Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Since I'm re-reading the LP from the beginning, and saw the line about how Tidus is about one tick above Nowe in Idiot Hero-ness, how would you rate the IQs of main characters you've played?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
What is this I'm hearing about an FFX LP curse? What, like everytime someone's tried to do one, everything goes wrong?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Reading all these alternate text things...that's what was sorely missing from Drakengard 3! And now I'm imagining that instead of Valefor as her first summon, it was Mikhail.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Something else pretty frickin' huge sneaks it's way into Lake Macalania in the sequel and no one sees it until it's too late to see exactly what it is, just a vague shape. Macalania is apparently the place to go if you don't wanna be noticed

Spoiler'd even though I doubt Id is doing the sequel.

At this point, I think he'll do Drakengard 2-2 involving the further adventures of Nowe before he ever thinks about doing X2. Unless somewhere along the line it involves Mikhail eating him for nearly destroying the world!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Least we don't have Cam Clarke telling us to stay in the shade to restore HP umpteen times. Also, I'd imagine Zero and Auron would get along swimmingly.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
It's like every new FF game, they have to do a new drawing for the same creatures. At least in SMT, they keep their fiends with the same designs they've been using since as far back as SMT1!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Oh jeez. Since we've talked about old TDI LPs in the past, anyone wanna think that in the ending to Tales from the Borderlands that Rhys and Fiona went off with the Wave Existence along with Krelian?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Did I miss something? Why are we talking about Nier and Sith Lord Yoko in an FFX LP thread?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I also keep hearing of White Chlorination and Red Eye when it comes to Nier. What is that anyway? I know the furthest I got in the Nier LP involved Emil turning into a skullheaded thing or something after the timeskip.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Welp, the Gameplay Trailer for Nier Automata is out. The music sounds like something I'd expect from an Ar Tonelico game. And of course, there's still plenty of bullet hell that the first game had.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Where's our baby dragon when you need him?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
And for more added hilarity, guess what other series James Arnold Taylor has been in that involves grinding on rails with just his boots? The only thing missing is the robot backpack/jetpack/helipack.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So, considering they've done Persona + Etrian Odyssey, if only cause they're both by Atlus...how would you imagine Final Fantasy crossed with EO? I can already imagine Tonberries being some super tough FOE.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
What would Caim's Final Smash be? Summoning the Mother Grotesquerie down to smite someone like Wario? Or would Angelus just roast Bowser down with fire and general bitchiness?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I read that in your opinion that while they have a thought out beginning and end with a soggier middle for this game, wasn't that also one of the assumptions made during the Drakengard 3 LP?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Squalitude posted:

...how literal are we talking??

I'm imagining he put an actual battle axe into his laptop.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Oh great. We're gonna have to deal with Billy loving Coen memes, aren't we?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, I looked up that Penance boss and goddamn. 30+ minutes even with everybody maxed out?! gently caress that noise!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So, I looked up that Demi-Fiend boss fight as well. It takes a special kind of crazy to not only want to level up enough to fight that thing, but even moreso to win. And I'm someone who beat Lorence in Trails in the Sky!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Reeeeeeeally wish I knew about those strategies when I was but a boy. Defender X was the biggest roadblock since Evrae and made me outright give up on the game for like eight years.

Yeah, I think I gave up on FFX the first time around there, too. Was this guy a That One Boss to anyone else?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Can we just agree that TDI's LPs always bring out the worst in elfkind? I'm looking at you, Arioch!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

A rhythm game where you defeat demon lords, and having done so, can equip them as outfits for your character (provided you pay the microtransaction fee for each demon lord beyond the first one).

I am not making this poo poo up, by the way.

I've seen that game on the Google store before.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

The Man Festival works just as well if you imagine Zero, Cent and Decadus in the roles of Yuri, Anastasia and Joachim. You wouldn't even have to change much of the dialogue.

I'm gonna disagree. Zero I can accept in Yuri's spot, but let's switch Cent and Decadus with Mikhail and Octa. Waitaminute, wasn't Blanca in that scene? In that case, put Dito in that role.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So he's a nuisance for everyone in and out of combat? :v:

So in short, Tidus is just Nowe without the excuse of having a dragon grandpa to back him up?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-happy-accident-of-nier-automata/1100-6433284/

So yeah, this story's about how Nier Automata even started getting worked on. For all we know, our resident Sith Lord may have found himself an apprentice in Yasuhisa Taura. Now we just gotta wait to see if he'll grow strong enough to strike his master down when he's weak.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I had a thought. Considering Hedy Buress, who voices Yuna, also voiced Rosie in Valkyria Chronicles, I'm thinking this. Since Yuna's first Dressphere in FFX-2 is a Gunner and Rosie is a Shocktrooper, what's to say that someone hasn't done fanart of replacing Yuna's Gunner dressphere with Rosie's outfit?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Welp, put this on the list of poo poo Id's fudged his pants to next to Goddess Furiae.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, is it wrong that with that scene of Tidus coming out and seeing Sin in Zanarkand that I'd want to see him react like he's Markiplier?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I've had some disturbing thoughts ever since Undertale came out, and this ties into Drakengard 3. Considering that Zero's on a quest to kill her sisters and have Mikhail kill her, not to mention that this involves a lot of altered timelines...I'd hate to wonder if the Flower that was in Zero's eye was Flowey who managed to cross the Barrier! So yeah, if Ending A was the canon timeline, then this is Flowey making sure he's on one huge No Mercy run, and no Sans to stop him!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So what's more bullshit for you, Id? Getting every weapon in the Drakengard series, or FFX's ultimate weapons? I wouldn't mind if someone time traveled and made it so Hymir's Finger was Auron's ultimate weapon.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
How have you not had an aneurysm from all these bullshit sidequests? Idk if there were rage inducing ones in Chrono Cross, but I did read about the "Life in the Sands" thing on TVTropes.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Maechen was voiced by Dwight Schultz, right? Either way, he's done goofy voices as well as evil voices. For goofy, think Mung Daal from Chowder; For creepy, think Deathshead from Wolfenstein: The New Order.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
If they are remaking Xenogears, I can only bet that, just for Id's torture, they'll make the Narration Zone even longer and more non-interactive.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Idk if this was posted on here before, but Man At Arms did an episode where they make Auron's default sword into something functional in real life.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So, in related stuff to things TDI has played, I've been playing Virtue's Last Reward since Zero Escape 3 is coming out in June. I remembered that three of the characters in that game; Alice, Dio and Zero III are voiced by, well, Zero, Cent and Mikhail. Now who wants to imagine our baby dragon as some snarky dragon pun making AI?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, I can't hear the words "GET DUNKED ON" without thinking of Sans!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
And just what is Auron's reward for bringing about the Eternal Calm? To guest star in Kingdom Hearts II.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Since Sony's been putting PS2 games up on the PSN with achievements, if they do that for Shadow Hearts 1, 2 and maybe even 3, I'll consider buying them.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
He could always try an LP for a game that's not an RPG and/or relies on the RNG's good graces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Not to mention that Yuna is his cousin. Of course, incest stuff like that is a fetish in Japan.

• Locked thread