Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Fox Sundays at 9:30p EDT. New season started Sep 27th!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

This season starts after Carol and Phil "Tandy" Miller left Tuscon for parts unknown. Phil was kind of a douche last season, almost frustratingly so. Hopefully they turn that around this season. Also expect to see a lot more of Phil's brother (Jason Sudeikis) this season. Mainly I just wanted there to be a thread so we could all bask in the KWA joke. Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Love this show, loved the first episode of this season, Love Phil. And Carol.

Christ, what a cliffhanger.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 29, 2015

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
This was a good episode. First season was a bit rocky, but it seems like they have a good idea of what they want to do now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Well.

That certainly raised the stakes.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
After last season, I was shocked to really enjoy this episode. Cutting out the rest if the cast was a great decision, as was bringing back the best character on the show (Phil's beard). Jason Sudekis' part was fun too, although I hope they leave him in space for a while. The show is at its best when dealing with loneliness.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Going through Carol's apartment was :smith: Schaal's line "He did everything to not get the virus. He did", god drat. The first season never really went into how the characters must have felt seeing their loved ones die in front of them. Carol's room being a memorial to her friends and family was creepy, odd, funny and :smith: at the same time.

I really liked this episode. I hope the season can keep it up.

PassTheRemote fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 30, 2015

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Stealth bomber. Best show since the first episode from last year. I hope the rest of the crew is dead, except for Todd.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I liked the first season even when it was dumb, but I especially loved the first episode - and again this season is off to a great start!

The best gag was using the ol' multi-tool to open the door, missed opportunity with Abe Lincoln / Benjamin Franklin make-out (Will should have voiced Abe drat-it)

I couldn't see casting information on imdb but if you check the writers twitter feed you can tell who is probably coming back this season

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Really good premiere. Hooked me right back in after I left last seasons with "meh" feelings. So "meh" that apparently I never got around to deleting the season pass, and here we are.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I was quite happy with the premiere, I felt it had just the right amount of over the top silliness. I'm pretty sure you can't pilot a stealth bomber without a zillion hours of training, and I'm totally sure you can't just taxi it down the street.... but that's exactly the amount of suspension-of-disbelief I'm willing to give a comedy show. Here's hoping this season doesn't spiral into mediocrity like the last one did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ew, Carol is just being gross with that gas station food.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Where did he get a train from and how did he make it run?

... I should really stop expecting realism out of this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did he actually grow the beard again? That seems pretty impressive for how long its been since the show was renewed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was a pretty great cameo.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That was another good episode.

Question now is if the show can be just as good with all the other characters back.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 5, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

raditts posted:

It's actually not hard to get a train moving if you don't care about it stopping, or derailing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Well, he didn't stick around long.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This season has been really great so far. Loved the ending to this episode.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Honest Abe :allears:

I felt like they really tried to underscore how "old Tandy is dead" because last season it did get excessive with that part of him (preview spoiler; Carol getting in on some unsustainable lying though so they aren't abandoning that shtick entirely!)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The way they used "Did you get my train?" so casually like it was an email or phone call was pretty good. Really uneasy about the old gang returning. Needs more Jason Sudeikis in a hurry.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I actually just heard Informer for the first time yesterday. Wierd to hear it again in this episode.

Scinon
Jul 23, 2006
Now with 2% more atoms!

raditts posted:

Tucson has a Union Pacific railway yard. A ton of cross country rail goes through Tucson to the east coast.

http://wikimapia.org/3501071/Union-Pacific-Railroad-Yards

Loved the episode, I honestly thought this show would be tedious by now but they manage to keep it alive.

Scinon fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 5, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Question now is if the show can be just as good with all the other characters back.

It should probably work out a little better seeing as this week's whole thing was that Phil no longer acts like a complete rear end in a top hat all the time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ChesterJT posted:

Mainly I just wanted there to be a thread so we could all bask in the KWA joke.

Was the KWA joke used before in s1? I've *definitely* heard it before, because I remember laughing hard the first time. Maybe it was on Broad City? Argh, this is going to drive me nuts.

e: Maybe even Bob's Burgers?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I've been holding off on this season to see if they'd get Phil & Carol back together with last season's cast, has that happened yet?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The end of this week's episode had Carol reuniting with the rest of the cast while Phil (Tandy) hides off in the distance.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Was the KWA joke used before in s1? I've *definitely* heard it before, because I remember laughing hard the first time. Maybe it was on Broad City? Argh, this is going to drive me nuts.

e: Maybe even Bob's Burgers?

Bob's Burgers had the "what up, my knitter" line, that's probably what you're thinking of

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hm that might be it, but 'Knitters with Attitude' just sounded awfully familiar. Maybe it being such a similar joke made it feel that way. Thanks!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

Maybe my last year theory about Phil being secretly autistic about reading industrial instruction manuals was correct? I mean so far he started up a B-2 bomber and a train. Next stop: explaining to his brother how to use a SOYUZ escape pod

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Scinon posted:

Loved the episode, I honestly thought this show would be tedious by now but they manage to keep it alive.

I'm a bit unsure about things going forward since they're bringing back the other characters and seem to be back to Wacky Unsustainable Lies as a plot device.
I guess next episode will be a good barometer as to whether or not we can expect another season of that old poo poo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I really hope they end the Carol is a fake widow story with Phil's brother landing on the crazy bad Phil Miller in his escape pod.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I wonder if they left that poor cow on the top floor in Carol's house. :(

I guess if they did, they definitely would have noticed the smell when they came back.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

raditts posted:

I wonder if they left that poor cow on the top floor in Carol's house. :(

I guess if they did, they definitely would have noticed the smell when they came back.

No, New Phil got the cow down the stairs.

raditts posted:

I'm a bit unsure about things going forward since they're bringing back the other characters and seem to be back to Wacky Unsustainable Lies as a plot device.
I guess next episode will be a good barometer as to whether or not we can expect another season of that old poo poo.

That does concern me as well. They really need to develop the characters they have, or we are back at the point of Phil and Carol are good and work well together and the rest of the people are bringing the show down.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think switching it up and having Carol be the one who is telling increasingly unsustainable lies out of love for Phil will be really entertaining and completely different than Phil telling increasingly unsustainable lies for the love of himself. The main plot thread of this episode was that he really has changed and cares more about Carol than himself, and so does she.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
We got our first carcass sighting at the beach. The whales I mean, not the cameo.

This is fun to watch so far. Now all they have to do is murder off the other cast to sustain my interest. (Except Todd.)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

muscles like this? posted:

The end of this week's episode had Carol reuniting with the rest of the cast while Phil (Tandy) hides off in the distance.
Sweet, watched last week's ep and enjoyed, see you in season three!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Echo Chamber posted:

I agree totally. I started losing interest in the show last season when it was just "Phil is a total rear end in a top hat and idiot around normal people." These first two episodes were as good as last season ever was. Big question is if it can keep it up now that they're back with the other people. I feel like I'd have preferred them to draw out the Phil + Carol totally alone in the world stuff a bit more but who knows, that might have been hard to keep interesting.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I actually like the show last season when other people were hating it. But I'll admit the themes of despair and loneliness were much stronger when the show's less crowded.

I wonder how frequently the show will check in on Phil's brother.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of hoping that actually was Will Ferrell as himself but I guess not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Enjoyed first two episodes a lot. Phil is likable and him and Carol are a great team. I'm as nervous about introducing the rest of the cast back in as you all seem to be but I'm holding onto some optimism.

• Locked thread