Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

Grevlek posted:

Why did Imperator flop so hard?

It was weird uncooked EU4 with romans at launch and appropiately badly received, but that didn't stop me from playing the tribe that lived in my area and kicking Rome and Carthage out of Iberia.

Nowadays, with the updates it received, it's for me the most gripping Paradox game. It's simple to enjoy but there are so many layers of complexity(pops, religion, culture, empire building, levies...) and interesting ideas that it's a shame it got abandoned. It also has a great endboss pressure, as you know that Rome or the largest Hellenistic Successor is going to come knocking sooner or later.

It's also the correct start date, as Phyrros of Epirus is just a young lad with plenty of time to do his crazy things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

JosefStalinator posted:

Any recs for good nations to play to learn the mechanics?

Crete is Tutorial Island. You'll start as a isolated OPM and fight to conquer the island, learning about war, development, trade and missions. Once you are done, you can start with the navy from a very safe and powerful position.