Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm guessing Prowess is the new name for Personal Combat skill. Anyone wanna guess what 'control' is? Something related to managing your realm, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only thing I heard of is that Arumba didn't get invited to a LAN party they were hosting and he was upset they didn't contact him to tell him he wasn't invited.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Honestly, given the sheer amount of money I have spent on this game in relation to the time I have spent, I think a sub model would have been cheaper for me if it had been there since the beginning.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The real question is how much non-content we have relative to the content.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh, I always thought Ck2 was more popular than that. I guess my own biases were blinding me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It’s vicky3

I want HoI5.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, but I cannot gently caress a rosebush in EU4.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

After several attempts of both main game and modded nomads, I still have no idea what the hell they're supposed to do.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eh, not having New Zealand is a fairly common map problem. It looks alright to me otherwise, I post, from the depths of the ocean for my actual location does not exist on the map.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also most of the 'guaranteed history' stuff in at least HoI4 (not sure about EUIV) is based around the AI making certain decisions on which focuses and decisions to take.

CK3 generally doesn't have that level of precision on what options are available to the AI at the time. The most I think they could do is give buffs to people who canonically do well in real history, but like, they kind of already do that and it still doesn't prevent weird things from happening.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have been expecting it as Vicky 3 (and having recently gotten into Vicky 2 for a mega campaign I have been interested to see a modern version of that) but now that I think about it a fantasy GSG is entirely my jam.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also they're putting out dev diaries for the next Hoi4 expansion.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of HoI4 being made to have a large modding scene.

You succeeded, game director man, beyond your wildest dreams.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

NO STEP BACK.

Really. That's the name.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Now we need an Italian focus tree.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

While I don't usually appreciate game devs trying to make funny jokes in their announcement, I did enjoy 'this is complicated, and the tutorial was vague', 'have you checked the wiki? have you checked youtube?', and 'okay, I'm looking at the forums and I think I got it now'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i had to run to the store, did they release anything about hoi4's update other than the name

They did say it is involving the eastern front in general and comes with a tank designer and logistics rework, including trains. But not much.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so everything from the already released dev diaries then

Apparently.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

VICKY 3.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mans posted:

All my discords are pinging like hell hahahahaha

Same.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

No Eu4, which is probably for the best.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hah, just noticed the people doing the talk show bit after the announcement show are wearing 'Victoria 3 confirmed' shirts.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

They're certainly saying the right things. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Here is an article about Vicky 3 and here is more specific stuff from that person from Reddit.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That's a capacity, not mana.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Can't wait to make an anarchist commune out of the USA.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

No armed conflict sounds a ton of fun. I cannot wait to get into this game

Same. Wars are my least favorite part of GSGs and 4x games, so I'm excited to see you that doesn't focus on war at all.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is and it is good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wiz posted:

So anyway, Vicky 3 confirmed

Nice outfit, by the way.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, yeah, of course. Paradox's Twitch page. Makes perfect sense.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

idhrendur posted:

Ugh, I'm terrible at copy + paste apparently: https://twitch.tv/videos/1032428222

Sweet and cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So Henry VIII is an rear end for obvious reasons, but I would like to know what you hated that much about Cromwell. Yeah, he was a religious fanatic who betrayed the ideals of a supposedly republican revolution, but I feel there were a lot of those in history.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Okay, fair. I just finished relistening to the revolution podcast about the English civil war and while Cromwell was a jerk he didn't seem like the worst person in that era by far.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

That does leave out the bits about killing the irish, but I'm still not sure that's actually a different policies from the monarchs before and after him.

He was putting down a rebellion caused by the last government's lovely handling of the Irish situation so not really all that different no.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

"Faced with the prospect of an Irish alliance with Charles II, Cromwell carried out a series of massacres to subdue the Irish. Then, once Cromwell had returned to England, the English Commissary, General Henry Ireton, adopted a deliberate policy of crop burning and starvation, which was responsible for the majority of an estimated 600,000 deaths out of a total Irish population of 1,400,000."

War and Underdevelopment: Economic and Social Consequences of Conflict v. 1 (Queen Elizabeth House Series in Development Studies), Oxford University Press. p. 51.

Cromwell can eat poo poo.

Wowzers.

gently caress Cromwell indeed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah like. Catholic Church Bad. But man wanting to divorce his wife and also kill two of them for dumb reasons and then divorce another one for a dumb reason is also bad. And Protestants Persecuting Catholics is also bad.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Paradox Grand Strategy: I don't know a lot about the Japanese Invasion of China.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mans posted:

I wonder how much Leviathan traumatized Paradox into making better decisions.

Not as much as it should have probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only 'good' response to this is just not to make video games about WWII, or other large scale conflicts in which countries did bad things.

Which isn't necessarily the worst idea, but would deprive Paradox of basically all of their big games but Stellaris.