Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Jedit posted:

He's from the EU period, sorry.

National Focus: Political Mummies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Spider libertarians: better or worse than normal libertarians?

Assuming they have a little from column A and a little from Column B, they're better.

Spiders serve an important role in limiting pests.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

What do people think of the stellaris board game that's over on kickstarter? (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/academygames/stellaris-infinite-legacy)

Spoiling my impression to give people who want to take an unshaded look at it a chance.

I'm on the fence, friend who's into board games thinks it looks cool, other friend who is deeply suspicious of 4x games (civ wasted a weekend and she's still bitter) is dubious.

It looks interesting, and the era mechanic might make it less likely to drag on than other attempts at 4x.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Staltran posted:

Which civ? The one by Trisham that's unrelated to the computer game, the 2002 computer game based one, the 2010 Civ5 based one, or the 2017 Civ6 based one?

Yes. I didn’t say her bitterness was unreasonable!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tuna-Fish posted:

I must admit I spent way too long trying to figure out how to compress the gist of that into a title.

Paradox Grand Stategy: Apple has no control over gdp or navies.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Hellioning posted:

I personally cannot wait to do a CK3-EU5-VIC3-HOI5 megacampaign.

Ah yes, we shall conquer through the ages in 2064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Dramicus posted:

This is great and all, but what reason is there to play this over the other competitors, aside from having burned yourself out on them and needing a new fix? There's nothing in the trailer that sets this apart from the 10 other games I've seen like this.

Maybe the worldgen is Stellaris and you are merely a citizen robot.