Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Can you elect Brother Leader Huey Long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gradenko_2000 posted:

A timelapse video of the Black Ice mod for HOI3 that doesn't end quite like how you might expect.

The Greatest Oldest Bulgaria

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BBJoey posted:

Also piss them off. The more militant the population is, the more conservatives in the upper house will vote for reform.

*soldiers gun down village*

"Good job, lads! We'll have that 8-hour workday passed in no time at this rate!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I avoid going to war at all costs in Vicky 2 not because I care what happens to the hordes of proles that die keeping kwaZulu off my lawn, but because the war mechanics are an absolute bitch.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

VerdantSquire posted:

Edit: This also explains why people have the same thing with the confederacy; It's possible to play the US and be able to shove the slavery bits into the back of your head with the not-so-bad stuff, but since the Confederacy was pretty much purely about owning Human property you can't play them and also not think about the fact that you are essentially fighting for racism.

The real way to play the Confederacy is to make them lose in an even more hilarious fashion.

"Preisdent Davis! The Yankees are here! And they brought EVERYONE with them!"

"...Alex, we escaped to Brazil, how did they get -"

*Jefferson Davis then looks out his window to see literally every adult male in the Union armed with a gun climbing out of canoes*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder how the new culture mechanics in The Cossacks would realistically work.

"ATTENTION PEOPLE OF SKANE, YOU ARE REQUIRED NOW TO ADOPT THE CUSTOMS AND SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF THE NENETS. YOU ARE TO TAKE NENET NAMES AND PRACTICE THEIR RELIGION. FROM THIS DAY FORTH, ANY MAN FOUND SPEAKING THE SWEDISH LANGUAGE WILL BE WHIPPED PUBLICALLY."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stellaris: I Cannot Wait to Be Syndicalist Yog-Sothoth

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"GUYS, I DID IT! I finally thought up a good proposal for Victoria 3!"

"Really? What sparked it?"

*smiles triumphantly* "Star Trek."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Great Race of Yith come bearing the good news about laisseze faire economic systems.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The best faction in Alpha Centauri were the pirates and that was because there was no real pseudo-philosophical "teenagers first Political Science" quotes behind it. Just some dudes on the water making bank.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Will HoI4 have Vicky-style flags for each ideology? Need to know if fascist France's sparkle fasces still lives on.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Time to make Scandinavia go all fascist all the time with the great state of Ethiopian Sicily as a bastion of all sorts of wacky leftist crap.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When's Gundam Stellaris mod.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

10/10 thread

quote:

If it wasn't for all of that that madness and hate, AH would probably be remembered sort of like Napoleon for trying to conquer Europe and ultimately failing

Bonus: constant and unironic use of the phrase "history is written by the winners"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tuskin38 posted:

Paradox's new office. Looks nice.

http://imgur.com/a/sHEPd

Not pictured: lobby with Mt. Rushmore-style sculpture that has Hitler, the country of France, the capitalist icon from Vicky 2, and Charlemagne on it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pharnakes posted:

Why do you have a chain link fence in your office?

It's not finished yet, printed out screengrabs of posts made on the Plaza are going to be pinned behind it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm going to make octopus Tyranids.

All are merely food to the Octyranid horde.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Groogy posted:

<3
I would have loved if they had taken any of my quotes on the Paradox forum. Like when discussion about optimizations on ck2 "Genocide is the solution to all our problems" I am a great quote machine for really lovely moral.

Write the explanation for CK2 slowdowns involving Greeks trying to castrate everybody on a wall.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I get really mad when I lose in Animal Crossing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sometimes a map game is just a map game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rule of thumb for any given situation in HoI3: The AI will, without fail, pick the stupidest option.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Beta testers are to be flown to Sweden, where they will partake in a violent and bloody ritual sacrifice to the Cenobites to create a pact that states if they break the NDA, Pinhead gets claim on your soul.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Games > Paradox Grand Strategy Games should start thinking correctly

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Return of the goofy-rear end communist flags from V2, also cameo appearance by Markos Vafiadis. Wonder if Metaxas gets his due.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They confirmed in the thread that the Chinese Civil War is too complex to render with the civil war system everyone else has, so it's got some unique stuff to it.

Could it be???? China...represented...better??????

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kavak posted:

The HoI IV AI may be too smart for its own good- I think it was Podcat that said he had to apply obscene modifiers to the Japanese AI to make it think attacking the US was a winnable and good idea.

Imperial Japan: dumber than strategy game AI

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's a noticeable subset of sci-fi fans that have a conniption at the suggestion that sci-fi is essentially fantasy in space/with robots/with cyborgs/nanomachines.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY, TRAITOR LAND

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

Let there be A and B and (A union B) = C.
B wants to leave C because A dominates C.
Since B voluntarily joined the democratic union C, B naturally thinks that it is free to leave C at any time.
B leaves C. A doesn't accept that and refuses to withdraw troops from B's territory.
B obviously feels its territorial sovereignty violated and demands of A to withdraw her troops from B's territory.
A baits B into dow'ing them by refusing to respect national sovereignty.

The rest is history and history is written by victors.

You hear that banging sound? That's James McPherson and Eric Foner smashing their heads against a brick wall.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Sharmat posted:

The "first" American revolution was peaceful?

The actual revolution of ideas about the relation between the tiny-rear end island hundreds of miles away from it's massive colonial "posession" was going pretty peacefully until the sheer tension produced by British troops in and around Boston boiled over and war were declared.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dibujante posted:

Danes are in Stellaris? Or was it just a RNG coincidence?

The Day'ne, a race of filthy slug creatures that sleep in their own filth and practice every depravity known to civilized beings.

They make this really cool building toy, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eskaton posted:

Are goons this thick, or is the joke that no one thinks that post is just a little tongue in cheek. His sig starts with "Johnny Reb".

Have you ever talked with a neo-Confederate?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Strudel Man posted:

Wait, wait, wait, you can't actually have a race in Stellaris that can take other species as hosts, can you?

Syndicalist Yeerks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Sharmat posted:

Actually weren't the Yeerks kind of already Syndicalists
Yeerk pools are syndicalist communes where everyone wants to get the gently caress out of the commune.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rare planetary resource: cinnamon-bunzuh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What year do the Space Aztecs conquer the Andalites? I want that bookmark.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In one timeline, Hitler was visited by three ghosts of Germany (Bismarck, Speer, and Merkel) one Christmas and decided to change his ways.

So he chooses to be fair and gives Poland all of Slovakia in return for Danzig. Hitler and Poland then take on the world together.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Strudel Man posted:

Hah. One of the planet's tiles was "sprawling slums." "This region is covered with vast shanty towns and slums filled with the poor and the outcast. It contributes nothing to society.

Planet New Jersey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every living creature in the universe is simply a suit of meat to wear to the Great Yeerk Commune. They survive because we will it.