Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

ilitarist posted:

Years ago Paradox were willing to rework a lot of HoI4 after they showed alpha version to people, even back then they knew they can't make any mistakes with their biggest games.

I was at this preview event and this is pretty much how it went. They put us in a very small scenario (invade poland) and it was some great visuals and promising concepts but the systems clearly weren't working as intended with Dan Lind and another developer, who I regret I cannot remember the name of, being quite enthusiastic about the parts that worked and doing small frowns about the bits that didn't. Lo and behold a few months later at E3 they publicly delay it to mid-2016.

Ironically I almost immediately afterward had hands-on with a really impressive near-final build of Cities Skylines.

Stairmaster posted:

wasn't that before they were publicly traded

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU