Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

I think I remember one interview saying that you could even play a part in raising up pre-spacefaring races to be spacefaring races, which sounds pretty cool.

laffo like I'm not just gonna conquer the primitive fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

Canceling my pre-order if I can't use pre space faring species as a luxury food resource.

I will be honestly disappointed if I can't play like cartoonishly evil space invaders from cheesy sci-fi

Reminds me of that one rts game that had a race that were basically war of the world style invaders so they could literally harvest humans for resources, loving owned.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Paradox I better be able to be the biggest dickhole imaginable to these assholes :colbert:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

How much you spend on it. Keep your dudes fully supplied and max out your military spending. Also a navy. Dreds give an insane amount of mil score

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I have really good references

Your mom for example

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if redness persists more than one day, consult a doctor

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

You've learned 2 paradox games already, you're already like 70% proficient. The only major problem will be the weirder mechanics and Ui issues caused by it being an old style paradox game. You can pick up the rest by fuckin around or just asking in this thread.

and did you get a house divided and heart of darkness? Because for godsake get both of those if you havent.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lord Tywin posted:

I think they said that after you pick one your stuck with it for the rest of the game, so you will have to use different strategies depending on what you choose and what your rivals use. Which seems like a pretty cool and fun mechanic.

It sounds like wormholes are kinda of a paratrooper option.

You really have to make you your hitting a good target, otherwise you either warp into a place thats heavily defended unprepared, or you hit a target thats unimportant while reinforcements bear down on you.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Whenever I go on a Shogun Total War binge Steam starts recommending anime games

to be fair shogun is pretty anime

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

stupid bitch idiot hellfucker

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I dunno about you guys, but I play mapgames because of the atrocities I get to commit, not in spite of them. :smugbert:

The Sharmat posted:

If you're not a horrific monster that will be remembered as one of the worst people in history by the end of a game of Crusader Kings, Victoria, or Europa Universalis you are playing the game objectively wrong.

i would rather genocide the world then be genocided by it

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

verbal enema posted:

i can already have it tossed out a window! whats the diff!

I dont want anyone to think its an accident. Sends to wrong message

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Kavak posted:

Are you arguing that common economic ties help to prevent violent conflict or...?

its a jewish conspiracy joke

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So I can get bonuses to slavery?

Space-Rome here i come!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

you should get started on it and post about it in the ancient history thread.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stellaris will make a good test ground for a revamped pop system

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Another Person posted:

Oh god, I unlocked Great Wars and France pretty much immediately kicked one off against me for Japan. Me and Germany vs. France, Austria-Hungary, Bavaria (who is stronger than Germany). This is gonna be rough. Germany has been a real joke this game. They can field something like 80,000 men and keep getting rolled over by pathetic nations. I really should just ditch them and take someone like Austria-Hungary.

I am actually gonna savescum the hell out of this war just to test out Viccy 2 battle mechanics. I've never really understood them too well, sometimes I will march 2 20 stacks onto one 20 stack in favourable conditions and still lose. Time to learn why and how.

The AI is willing to micromanage its generals. As a concequence they'll have a 6-5 general leading their stack when your force has a 1-0 drunkard that was autoassigned to it 20 years ago.

Also fighting on territory you have a fort on reduces your casulties.

Finally, The RNG is a fickle bitch who will give you low rolls leading to you losing in favorable conditions.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

Vicky 3 won't actually have provinces, but instead it'll be various regions and you can apply power to fronts in these regions (or at sea) during war time.

Your green lines will gradually become more swole and beat into their red lines.

VerdantSquire posted:

this but unironically

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gotta have my POPS

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

They block movement pass adjacent zones.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

what, no majestic hitler portrait on the back wall?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I cannot comprehend the desire to purge and turn on their fellow man when there are literal giant ants threatening to conquer our frontier worlds.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

zedprime posted:

Humans were like the first race announced dude.

:vince:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

dicktator

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Takanago posted:

Just please add a national focus tree for Germany where time travelers eliminate Hitler from existence.

Put it in a patch that allows for soviet super science, British werewolf commandos, and the US to field Literal Navajo windtalkers, whos ancient rituals ward off the Japanese oni-focused offensive.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Paratroopers who dont require a plane to to launch an airborn assault.

Give them general mobility bonuses and a combat bonus in hills and mountains, with a matching malus in forests and jungles.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Well the second half of the problem is then coding it, too.

That's generally what I'd like to do, although I'd still need to give them some sort of range limitation on that as well...

Yeah im more of an ideas guy and only after a certain amount of booze

how about a nato icon that looks like a dick?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Why British werewolves, when the Nazis were the ones who developed them historically?

A common misconception brought about after the fact. The British had been recruiting werewolves from the highlands in wales and Scotland ever since the Crimean War. The nazis attempted to gain their own wolfwaffen but a combination of allied bombing, higher level incompetence, and interference from the Nazi parties own vampire faction prevented it from making any progress until the 1945, by which point the war was already decided.

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 31, 2015

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy posted:

Any game you guys play has a fail state because you're friggin' losers

your life seems to be in a fail state, i recommend a hard reset

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GSD posted:

War Plan Prism: War on Everyone. :getin:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chief Savage Man posted:

Should they throw their children or ineffective beta testers into a sinkhole to appease Satan?

recruit beta testers from the pdox forums, most of them will probably be man children any way so its two for one

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mans posted:

i wonder what food sources you can find in solaris

pre spacefaring civs are a pretty good source imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pimpmust posted:

Besides, my Panzers run on pure burning ethanol :smug:

That molotov that go thrown on your panzer doesnt count as a fuel source

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The dev diaries imply that you move up from managing planets to managing sectors of space as you grow.

How this will be done i have no idea

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sux 2 b u nerd :smug:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

That which makes money justifies its own existence

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

its not that its unexpected, it that this thread was making fun of the paradox forums for the same thing immediately before hand

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

They confirmed in the thread that the Chinese Civil War is too complex to render with the civil war system everyone else has, so it's got some unique stuff to it.

Could it be???? China...represented...better??????

Not until dlc 2 at the earliest

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Wiz posted:

Stellaris is pretty great, I stayed until late at work today to play my Goa'Uld Empire campaign.

So what's the most "wait what" level bug you guys have found so far

Edit: also good science fiction is about the interactions of humanity with new technologies and using those reaction to wax philosophical about human nature. The realism of the tech is irrelevant, the realism of the people using it is paramount

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Antti posted:

It's really hard not to get hyped out of shape for Stellaris. And it's not like they are doing anything extraordinary in terms of technology, they are simply piling in the experience they have from scripting their previous games and trying to create a bunch of interconnected gameplay systems like governors, crises and projects.

eh ill reserve hype until i see actual gameplay footage. prefereably played by ddrjake