Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I've noticed a lot of posters around here who are saying the same things I saw newbies say in 2012, 2008, and hell, what I said in 2004. Basically I just want to know which of you are excusably naive vs. dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I've been following elections for a long time, I'm just dumb.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

2008 was my first election I'm just dumb as hell

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Voting since 2000, super-dumb.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Helsing posted:

I've been following elections for a long time, I'm just dumb.

Same

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Necc0 posted:

I've noticed a lot of posters around here who are saying the same things I saw newbies say in 2012, 2008, and hell, what I said in 2004. Basically I just want to know which of you are excusably naive vs. dumb

mothershitting this

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
wrap it obamailures sanderosers

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

If biden enters the primary and wins the nom, who does Hillary pick as VP to counter the Biden/Sanders ticket?

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

nobody gets my references and it makes me sad

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

lol

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Milk Malk posted:

If biden enters the primary and wins the nom, who does Hillary pick as VP to counter the Biden/Sanders ticket?

Nintendo Kid.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milk Malk posted:

nobody gets my references and it makes me sad

I assumed it was just your first election

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Ralp posted:

I assumed it was just your first election

I can never remember which years they talk about elections on the TV and which ones they do the Olympics because both of them are even-numbered and I get really confused.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Milk Malk posted:

I can never remember which years they talk about elections on the TV and which ones they do the Olympics because both of them are even-numbered and I get really confused.

There are Olympics in every even numbered year.....

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
another safe-space for Sanderistas to chill out and just be themselves!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
i matched my current level of enthusiasm in all past elections i voted in and my guy won them both so i seem to have a pretty good nose for this sort of stuff

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

Something Else posted:

i matched my current level of enthusiasm in all past elections i voted in and my guy won them both so i seem to have a pretty good nose for this sort of stuff

same

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Something Else posted:

I'm at 50% when it comes to presidental elections.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Necc0 posted:

wrap it obamailures sanderosers

i just realized i haven't seen a paradol ex av in a while

maybe now his hideous potato face will finally stop haunting my dreams.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never imagined that was his actual face

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
This is EVERYONES' first election.

We have been born again, washed in the spilled blood of political correctness and the establishment, cleansed of our dark past, and now emerged nubile and pure in the Golden Age of Trump.

We are emerging from the dark ages and on the precipice of a great future.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boosted_C5 posted:

We have been born again, washed in the spilled blood of political correctness and the establishment, cleansed of our dark past, and now emerged nubile and pure in the Golden Age of Trump.

it's cool to watch the empire enter its Pertinax/Didius Julianus phase in real time

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Boosted_C5 posted:

Insha'allah

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Boosted_C5 posted:

The end of man had to happen at some point, might as well go out all shiny and gold.

IMMORTAN TRUMP!!! HE LOOKED AT ME!!!!

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

This is my wife's first presidential election since 2004. She was disappointed in the result and didn't care enough or have anyone around her that cared. I made her vote in the last midterm and pointed her to websites that help her make informed voting decisions.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mr. Powers posted:

This is my wife's first presidential election since 2004. She was disappointed in the result and didn't care enough or have anyone around her that cared. I made her vote in the last midterm and pointed her to websites that help her make informed voting decisions.

nerd

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

The website was just a list of people I wanted elected.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's not my first election, but it's the first one I've been following on these forums.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Milk Malk posted:

Her only move at that point is to sign on as #2 on the Lessig ticket, then ride his constitutional convention into the sun.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's not my first election, but it's the first one I've been following on these forums.

LF '08 was a hell of a ride

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A Time To Chill posted:

LF '08 was a hell of a ride

paradol ex and the saga of Barack Obama Date Raped My Sister Figuratively Speaking

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

paranoid randroid posted:

paradol ex and the saga of Barack Obama Date Raped My Sister Figuratively Speaking

Was that the guy who managed to poo poo his colon out in the shower, or am I thinking of a different degenerate?

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I have a hard time believing that only one goon has done that.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

paradol ex was right

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
First election here( I'm 29 :/ ) I'm pulling my weight this year and making sure my friends and family vote in the primary. A thing they did not realize was a thing until I pointed it out.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kjermzs posted:

First election here( I'm 29 :/ ) I'm pulling my weight this year and making sure my friends and family vote in the primary. A thing they did not realize was a thing until I pointed it out.

Congrats on getting yourself and others up to speed. It's incredible how many people in this country have no idea how our political system works. Every individual matters.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
34 never voted and never plan to. I sort of follow the elections at times as I wold baseball or football but usually get bored. I honestly dont really care.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Mr. Powers posted:

The website was just a list of people I wanted elected.

Having a wife is great, it's like getting twice as many votes

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Congrats on getting yourself and others up to speed. It's incredible how many people in this country have no idea how our political system works. Every individual matters.

All Lives Matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Whole Lotta 'Tards Not Getting Things ITF

• Locked thread