Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The big blue blob is now a literal blue blob of hive minded amoebas lightyears across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

why cant you guys ever sperg out about cool things

why

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I hate when people talk about things I don't care about.

me too bro. me too

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

who is this wilhelm person and why are his shaving habits so important?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

You know what would be cool to go with the tech deck? Inventions. Victoria style. Tech's give a preset advantage, it can then randomly roll you additional benefits (or disasters) later on as inventions with certain pre-requisites in place. Paradox, I accept DLC royalties through paypal.

Thing is the random nature of the techs pretty much uses most of the invention systems modifiers (government type/ideas) anyway.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

What's fun is that you get huge amounts of bonus income from the pre warp events so you can set your tax rate to zero.

Once in blue moon something would act weird and your home planets population would max out then you laugh your rear end off with a fleet larger than anything anyone else can afford.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I feel ya bro, here WW2 navies for dummies

Submarines: long hard and full of seamen. Botes that sink, but can also unsink. Used either independently or as part of fleets.

Destroyers: smallest warbote you'll see on the surface. Fast and lightly armored its good at killing subs or using torpedoes to kill large botes with no support. Best used in large numbers.

Cruisers: like destroyers but larger. Not sure what the were good at, neither were IRL navies to be honest

Battle cruisers: you know what sucks? Armor. Armor is for pussies, strip that bullshit off so we can go fast and carry bigger guns.

Carrier: huge fucker that carries airplanes. Will get hosed if caught alone

Battleship BIG GUNS BEST GUNS BEST SHIP so long as there arnt carriers in the region.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

But not really because carriers were better at killing poo poo to, destroyers did fleet support better for cheaper, and battlecruisers were better at operating independently.

Admittedly I mostly only know about the pacific theater, how all the lesser navel powers fought idk

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I hope that if you do aggressive observation or try to conquer the planet, a sufficiently advanced civilization might try to resist you, XCOM-style. I've always wanted to try seeing it from the other side! :swoon:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'm sure you can never declare war and focus on internal development.

if your okay with being a space pussy and getting used as a buffer state by a real state

SPACE ROMA INVICTA

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

who is this person

Such a lust for charity

WHOOOOO

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Entire planets as national parks.

He'll never run out of things to hunt or rough terrain to drag foreign ambassadors through!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i like ship building and am glad there's an auto build option because i also sometimes get tired of building ships or just don't feel like it for a time

this opinions is my own and i am okay with other people playing their copy of the game differently

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

They're gram negative?! ffs are you even trying?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

"Ottoman empire has declared us their rival"

Sempai noticed me!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Eskaton posted:

If it paid well, I'm sure they would. People worked in pretty awful mills in the north.

Plantation owners in the south were so loving stupid that after the civil war they had trouble getting any labor because they didn't understand that they needed to pay people decent wages.

edit: also a combination of Jim crow laws and widespread discrimination meant that they majority of post civil war plantation workers were black.

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 23, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Latin? In depth racial pseudoscience mechanics for Vicky 3 confirmed

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

u say that like its a bad thing :getin:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I've had good luck stopping it as Sweden. I basically sphered Holstein as quick as possible, then laughed as the NGF never forms

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In my (limited) experience people speak whatever the accent of whoever taught them speaks. So if someone learns english primarily from the brits they speak it with a slight british accent, if you learn spanish from cubans you speak it with a cuban accent, etc.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ill make a Soviet Union mod that makes all of its ministers dress like frat boys and change their names.

Broseph Sylin', hero of the Broviet union, who seized the means of Broduction for the Broletariat

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 6, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

We were somewhere around Berlin when the drugs began to take hold

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

thread redeemed holy poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Just don't mention Collectivism! :v:

FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL IS REAL

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it's because the more hyped goons get about something the worse it is. the stellaris thread was 95% empty hype posting so it retroactively made the game worse once it was out, goons ruin everything as ususal

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Awful fancy way of saying 'automate everything and put your one general with good stats on your biggest stack' lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

fuuuuuckkkk that avs from way back when cyoa were a big thing in GBS wernt they? i remember robosexuality being the IM GAY of those threads

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

please add events for anzac

no way in hell there isnt going to be a commonwealth dlc that fleshes out anzac, canada, india, and south africa

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I dunno, i know a little about all the batshit things the UK did with there spies for d-day and im not sure how to make it a good gameplay element.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

"I'm glad we can perfectly read Mayan and Egyptian thanks to a simple analysis of their grammar"

Easy peasy! *encounters a tonal language for the first time, head melts*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

edit: wait wrong thread

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 5, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I want an rpg where the story is entirely personal. Like there is no world end I mg threat or whatever, it's just your character taking care of personal poo poo. It's why I've only ever finished F:NV once, the whole dlc plot is much more interesting than 7th Hoover dam stuff

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Didn't Dragon Age 2 do this only it was terrible? I don't know because I didn't play it because I heard it was terrible.

It was, but it was bad because it was super rushed. The fact that it was fantasy It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia owned

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Kundus posted:

Far Cry 2! :peanut:

Far Cry 2! :peanut:

Not Far Cry 2! :sadpeanut:
However, everything you want is what people hate about that game so I'd highly recommend it.

Seconding this, far cry 2 sounds like what you're looking for. It also has the best fire mechanics in an fps

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

There's a mod that dials down on the respawning checkpoints and balances the game better, but it's definitely flawed.

You can also get it off steam for like 5 bucks so it's worth checking out at least

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy posted:

It would be nice if radars revealed the fog of war

??? I thought they did though. Or at least i remeber the tool tips saying they did

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

France is my go to for when a new patch is out, the rest of the world has poo poo taste in nations

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I mostly wish they'd take y it type into consideration when placing troops. hmm yes ai put all my mountaineers down in the fields instead of up in those mountains

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gotta supply that yacht club somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao American acquisitions from the Mexican American War arnt even possible with the current system in Vicky 2