Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I'm still rocking an i5-2500k so HoI 4 gets real slow real fast in 1940

I haven't looked or really thought about CPUs since my new i5-2500k was the top dog price/performance-wise so it's always a shock to remember it's nearly 5 years old. Overclocking to 4.4GHz helps but it might be time to think about an upgrade, especially given how much Kerbal Space Program can chug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I realise the Fallout chat is in danger of becoming a proper derail but I'm really enjoying seeing NV get some love, everyone I speak to in real life and on non-games forums thinks Fallout 3 was the bestest game ever but New Vegas was a load of boring old poo poo and it makes me want to get animated about video game opinions.

Anyway, it's really made me want to try After the End after years of never playing CK2 with anything more radical than random hordes and shattered world.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I'm getting real tempted to give Cities: Skylines another go. I didn't really feel challenged by it but I could got on board with just making a landscape look pretty with mods.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I keep being tempted by HoI4 and enjoy the thread on here but the complaints about the air/naval game being barely functional, AI idiocy and screwy peace treaties put me off whenever it's on sale. It always seems like it'll be fixed in the next patch but never is.

In a similar vein, I thought the idea random new world in EU4 was amazing but it doesn't sound like it was implemented very well.