Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
iirc New Nations Mod takes the fun stuff from PDM and strips out the broken parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
You can keep your sacred cows if you just killed the sailors and 1-2 more of the other half a dozen military currencies that don't interact with each other.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Stellaris is the testbed for vicky 3

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Senor Dog posted:

Vicky, Ricky, and Vicky 2

All mostly unplayable at release with the exception of Ricky but that's an expansion.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

luxury handset posted:

all of you shut the gently caress up on this beautiful day, the 27th of Rain in the year 227

Save this for a Vicky 3 mod.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Marry a horse, same as CK2.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Now I’m imagining everytime you declare war a little pop up comes up that says but did you know war is bad? Before it goes through

DC Barbarossa spends quite a bit of time and energy pointing out atrocities, trying to get you to be complicit or at least look the other way then hangs you for war crimes at the end of the game. They also have little blurbs on most of the generals highlighting who stood up for what was right and who rolled over.

Unrelated it's the best Eastern Front game I've ever played.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Rome performance is so sluggish it's hard to even form an opinion on the game underneath. Guess I'll wait for a patch and try it then.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
There's no map mode that tells you what benefit you get from buildings anymore. There's a mode that tells you where you can build buildings but it just doesn't list the benefits because ???

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Farecoal posted:

If you're not already listening to podcasts or other music when playing V2 add the original Vicky soundtrack to V2's music folder, makes it 200% better

Not eu2 music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z59pTPDZs

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Flavius Aetass posted:

I agree. Star Wars: Rebellion is the greatest 4x ever made.

I own this on steam for some reason and refuse to play it because there is no world in which it is as good as I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Acute Grill posted:

WW2 was the wild west of Tank Design so there should be a mechanic where you can get stuck with a complete dogshit tank design that you know is bad but your factories are tooled to make it and a bad tank is better than no tank.

Shadow Empire does this very well. You devote research points to a council that designs your vehicles. You tell the council roughly what you want (medium tank, fighter, etc) and they come back with their best shot. Sometimes it's great or good enough and you put it into production, or it's dogshit and you send them back to the drawing board. It's cheaper to build on an existing model than to start over so if something is close or meh you can have them refine it.