Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Season finale this weekend. Looking forward to being done with this show unless the two remaining episodes blow me away. I have dreaded hitting play on every episode for the last 10 episodes or so and the end of a season is a fine time to call it quits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Season finale this weekend. Looking forward to being done with this show unless the two remaining episodes blow me away. I have dreaded hitting play on every episode for the last 10 episodes or so and the end of a season is a fine time to call it quits.

They'll just have an amazing season opener next season that will convince you to drag yourself though poo poo again.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Is it getting a 4th season? Those last two episodes just might be it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No word yet.

According to Forte though the season ends on a cliffhanger

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat they're already to the finale? I guess Kristin Wiig isn't going to show up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's an hour long finale, that's a lot of time for her to show up. Probably in the last 5 minutes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Another "someone's in peril" cliffhanger would be a bummer, especially if it involves one of the pregnancies.

But I don't know what else they'd do. The show really lost its momentum when Phil died, I think. He was just there as a foil to Tandy, but he was the only character pushing toward trying to rebuild. I don't remember if he was there when all the characters were like, "gently caress it let's forget about humanity and live for today" but the show's really taken that to heart and been almost totally directionless since.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

The Human Crouton posted:

They'll just have an amazing season opener next season that will convince you to drag yourself though poo poo again.
Can't see the season opener of 4 if you stopped watching after season 3, m'man.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

PostNouveau posted:

Another "someone's in peril" cliffhanger would be a bummer, especially if it involves one of the pregnancies.

But I don't know what else they'd do. The show really lost its momentum when Phil died, I think. He was just there as a foil to Tandy, but he was the only character pushing toward trying to rebuild. I don't remember if he was there when all the characters were like, "gently caress it let's forget about humanity and live for today" but the show's really taken that to heart and been almost totally directionless since.
I feel like a hopeful ending might be if out of nowhere there was a vault full of people who figured out a cure for the virus and resurfaced. Otherwise, any ending will kinda be, "well, we're going to die and then our few kids are going to die, probably."

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

JazzFlight posted:

I feel like a hopeful ending might be if out of nowhere there was a vault full of people who figured out a cure for the virus and resurfaced. Otherwise, any ending will kinda be, "well, we're going to die and then our few kids are going to die, probably."

For the zillionth time, I'm probably reading too much into a comedy show... but realistically there's no chance that the group can rebuild humanity. Even if all the women started shooting out babies like human Pez dispensers, lack of genetic diversity would begin causing fatal mutations in two or three generations.

I bet the show ends this season, it's been running out of steam the past 2.5 years.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gynovore posted:

For the zillionth time, I'm probably reading too much into a comedy show... but realistically there's no chance that the group can rebuild humanity. Even if all the women started shooting out babies like human Pez dispensers, lack of genetic diversity would begin causing fatal mutations in two or three generations.

I bet the show ends this season, it's been running out of steam the past 2.5 years.

I doubt that, none of them are related to each other. With careful matchmaking they could manage at least 3 generations without encountering any inbreeding as long as the sex ratio skews female. Past that they'd be rolling the dice and humanity as a whole is doomed without more genetic variation in the long run, yes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Maybe if the show gets cancelled it can get picked up by Netflix or Amazon and they could give the show an actual budget and be entirely the amazing season opening/midseason return episodes.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Guy Mann posted:

Maybe if the show gets cancelled it can get picked up by Netflix or Amazon and they could give the show an actual budget and be entirely the amazing season opening/midseason return episodes.
I mean no offense but why is this a post for literally every cancelled show?

Sometimes shows get cancelled because they aren't good and no one wants to watch them.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Considering how they keep writing out the 7th cast member, I have low expectations for the show having the characters "rebuild" humanity. I try to do my best to convince myself the show isn't really about long-term arcs regarding the fate of civilization or anything like that.

I tell myself that I just watch for the occasional great episode that explores the themes of loneliness, isolation, and holding onto connections with people.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The show will probably be renewed since it's not doing bad in comparison to other shows on Fox.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's not all that great, so it will probably be renewed.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I mean no offense but why is this a post for literally every cancelled show?

Sometimes shows get cancelled because they aren't good and no one wants to watch them.

Because this show has actual redeeming qualities and has had a few utterly fantastic episodes and is just hamstrung by being on a network and having to fill full season orders on a budget. Don't tell me you wouldn't watch a miniseries of just episodes like the pilot or the Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis stand-alone episodes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Echo Chamber posted:

Considering how they keep writing out the 7th cast member, I have low expectations for the show having the characters "rebuild" humanity. I try to do my best to convince myself the show isn't really about long-term arcs regarding the fate of civilization or anything like that.

I tell myself that I just watch for the occasional great episode that explores the themes of loneliness, isolation, and holding onto connections with people.

