Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Johan was also a major stockholder at the PDX IPO and the stock has increased by 600 % since then, so I can understand if he wants enjoy his cash in southern europe, enjoy more than 2 weeks of summer and do his own thing in Barcelona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

guidoanselmi posted:

I don't think anyone's going to be learning a lesson here (yet). Maybe after the next quarter call.

Let's see, the news is just starting to trickle into the stock news about the terrible reception and lack of handling about it from Paradox. I would hope that there is some sort of official announcement today since what we have seen so far have only been the terrible apology by Johan which was removed - and some half-assed apologies on twitter and talk about what a swell guy Johan is by Fredrik Wester.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
I'm quite happy that I sold off my shares in the company yesterday that I have had since the IPO, since loving up one of their flagship IPs and then not even communicating is not what I would expect from a company of Paradox's size and I think the stock will drop more than the 6 % it has decreased this week. I thought originally that I would buy back in but unless they take some more drastic measures to ensure quality going forward I think I will stay out.

Pump it up! Do it! fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 30, 2021

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
They have also been pushing their new subscription service quite heavily with EUIV - I think these debacles mean that it will be on to a less than auspicious start. Furthermore, this was also the big launch of their new studio in Barcelona and supposed to build confidence in the Paradox Tinto brand that will handle the Europa Universalis IP going forward.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Okay so some talk about how they are gonna police their forum more closely, which is fair enough. However, where is the roadmap and plan for the flagship game they just broke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So in the latest hotfix they made the following decision

quote:

The Mandala System government reform is only usable when the Leviathan DLC is enabled.

The Mandala previously had the Dharma DLC as a requirement, so now they are selling it again with Leviathan.