Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How much does digging in even do in vicky 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fuligin posted:

Cold War DLC is a nifty idea but I can't imagine how it would work in practice, you just run into the same problem as East VS West, that postwar -> present isn't really about HoIs style mass warfare.

It is up until the late 1950s though if you just make a pure lead up into world war 3 scenario.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Don't add cold war mechanics. Just give the fans what they've been asking for decades and let us put missiles in submarines.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

Of course, then we need an event where the Soviets move in and eliminate Albert Einstein from existence...

Actually we don't. And definitely don't want it either.

E: speaking of hitler is it true blackice mod made hitler into a combat unit?

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 31, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

jfc shut up about anime

anime is my friend.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gaj posted:

And I was just about to post how I had an idea for a 1984 mod for HOI4. I can see modding tools being stripped out now.

What modding tools? 90% of modding paradox games is notepad plus and Microsoft excel.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

congrats on obtaining sex

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darkest hour is the one you want.

edit: do not listen to anyone recommending hoi3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think paradox should use Russian/Warsaw-pact symbols as NATO counters are a form of imperialism.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm not sure why you are all being triggered by nato counters so harshly. You guys know you can just turn them off right?

e: Infact I'm pretty sure they've been opt-in for the entirety of the hoi series. So there isn't even an issue to begin with.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

can't imagine why someone wouldn't instantly recognize these two images as the same. baffling, probably.

its almost as if the human brain possesses the ability to associate two unreleated things with eachother

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I was doing a hands-off run of the latest MDS mod (called PutinMod) for Darkest Hour the other day. Once the rebels annexed Syria in the civil war, the Gulf States and all Kurdish factions instantly joined ISIS, which went on to annex all other Arab nations, then Iran, and then Communist India. It was allied with Albania and Bosnia-Herzegovina the whole time and ended up being the leading industrial superpower.

Well that'd make for good gameplay at least.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Empress Theonora posted:

It's incredible that we've had so many counter posts when they're literally an option in HoI IV anyway

it's only the people who hate counters doing this.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sparatuvs posted:

In WWW they hinted at the ability to coup governments, so maybe they've made it a decision based event or something.

They also hinted at this in the dev diary about civil wars and couping governments

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-34th-development-diary-20th-of-november-2015.891939/

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

A realistic penalty to the nazi political system would be arms industries making new variations of tanks on their own and then putting them into production

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lolling at the fact the hoi4 menu has a link to a wiki.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cool and good posted:

and yet, I never see you in GBS

did... did you just try to own someone by saying they don't post in gbs?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't fascist nations can guarantee in hoi4 and even if they can the dev diaries say you need to be at 25% world tension to do so which was a problem in WWW because between peace-ing with Austria, bumping the world tension up enough doing so, and declaring war on the Czechs they didn't un-pause the game so the ai couldn't actually guarantee them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

holy poo poo are the official forums nitpicky about this weeks https://www.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

OperaMouse posted:

In HOI2 there were lots of interlocking guarantees on the Balkans to prevent something like this.

Which usually caused the game to poo poo itself if you declared war on one of them anyways.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

What's traditionally the HoI equivalent of Tutorial Island?

Germany since it has an actual difficulty curve.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also in HOI4 USA apparently has an easy time aligning to either of the 3 factions so everyone will want to be your friend if you play it multiplayer.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

Starting to get worried about the AI. Between the Soviet Union in the first WWW campaign and now France, it really hasn't looked too hot and made some pretty questionable choices.

They apparently never use the current build for streams if that makes you feel any better

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

tbf they're the only group of goons that actually plays this multiplayer so the bar is really low.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GSD posted:

also I've always thought "Union State" sounded really weird.

There should be an option to change the name to neo-america, and if you pick it all the other countries get a choice to update their names accordingly.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that mod would probably kick rear end super hard if the optimization wasn't so terrible.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

My favorite thing about that mod was that stealth bombers could wipe out airfields after one sortie. Also how it took ten years for a world war to start with that mod.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wooper posted:

poo poo i didnt know this hoi had monarch mana as well

it's somewhat more thought out this time(ie there's more than 3).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

more complicated = better thought out...?

actually scratch that there's basically only one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neobdragon posted:

They really gotta tone down on the whole naval invasion thing, in the latest WWW the AI was attempting a naval invasion every other week or something, most of the time with colonials or regular infantry.

To be fair they actually did secure a beachhead multiple times. They just couldn't hold it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

A hoi4 modern day mod should just be the super-iraq scenario from shadow-president.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Actually that might make for a good world war 3 scenario. You could have Iraq as the axis equivalent. China as Comintern and you could have the ussr be like Byzantium.

It's not necessarily realistic but neither was kaiserreich.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if a modern day hoi mod isn't a tom clancy simulator then it's a failure.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kavak posted:

I prefer the Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon/Splinter Cell Clancyverse to the Red Storm Rising poo poo.

of course not, for balancing purposes a mid 80s mod should be based off of Red Army or Chieftains.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it'd be epic except for the fact they somehow managed to break the optimization on a ten year old game.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Paradox should just make a spiritual sequel to shattered union instead of going for modern world war stuff.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

After the stellaris launch-problems, I don't know whether I should be glad that hoi4 got that delay

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Jomini gets no respect.

still mad they removed the Clausewitz vs Jomini choice from vicky 2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i think an imperalism iii would probably suck because we live in a world of pain and misery

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You should probably switch out the third screenshot with a shot of a national focus tree or something, because those are cool and that pic is from a super outdated build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Why does EUIV have its own thread

I don't want to associate with those people.

PleasingFungus posted:

i'm only posting about March of the Eagles in this thread, from here on out.

Truly a game that would have benefited greatly from paradox's dlc model.