Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So I've recently bought a couple of DLCs I was missing and fired up Crusader Kings 2 at the earlier start as some Count in England. After some 100 years, I've managed to consolidate 4 Duchies and I was well on my way to becoming a King. Unfortunately for some reason the Catholic church's Moral Authority plummeted, which spawned over time multiple heretic armies, each one larger than the whole army of my realm (???). Also came across a pretty annoying bug where the Duke of Kent, despite having a 200 men army managed to somehow drag along multiple neutral armies from other countries totaling 4k troops and smack around 3 different attacking characters, including mine (those countries weren't at war with me). Oh and after all this happened, the Duke of Saxony, with his 3 whole provinces, dumped 10k troops in an invasion of England and wiped me out. So my question is - what the hell is happening with this game and is this normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I was playing on Ironman, which is why I'm slightly bitter about being wiped from the game by 10k upkeep-free event troops and I'm wondering if this is the norm in the earlier starts and if I should just ignore them all together whenever I'll fire up CK2 next time.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Play EUIV instead.

I usually do, but I saw Arumba's latest LP and felt the tick to do some more :ese: instead

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah just using the meme format, I kind of assume most people in this thread are hardcore Paradox veterans. I started out with EU2 myself, no Svea Rike unfortunately

Same, except I mostly played the AGCEEP mod for EU2.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I feel it's about time for Stellaris 3, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Try not blindly buying games based on the dev's reputation, that helps a lot.

Not... buy.. games?