment for either.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
It’s all 1’s and 0’s. Paradox games shouldn’t give you an existential crisis because you pushed a button on the map painting simulator.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Jazerus posted:

*stares at charles II-esque self in mirror* i'm...0/0/0?

Bravo

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
They made a sequel to Rome rather than a sequel to Vicky. You’ll never get what you want.

Edit: someone in a quarterly meeting laid out how Rome 2 would be more financially viable than Vicky 3(?).

RestRoomLiterature- fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 4, 2018

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Is there a summary of all the interesting things of the Crete lp? I don’t have the ability to pull up the original thread.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

EU: Rome, why are they doing this.

Because unlike Vickie 3, this will sell

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
The Vicky series has entered “no longer made or supported” territory and a vocal few people and disproportionate amount on this forum can not accept that.

They made a second Rome game rather than touch Vicky 3. It’s not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
The twenty of you who played Vicky will never see another in your lifetime. Accept this.

Also it’s got to be a confirmed hit from their stable of good sellers to make up for lackluster Rome 2.0, got to please those stock holders.