Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

The big announcement is gona be a comet response dlc for eu4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Athas posted:

Wait, who gets offended by calling the Ottomans "kebab"? Are there still people who identify as citizens of the Ottoman Empire? I thought making fun of dead countries was pretty safe.
It literally came from a pro genocide song and white supremacists have been saying it in reference to muslims for years now

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Lmao if you dont have serbian genocide explainer on ignore

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Hopefully paradox never makes a mobile game again.

although a CYOA style game based on ck2 could be fun

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

A cold war game would be baller as hell. Just do proxy wars until you get bored and then nuke everyone

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

SirPhoebos posted:

I want to learn to play EUIV. What's a good beginner nation?

ottomans are the strongest nation in the game

spain start off in a very safe position and can do alot.

england have a rocky start but it's pretty hard to get into a game losing position as them.

bohemia are pretty good to learn the HRE mechanics and AE management

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

V for Vegas posted:

Lol everyone pissing and moaning about PDX in this thread will buy CK3 day 1.

what even is your point here, that because people in the paradox games thread own paradox games and may buy future ones? that people who own paradox games shouldn't complain about the obviously lowering quality ones?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

picked up Victoria 2 with all the bells and whistles (dlc) a few days ago and looking at setting things up for my increasingly likely quarantine

I know HPM and HFM are the good mods that make the game good but which one should I install and why?

the mapgoons discord do multiplayer games of vicky 2 pretty often and they helped me learn a ton of stuff.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

ilitarist posted:

I'm talking about fusion of ideas that I:R needs more content and that it somehow doesn't have enough "content". This religious update adds hundreds of gods you won't notice or read descriptions, but the real change is that pantheon play as additional customization for nations and links the religious system to the expansion. Having 300 deities is nice. It's also superfluous.

imperator dosen't have enough content, that's why it had 40k players on release and has about 10 now.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Mans posted:

Mapgoons is very well moderated, has channels for everything imaginable and they're currently playing a groggy waterloo game that i can't comprehend but i love to see goons play :unsmith:

you should play it with us, because it is good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

vicky 2 is the most fun game to interact with trade because much like real trade it is just complete madness.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

you fools, it's march of the eagles 2, which will be the tech demo for EU5

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

*rushes into thread out of breath* did anyone say march of the eagles 2?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Sure would be a shame if EU4, perhaps the best grand strategy game of all time and a game long overdue for a sequel, got a sequel. There's plenty of interesting things to do with the formula and I'm interested to see where they go with it. We know there's a mapgame with a non-historical setting in development too, so I guess that's possible too.

this but march of the eagles

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

vicky is magical multiplayer because the game is already a house of cards waiting for the economy to crash and every player you add to the equation means the inevitable crash will be all the more hilarious.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TheFlyingLlama posted:

the entire point of playing vicky multiplayer is to get in first place and then completely ruin the world supply of something; iron/steel is usually the easiest but I did it with explosives once and it worked nearly as well

you can actually do it with machine parts if you start as the uk and delete your starting factory.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Mantis42 posted:

There should be an achievement for achieving Uncle Ted's dream of eliminating industry.

vicky 2 achievements would be extremely hype, someone at paradox give me the reigns and i will do the needful.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

reignonyourparade posted:

That would involve a victoria 2 multiplayer game where anyone was allowed to play as the UK though.

my take is it's okay if they plan on doing some kind of unfathomable dark magic, for example when the uk player decided to simply mappaint all of germany and gained so much infamy every day he would have millions of rebels pop up, overthrow the goverment and then the cycle would continue however he simply kept conquering germany until the savegame broke, presumably because it did not want to spawn more rebels.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

JosefStalinator posted:

Is there a go to mod to play Victoria 2 with these days? Or are people just rolling with vanilla?

it depends on what you're looking for really, there are a bunch of fun alt history style mods and a bunch of vanilla+ mods that people swear by.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

really i'd take a steam achievement compatible re-release of vicky2 and a manual that has all the shortcut keys laid out

don't forget stable multiplayer, for me and the other 10 sickos that regularly play it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

it's going to be march of the eagles 2

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

empire of sin? oh you mean napoleons empire? march of the eagles 2 motherfuckers.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

march of the eagles 2!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Wiz posted:

So anyway, Vicky 3 confirmed

not an emptyquote

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

march of the eagles 2

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

they got it pretty perfect in EU4 with spain, where in that one age with the bonus they have they are just completely unstoppable and after it ends they are just completely hilariously pitiful.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

all you need to know about history is there are losers and there are those that are bisexual and cool.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

The Narrator posted:

Is Paradox done with the mini experimental games like Sengoku and March of the Eagles? Not that I ever played them

march of the eagles 2 will be the next paradox game

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I enjoyed a random multiplayer game of imperator but I think it was more seeing someone make crimea the city of the worlds desire than anything else.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Grevlek posted:

Why did Imperator flop so hard?

didn't know what it wanted to be, didn't appeal to any group of paradox fans in particular, didn't have any cachet of previously successful games.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

march of the eagles 2 baby lets go

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

sunset invasion ftw

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

FrancisFukyomama posted:

What gaps are left in the current paradox line up? Is it just Late Antiquity?

there is no cold war game yet.

we're also waiting on march of the eagles 2 naturally

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

YF-23 posted:

They are making the name of Byzantium into a whole-rear end game rule in not!EU5. :allears:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/byzantium-vs-eastern-roman-empire.1651075/

lol why is the description so catty

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

byzoids malding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

soviet elsa posted:

How is Kaiserriech these days? It’s been years and expansions, and I mainly remember 3/4 of the world explodes into commie/fash/dem civil wars then Germany kills France then nothing happens. HoI sort of needs an end boss country.

china still owns in KR