Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Speaking of Mobile Suit Gundam, why don't we have a Gundam mod for Europa Universalis IV like Gihren's Ambition/Greed?

Those games do have earth, low earth orbit, and earth's gravity well as three separate maps that can be traveled between and I doubt EU4 can be modded into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Magissima posted:

Yeah, you're all right, let's strip these new sources of bloat out, gently caress development and autonomy, those are just more numbers to be confused by. Give me the classic non-bloat stats I know and love, prestige and naval tradition. Institutions? No thank you, it's much simpler and more streamlined to be locked into a tech group.

Aren't autonomy and institutions free patch features?

Speaking of DLC problems I have a friend who stopped playing because they don't have much money and a gameplay feature important to them (declaring provinces to be of special interest to prevent allies from occupying land you want) was locked behind DLC and that frustrated them. I haven't told them about the diplo automation.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Congratulations Ofaloaf!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Is there a middling group of people like myself who are familiar with the game but are a little more relaxed about expanding in general? Sort of like the scenario I see when people describe playing with IRL friends: they help each other out and are pretty far apart from each other on the map.

You can ask people to get together for a more casual game. You'd still need to establish some guidelines like "all on the Med" or "all in East Asia" so you can actually communicate and attack or help each other.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'd go with a better phrased "Imperator: Rome - Not just about Rome!" I think it'd get more attention if people who are sick of Roman stuff know they can be Egyptian, Phoenician, etc.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't recall it in launch eu4. I think it got added on Wiz's first pass at the naval AI.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm way more interested in how they're gonna help me avoid carpal tunnel than how many other people are getting it from this game

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Games as a service has cause some weirdness in how a game's success is measured

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Family Values posted:

I wonder if there’s a correlation with how much multiplayer people play. I’m about 50/50 solo vs. mp and I prefer the board game style gameplay. I can imagine if I only played solo that I might feel different.

This might be part of it. I can't stand Paradox MP because the presence of other players fucks with gameplay too much imo. Real hard to debate the choices facing my nation - or even care about the concept of the nation - when I've got people who are playing like it's a battle royale around.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The game wouldn't have to recalculate logistics though, other than when armies get a new home province or you get tech/ideas that expand your range. The majority of the time, it'd just be a limit on your movement, like you had a ring of unbreakable fortresses preventing further movement.

Is this essentially the naval supply range but over land? If it was 100% within your borders (at least with no unrest) and then degraded the further you got, that could be pretty cool. It'd definitely make grabbing - and keeping - a foothold across the world far more important. The question is how something like inland seas separating territory (like in Iberia/North Africa) would function.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Manufactories also increase trade value to the point where they repay themselves much sooner than their tool-tip would suggest.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Does anyone have that meltdown post from after Sunset Invasion got announced where the guy went on about losing the ability to feel human?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

IIRC the aliens had this weirdo tech level where it was roughly "things from between 1950 and 1999 but only at their simplest points." Like they had CD players but they were only 1x speed and they got confused when humans decided to make 2x, 4x, etc CD players. They had their planet and a few other planets, as well as like two or three other species under their control which had also been at medieval tech when they encountered (and then invaded) them so they were really loving startled.

Also it took them the entirety of the war to figure out that humans transported things via water because their planet was a desert and didn't use naval logistics.

There was a sequel series set up after the peace established. The aliens are just now getting messages back from their homeworld giving them advice on how to handle the humans and it was all loving useless. The colony ships that were supposed to arrive after the military conquered Earth show up, a few get nuked, and the ones who survive are absolutely pissed at the military. I think eventually America builds a spaceship that can go to their home planet and the sudden arrival shatters their society.

I read it like 20+ years ago when I was a preteen and don't remember much. That's all that stood out. That and there was a ton of baseball talk for some reason. And yeah, they became addicted to ginger which has a side effect of sending them into their mating season early.