Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Not sure Prussia is a good newbie country, especially with your territory spread out and the incessant influence rivalry with Austria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Arrhythmia posted:

How many wars have there ever even been which killed half a demographic?

The thirty year war approached such levels in some places at least.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Phlegmish posted:

It wasn't a period of huge technological advancements, was it? I guess they had impressive aqueducts and stuff.

What have the Romans ever done for us?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPbj9NX0zc

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Changes in who will write the imperator DDs , Trin Tragula will take over https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/development-diary-changes.1125528/

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Anyone tried HPM lately? Seems like he’s added a lot of stuff and I am curious to see how it plays.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Agean90 posted:

Im doing a playthrough as the frca, don't think I've seen any new content so far but I'm also not sure what new stuffs been added

Since I last played it he has added stuff like a debt system, cb changes, party compositions and modified the way that governments work to make them more distinct in what they can and can’t do. It sounds good in theory, at least.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tormented posted:

There was this game that this reminds me of back in the day. Where you were a gangster mob family and you would slowly take over the town only played the demo but it was really fun. It has RTS sort of elements.

It had realtime combat and I remember it having a bitching multiplayer but this was before the internet got big so no one really played.

Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Edit: Never mind its called Gangsters, another posted referenced it!

I bought that when it was released and loved it, despite never really making any headway because I was young and stupid. But I remember the thrill of setting up ambushes and Molotov cocktails bombings.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Prav posted:

i don't think victoria 2 even managed to be a better game than victoria 1:r

Vic 1 had its pros but the crisis system really added something to the gameplay.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Why did you have to talk about Vicky 2?! Now you made me go and download HPM and start a new game as Sweden... Time for the Kalmar Union 2.0.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
We all know it’s Vicky 4. They just decided to skip 3 because of all the expectations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sometimes I read Steam reviews for various Paradox games simply to find gems like these (this is for Imperator)

Extremely bad game that I've only sunk 350 hours into.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
It’s a in-depth simulation of a small Swedish village between 467-487.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ardryn posted:

It's going to be Victoria: iOS, tap rapidly to build factories faster than France so you can arm enough soldier pops to win the war for unification.

Would honestly play this

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh be still my heart. I'm ready to revolt though if they've removed the recurring newspaper reports.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Wiz said they want to make the game friendly to newcomers - the betrayal begins.

Always catering to the casuals...

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Important question from the C-SPAM gaming thread: Have you read Das Kapital?

Still waiting on the answer.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mokotow posted:

I want a Paradox cold war game. Am I remembering correctly some crazy rear end modder starting a dev studio and working on something like that before PDX pulled the plug?

Think it was called East vs West or something but I don't remember why they cancelled it in the end.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Victoria 4?!

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fintilgin posted:

I play EU on speed 5 always and have modded out the 'cash in' clink sound effect so that playing the game doesn't sound like...

clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink! clink!

Mods?!

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'll strongly recommend Christopher Clark's Iron Kingdom: The Rise and Downfall of Prussia, 1600–1947 for anyone interested in the history of Prussia. It also strongly argues against the idea of a simplistic Prussian legacy, centering on obedience and hierarchy, that formed the kernel of Nazi Germany.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
It doesn't look good when Victoria 2 has almost twice the average players online on Steam than Imperator.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
This feels like a strange change https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-changes-to-flavor-pack-pricing.1538700/
It also makes me worried about any future V3 DLCs.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
The best thing about I:R was choosing who should go to the Olympics.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
The gossip in r/victoria3 is that the battleship in the trailer hints at a dlc for the game

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

Being nostalgic for the mess that is Vicky 2 is really funny.

Sometimes you just need some years and people will change their opinions on their own. I assume the same will happen if they release a 4

I was nostalgic for V2 after putting around 160 hours into V3 and loaded it up just some days ago. Even with up-to-date mods that fix bugs, add flavor and balance the economy and politics, it’s still a lot of waiting and doing the same thing regardless of country (clergy to 2%, no taxes on upper classes, the fixed ratio of soldiers/artillery/hussars, etc etc). The there’s the event spam, the sphere and colonization whack-a-mole and a lot of other annoying things.

Like V2 is something special, despite all its flaws, and I’ve sunk so so many hours into it over the years. But there’s definitely a lot of nostalgia going on that skews the comparison between V2 and V3.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Which mod is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

RabidWeasel posted:

Someone remind me what time of day Paradox usually drop their patches on Steam, I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a Paradox patch more than tomorrow's V3 patch

They wrote on Reddit that they will start streaming 15.30 CET and that the patch drops later than that.