Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

EU4 question for y'all. Am I really supposed to fabricate claims on all the goddamn new world countries? If I'm playing Spain and have Religious, Exploration, and Expansion Ideas, I would have thought I could just go ham on the Aztecs and conquer them unreasonably quickly. But apparently the religious CB doesn't work over there because I have so many stupid colonial nations, and the Exploration/Expansion CBs don't let me take all their stuff without fabricating on every piddly province.

Or is there a way to give my CN's the authority to war in the new world as much as they want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

EU 4 question for y'all. What should I be doing to get value out of expanding once I'm at or exceeding my state limit? I'm playing a Muscovy->Russia game right now and since I can conquer a bunch of lovely land from Oirat and those folks every 15 years I have expanded way farther East than is probably valuable. Combining that with eating the Ottomans and PLC and chunks of Sweden means I am way over my state limit (even with...Administrative? The one that gives 5 states). It feels like the marginal value of 75% autonomy 3-7 development provinces in Siberia and Tunguska (both from conquering and using my NI colonist) is pretty much zero. Do I need to be releasing permanent vassals? Should I just be accepting that I have blobbed to my hearts content and have nothing left to do except force my way to the sea and take over colonial nations for tariffs?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm sure someone will get back to you in this thread because most people read both threads, but there is a dedicated EU4 thread if you like keeping up with the game and the crazy poo poo some people do in it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725024

Your State Limit will steadily increase over the course of the game, which is cool and gives you a reason to keep growing. Having the 75% Autonomy land is better than an enemy having it, however if you dont mind managing a vassal or three yeah you can pop one out so they own the land at 0% autonomy (eventually) and get more out of it than you do.

Apparently I am really bad at finding threads. Thanks!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Hey, are there any good mods for CK2 that make the font readable? I play on 1920x1200 and the font is SO drat TINY AND UGLY. I get that my eyes are lovely, but I'd like to be able to play the game...

(It's even worse on my laptop, which is a 15" screen but is 1920x1080, so everything is microscopic. Going to a smaller resolution I guess would help, but would require me to play fullscreen rather than borderless, which would make alt-tabbing miserable. And I alt-tab constantly.)

Similar mods for EU4 would be nice too.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Beamed posted:

Epics strategy is working for devs and users alike. They’re breaking up the monopoly pretty okay-ly too. If Paradox is making this call, I trust em.

Speaking of, is there an info dump on the game I can read, beyond “frostpunk but warm”?

I think it's got much less story and much more sandboxy builder game? From the random videos I've watched it's somewhere between the Anno games and Frostpunk?