Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

If you want to play HOI3, you should get all of the DLC.

It's the first half of that statement that's operative.

I do want to play it, it's the only game of their giant line that I haven't actually tried yet. I've heard though, that just getting Darkest Hour is a better idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

BBJoey posted:

This. Darkest Hour is fun in spite of itself. The old Europa engine games are clunky compared to EU3, let alone modern Paradox games like CK2 and EU4. Darkest Hour is one of the most refined Europa games and it's still quite a step down in usability, and in addition I found that once you know the "right" way to play you're basically done because the "wrong" ways to play are so inefficient in comparison that all you're doing by experimenting is shooting yourself in both feet. Unless you're desperately jonesing for a WW2 Paradox game, just wait for HoI 4.

I ended up picking up both. In the end it was only like $15, so what the hell. Should tide me over until they release the new one.