Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Holy poo poo they actually expect you to sit through all of this when playing the game?

In theory, I mean, since there's no game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

"Little history lesson: "

All that walking led to more exposition? Is this a visual novel?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

This is really the best they could think of doing to fill the time during the SC con?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Eonwe posted:

It's still a better investment than star citizen

No .jpgs? Amateur

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Eonwe posted:

any investors will get jpgs of any part of me they want

Wulf how did you get Eonwe's account?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

They can't give us a date for when he'll be done.

Croberts keeps sending him home because the buttons on his trench coat don't look right and need to be remodeled.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

An old messageboard
Sandi madly stalks her prey
Spinning elephant

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Okay, it might just be me, but I think these computer peripherals that RSI is shilling look like crap.

Wait a sec...

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

A haiku in space This line of the haiku now has MORE SYLLABLES and MORE CONTENT for you to enjoy! It will be in full 3D and be voiced by the queen of England. If we reach our stretch goal, we will shave all the dots off the "i"s.
[Second line in two weeks]
[Third line estimated 2016]

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Erenthal posted:

Yeah. I mean, we joke around a lot in the thread, but jesus, come on:

No one can look at this and go "Yup, looks really good for 2015 FPS, 3 years into development for 90 million dollars."

It unambiguously looks like crap.

I like that they very cleverly cut away from first person whenever a gun is actually being fired because it looks like poo poo. There's like one second of seeing a gun getting fired at 1:14 and it's completely stationary, they just make a muzzle flash appear behind the frozen gun model.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

hi im BellesBiggerBoobs, and i would like an idris please you loving retards!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Ohmygodsquad posted:

The way these guys talk about geneva conventions and not attacking medical ships and rep loss makes me wish this game would actually come out so Starfleet Dental could field their medical fleet and neutrally ram people so they'll respawn in the medbay with all the doors locked.

Its like they just make up these game mechanics and don't think about how easily exploitable they are.

All the more reason to never finish the game. If SC were ever finished, goons would just ruin it. As long as it is a dream, the brown sea rules the verse!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Amarcarts posted:

I wonder why nobody mentions the fact that it's a little weird to have like 4-6 different companies in 3+ countries to make a videogame.

I am way more surprised that a $90m company just flat-out ignored their obligation to file reports with Companies House in the UK. I cannot think of any good reason not to do that unless:

a) you don't have accounting records of any kind, or
b) you are planning to screw over your investors/generous redditors

Frankly, Bootcha, you should have been making frantic all-caps posts four months ago when they weren't posted by the due date, because this is some shady poo poo.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Really they should create 25 sub-accounts for the referral bonus, then ask for refunds on the 25 accounts once they have their golden idol. Except doing that would be fraud heresy

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Each ship will have a slider between cismale and wolf furry.

That should accurately represent the player base's needs.

Will I be able to send people JPEGs of my ship's landing gear freely, or will I have to pay CIG a database pube schmeg removal fee?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Y'all see that new space game on Steam, Rebel Galaxy? Looks like a fun space game similar to SC, except done, and good. And playable. And released.

If it's released, then what's the point? Makes it harder to shitpost about it imo

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Since Derek is gone and there hasn't been a colossal CIG gently caress-up recently, can we make fun of the terrible Star Citizen Game Ideas subforum? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/categories/game-ideas

From the first page:

I don't know what's wrong with the seven people who voted "yes", but maybe CIG should contact them since they still haven't filed their real-life paperwork.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Ooooh, its not a spaceship sim, its SimSpaceship.

I've changed my mind, if they turn Star Citizen into this game, I will pledge for a space JPEG:

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Mirificus posted:

Star Citizens have the best ideas:

Interstellar travel should take thousands of years. I should be forced to wait in the captain's chair for the rest of my days, transferring my space JPEGs to my progeny on death so that one day, my children's children can reach the destination and turn in that haulage quest I accepted.

At the current rate of progress, only my children's children would get to play the game anyway

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

It still goes on

Wait holy gently caress he put his real name on there? And then talked about how he was a real professional shitposter security something or other?

Reddit lawyer guy is right, if he's genuinely licensed as something and employed in a related field, this could get really, really awkward for him if DS takes his threats any further. God drat, that's unprofessional.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Peven Stan posted:

Perhaps the most salient detail that CIG is up to no good has to do with their murky corporate structure and far flung foreign operations. How exactly does CIG and RSI fit together? Why do they have studios in the UK and Germany? I have a feeling if someone bothers to follow the corporate paperwork it'll look something like thi:

No need to do Enron fuckery if you just refuse to file your accounts like CIG.

It's genius, they don't even need to lie to their stakeholders, they just do their Jedi mind trick of "you don't want to see our financials. Only bad people ask to see financials. You want to buy more ships."

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Agrajag posted:

what the hell does professional security training even mean?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Eonwe posted:

did you guys know there is star citizen fanfiction holy gently caress lol

I know that there is an entire subforum dedicated to it!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/categories/star-citizen-role-play

That's not the real gold, though. The good poo poo is in the Star Citizen fan art subforum: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/categories/fan-art

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ithin-the-teams. The pictures in this thread look like something out of a serial killer's basement. I don't even know what some of these are supposed to be.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

You're right, I changed my mind, these are very good

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Can someone who hasn't been banned or refunded yet please try to save this guy? I really want to see his Derek Smart shops.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

thanks man!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

ShredsYouSay posted:

There's videos on his channel with 1 view from two years ago... It's pretty tragic.

it's tragic because they're AMAZING

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

DS please be the next OP

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

DOMDOM posted:

i think the single best thing this thread has delivered are the photoshops back on p. 714

if you missed them, please go look

If that guy put up his own JPEG kickstarter to compete with croberts', he'd hit his pledge goal in a second

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

SneakyFrog posted:

I CAME BACK FOR FUN

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo.

I figured with 100 something posts maybe d-smart sued someone or we found the secret spank folder of someone

serious unfunny posting. You guys are so much better. :smith:

You want fun? How about several hundred HILARIOUS star citizen memes? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/160833/star-citizen-memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

natetimm posted:

Don't they already have some sort of subscription thing going?

Yeah, but you don't get a JPEG or anything else for that, the subscription is just for people who hate having money.

• Locked thread