I mean, they don't have to try to rebuild. Rebuilding humanity was doing something though. Maybe they meet some Mad Max survivors and have to fight them off or something. Just, like, anything at all other than hanging around. Maybe it's nonstop road trip through the decaying ruins of America getting into misadventures along the way.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Okay, I'll admit I understand the temptation of complaining about Tandy and Carol, even though it's basically a feature of the show.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
jesus christ this show is unwatchable, I tried tonight, i did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is basically the plot of this season of The 100.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Part II is more interesting because it involves an existential threat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, that's one way to end the season.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Okay, I'll just say that's some nice payoff at the last minute. I'll stick around for season 4.

I can't imagine Kristen Wiig being a permanent new addition to the cast. I'm guessing she'll have a few episodes before being written out.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GwJbrMghQ

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Echo Chamber posted:

Okay, I'll just say that's some nice payoff at the last minute. I'll stick around for season 4.

I haven't watched this show for the past few episodes. But this makes it sound like they can literally only do season premieres and finales.
I don't think I'll miss this.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
If I stop watching a show, it's the series finale, and I love Kristen Wiig, so the fact that Kristen Wiig (as Penelope, I guess?) was the last person on camera in TLMOE, sure, that works for me! Good drat riddance show.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I still love it, and will gladly make the season four thread. It makes me laugh and I want to see what happens next, which is all I need in this world.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

muscles like this! posted:

This is basically the plot of this season of The 100.

But handled 100% less stupidly somehow.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

If I stop watching a show, it's the series finale, and I love Kristen Wiig, so the fact that Kristen Wiig (as Penelope, I guess?) was the last person on camera in TLMOE, sure, that works for me! Good drat riddance show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7WEmYMbA8

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is that true, by the way? A few years after a supervirus or zombie apocalypse or whatever, all the old power plants will turn America into a radioactive wasteland?

Why do I see that touched on so rarely in apocalyptic fiction?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Phenotype posted:

Is that true, by the way? A few years after a supervirus or zombie apocalypse or whatever, all the old power plants will turn America into a radioactive wasteland?

Why do I see that touched on so rarely in apocalyptic fiction?

It could be true, it really depends on which parts of the reactors break down first and if they're not shut down properly when the end comes. If they have time to remove the fuel rods and store them properly, no, there would be no meltdowns, no fires, etc. It really sounds like the virus moved too fast for people to take those kinds of measures though.

Edit: If the emergency shutdown switches work correctly the reactors would go cold almost immediately, and that's something one person in the control room can hit, from what I understand.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Kwyndig posted:

It could be true, it really depends on which parts of the reactors break down first and if they're not shut down properly when the end comes. If they have time to remove the fuel rods and store them properly, no, there would be no meltdowns, no fires, etc. It really sounds like the virus moved too fast for people to take those kinds of measures though.

Edit: If the emergency shutdown switches work correctly the reactors would go cold almost immediately, and that's something one person in the control room can hit, from what I understand.

Yeah it's pretty unbelievable, but at least something happened.
The deus ex machina at the end was pretty lame.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
At least those last two episode felt like apocalypse type stuff rather than being based around characters annoying each other.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

A satellite landed on the plant which, if nothing else, could cause a "dirty bomb" type scenario.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Carol and Tandy were so excruciating to watch that I nearly fast-forwarded all their scenes in this finale. Just wretched, and the Pat return was utterly pointless.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't wait to see Pamela get killed off for no reason in episode 2 next season because they couldn't afford to keep Kristen Wiig on for a whole season.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Carol and Tandy were so excruciating to watch that I nearly fast-forwarded all their scenes in this finale. Just wretched, and the Pat return was utterly pointless.

When Tandy said "I can't say it so I'll sing it" I fast forwarded 30 seconds and don't regret it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
This was boring, Forte's dialog was cringeworthy, they didn't develop Jasper at all or even reveal his name. Not to mention predictable; as soon as they mentioned aromatherapy candles I knew what would happen.

Cojawfee posted:

I can't wait to see Pamela get killed off for no reason in episode 2 next season because they couldn't afford to keep Kristen Wiig on for a whole season.

January Jones is A-list, or at least B plus. The show isn't being made on a shoestring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Just a reminder that Jasper's only backstory was a single line in this episode ("Because everyone around me always dies") that was immediately swept aside to get to another unfunny Tandy moment. That time skip was such a lazy slap in the face, they really should have devoted at least five loving minutes to an actual resolution for Melissa and Jasper's issues. At this point, the other characters on the show only exist to react to Tandy's bullshit.

This was LMoE's Hershel's Farm season. Nothing happens outside of the premiere and the finale.

• Locked thread