Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

EU II remaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Birth of the federation 2

DO IT JOHAN YOU COWARD

Dont tease me like this

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Reddit Dude posted:

Full market simulation

i cant wait for wiz to melt my computer and cause my house to burn down

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Grand strategy set in homerian times

Rise and fall of the minoan empire :helladid:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

finally svea rike 3

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

trine tie in with vicky 3

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PhantomZero posted:

Vampire the Masquerade the Map Game

some weird combination of ck and vicky thats all about balancing both individual personalities and clans id be down

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the loudest sound in the universe, all thanks to Johan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdSU70HgnHk

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

picked up all the dlc im missing through humble bundle

good lord there are so many buttons now

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i mean like half the english invasions has been some fail-son aristocrat who needed to find something to do with themselves.

Canute showed up, declared himself king, and left.

The romans seem to be the only ones who wanted to stick around and look at where that got them.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

I mean the Normans definitely stuck around

I feel like "william the bastard" falls into the first category.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Enjoy posted:

Taking advantage of the recent Wizards of the Coast OGL shakeup to announce a high fantasy pen and paper roleplaying setting with integrated virtual tabletop support?

Europas and Universalisis 1.0

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Well, that wasnt very helpful.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Didn't ARA promise to do something similar to this? With the age progressions?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hellioning posted:

I like how the trailer dramatically stopped on 'Age of Rogue AI'. Playing into your audience's fears I suppose.

Paradox's Basilisk (if you don't buy our game the eventual AI that comes with vicky 4 will eat you)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hryme posted:

This youtuber (PartyElite) has played an early version and is giving an overview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AlMb55LJBg

It seems interesting but impossible to know if it is good from just some guy talking about it.

yeah, i got pretty hyped from early versions of peeps playing humankind (though not to the extent of early previews of old world, I slammed down my 50 bucks and have never regretted it for EA there) and im happy it came out on Gamepass because i was able to play it enough to get bored of it.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

I disagree

That is one of the things Oldworld got very right: units are way too slow in Civ, and not only early game. Makes war a slog and something that absurdly last for hundreds or thousands of years

I think it's less units are faster and more the orders that gives you a choice between sending everyone to the front vs building your economy. This slows down scounting so even though your scouts can move pretty far, you aren't usually dumping all your orders into them

(also stopping off to have them go bring back some elephants)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adebhvd_u2Q

Looks like its stellaris with some EU4 bits. Is this the old mod team for the star trek stellaris mod? Did they go back on their third party stance?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lobsterminator posted:

I really liked the Shadowrun games, and I thought Lamplighter looked fun, but it's not a game I would ever pay $50 for. I look forward to testing it when it hits $20 or under.

Same. Onto the wishlist you go lamplighters.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Farecoal posted:

Victoria 1 had the best soundtrack of any Paradox game since it was all actual classical / Romantic / military march pieces from the period

I actually found one of the albums they used at the local library (it was all public domain stuff)

Groke posted:

Did it have falalalala? No? Then it was second-best.

:hmmyes:

quiet drum sounds

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Tinto is Johan's division right? Excited for Magna Mundi II

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the can't find the right expert on strategic straits that you need to make a good cold war game

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ilitarist posted:

Those reviewers where experienced people who played other Paradox series, not entitled fans.

lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

inside you there are two paradox devs (Johan and Wiz)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah eu 4 was very much eu 3 take 2

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

reignonyourparade posted:

Actually, sliders good, hope this helps

:hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

usually they aren't loaded with toppings either. ideally just onion, pickle, mustard, and cheese.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i think they used to be a lot more national but they shrank a lot in the 90s

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Just play aresenal of democracy which is about to get a big update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

you may not like it but this is what the ideal map game looks like