Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Magissima posted:

Agreed, EU5 should have pops

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

ilitarist posted:

Great game, can't wait for quantum computers becoming a thing so that I can run it.

That's how I feel about Stellaris.

:smith:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I still kinda like the idea of 'Seasons'.

CK3 2021 Season has two standard price DLCs like the current model
CK3 2022 2 DLCs
CK3 2023 2 DLCs (2021 season is folded into base game, no longer available for sale)
CK3 2024 2 DLCs (2022 season is folded into base game, no longer available for sale)
etc etc

Thinking about pricing, I bought all EUIV DLC on release, which according to Steam is $40 for base game and around another $340 for DLC, so $380 on EUIV. Yikes!
Game came out in August 2013, if I'd paid $5 a month every month since release to be an EUIV subscriber it would have been
(6 years * 12) = 72 + 5 months to bring us to today 77 months * $5 = $385.

Huh.

Except I probably wouldn't have kept it active, there would have been long swaths between DLC where I'm playing other stuff and would have switched it off. I have a feeling my actual suspcription cost would have been like a third of that if I was being proactive about switching it off. Paradox games are definitely games where I'm really in the mood for them for X amount of time and then take a break for 3+ months.

If the DLC quality was good I might pay $10 a month for an All Access Paradox Pass, which is All Games & All DLC. But I dunno at some point there it makes more sense to just be picky and get the exact dlc.

Darkrenown posted:

A subscription model is horrible and means you can coast along on shoddy DLCs due to sunk costs instead of needing each DLC to generate its own sales. And production schedules will demand things ship on time no matter the quality since people will have already paid for them.

:smith:

F

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Stux posted:

oh i guess they mightve been including all the other stuff, like the cosmetic packs? that would probably explain it.

I literally just took the max DLC price at the bottom, yeah, which was $340 for -everything-, plus $40 for the base game.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Well, if the forums die from the current drama, I'm gonna miss postin' about Paradox games with y'all on something awful dot com

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
All the talk of V3 made me go back to V2, which I haven't touched in ages.

Started as USA for an easy relearning game and am getting trounced :lol:

Launched my Manifest Destiny war, but I kept getting invaded by the UK for New England despite multiple reloads, so I reloaded and bailed early on the war with just a couple states and then the UK left me be. Fine, I waited out my truce and invaded again and this time Spain intervened in the war and dropped 60 brigades in New England and :lol:

If I reload and try again it looks like it will takes ages to get enough influence to knock Mexico/Spain down off friendly. Is there any point? Can Spain just reincrease to friendly during the war and join again?

I don't ever remember this being a tough thing to pull off back in the day, so I assume I'm doing something wrong. :(

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

trapped mouse posted:

Assuming you are playing in Vanilla, when your first truce expires with Mexico just focus on influencing them, you can even stop influencing any other nation. If you go whole hog like that generally the AI loses interest. Then bump down UK/Spain to Cordial, and if you're really paranoid ban their embassy.

Also you may already know this, but if Mexico makes another ally like Colombia, they won't be able to join the war if they are sphered by you.

Hmm, okay thanks, I'll give it a go.

EDIT: OOH! I forgot the little priority buttons to increase the speed at which my influence goes up. Lots of little interface things I've forgotten.

Fintilgin fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 27, 2021

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I'm putting my money down on Victoria III.

Pretty confident.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Sounds like buying Emperor as its still on sale and playing 1.30 is the way to go, for now. Thanks for the feedback. I miss EU4 and I don't think I want to jump into any of the others as EU4 is really the one of all the modern offerings that keep me coming.

Is this the version I want?

:lol: I like that you can still revert to the Leviathan hotfix patches that did things like delete every single country in the world, leaving the map blank and destroying your save.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I play EU on speed 5 always and have modded out the 'cash in' clink sound effect so that playing the game doesn't sound like...

clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Meanwhile in my multiplayer megacampaign:

Yes, Norway is in Asia.

Wait, what's this? A full world map generator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Made by our GM, (I have my own project but its aimed at more geographically 'realistic' looking maps, I post about in the Game Development megathread) currently its just for our megacampaign but we've (the players) have all been enjoying it immensely and have been suggesting he should collaborate with Idhrendur to add it to the Megacampaign paradox converter project. I'll go tell him people here seem to be impressed with it and hopefully he iterates over it (initially its a bit buggy but I imagine those can be ironed out).

That would be cool! After 1000+ hours in every iteration of EU a truly new world to poke around in would be a ton of fun. I'm really sad that Paradox never took the Random New World just that extra bit further to do full Random Worlds.

EDIT: realistic maps are even cooler, I'll be keeping an eye on that too!

Fintilgin fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 21, 2021