Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
The beset way to play crusader kings 2 is to do Ironman, not get too attached to your big empire, and just embrace the game as a crazy narrative generator, like dwarf fortress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
I think it's a good mechanic, it fits the period and it opens up some clever gambits like liberalizing your country right after you take a bunch of territory to keep the allies off your back.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Dibujante posted:

Unless the problem can essentially be represented as a matrix, it's not presently machine-learnable. This is why images are so popular - they're already matrices, or if you want to get fancy, you can perform feature detection on them and get a feature detection matrix. Something as squishy as the course of an EU4 game would take herculean efforts just to develop a representational model.

A lot of people say "do machine learning" when what they mean is "do some kind of fancy AI stuff". I blame press releases about self-driving cars and the like.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Fintilgin posted:

SET NATIONAL FOCUS: +2.1% cheesemaker daily dissatisfaction amelioration rate!

But you need your cheesemakers to have at least a 60% dissatisfaction rate to introduce pasteurization!

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
It was a pretty :psyduck: moment for me when I learned that modern Egypt can't feed itself after spending so much time reading about it being the breadbasket of the ancient mediterranean.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY, TRAITOR LAND

I'm really glad that Lincoln was enough of a shrewd Machiavellian with Fort Sumter to make this guy wrong.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
"The revolution was entirely peaceful until the fighting started".

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Disappointing egg posted:

Mods, please ban for the '-ii' meme.

Some people find it humorii.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Barring some seriously shocking archeology I'm unaware of, I think you quoted the wrong post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?